Skip to content

TheWanderer

Resident Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by TheWanderer

  1. I would have thought that if it has been built then it's too late, without very deep pockets if at all at a later date. I think that there's a lumbar adjuster on the seat. Not never looked for it.
  2. As the title says. Have you updated to 1969? Have you had any issues with it? Are there any benefits or downsides to it? I'd be interested to know as I have the software (not in a hurry to do the upgrade), but expect it will drop in of its own accord soon anyway. TIA
  3. But have you read the latest reviews, it seems that you're not the only one having fun & games with the latest version of AA.
  4. Sorry I can't help on this as I have 1941. However I found this on the Play Store: Check out the list of compatible devices for Android Auto Wireless: https://goo.gle/39iFuUj.
  5. Make the jump to 1941, it solves quite a few problems.
  6. That's a more basic model, so unlikely to have it I'm afraid.
  7. It might depend on what Octavia you have, if you have a vRS you'll more than likely have it, but if it's a more basic model the it's more likely that you won't have what they used to call "Tourist Mode"
  8. Nope that doesn't work either. I just use the fob to open the boot.
  9. It's going to have to go on the back burner. I've just had a front tyre go with a bulge in it. Cheapest price I can get is Asda Tyres @ £183 fitted for Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersport 225/40/19 93Y 😭
  10. Hi. And no, I didn't find anyone to fit it, Bannings was the only one which was local to me.
  11. I just went and checked my car, it has "Easy Open" highlighted in Green which suggests that it's active and yet when I try to wave my foot under the rear bumper nothing happens. Not that Im worried too much about it.
  12. If you're really serious about security the fit a Tracker device, it gets nicked you can get plod to track it.
  13. It proves you don't need to stand outside your car waving your leg under the boot ldoing some weird dance & looking like a complete wally.
  14. Just press & hold the boot button on the fob and it opens & closes automatically with the warning bleeps.
  15. The thing with stoplock is that you can pop it behind the passenger seat or on rear seat easily
  16. You need VCDS or OBDEleven/ODB11 to start tweaking. But the principal thing to remember is to make a backup of all of the settings BEFORE you make any changes, so you can revert them if they don't work as expected. However be warned there are a few that are ONE change only, and an increasing number are protected with security codes/barriers, some require licences to work at all.
  17. It's Thatcham Cat 3 approved, same as the disc lock.
  18. Or you could just get one of these. They're £50 rather than £130-150, also a lot easier to store & handle. I've got one.
  19. That's what I suggested an alignment check, pressure check, tread check. If you do all of those, then I'd get the suspension checked or changed.
  20. What brand of tyres are on your car, decent tyres make a nice difference. I want some Goodyears on mine, I'll have to buy them one at a time and then have them fitted later on, as I can't afford to buy them as 4s as I'm retired.
  21. You may want to seek the advice of a tuning specialist as to what they can do for you, I know that some guys here are into tuning and modification work, so it would be good idea to ask in the performance and tuning forum, rather than the general MK4 section.
  22. Change the mode of the car if you have DCC to Sport. It makes it better, you may want to change the tyres for something more sporty Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics or suchlike. Get your wheel alignment checked as well as it might be slightly out.
  23. Don't forget that part of the headlight unit also forms the indicators, so tinting it would also affect them too.
  24. No they're sealed units, it's also illegal to tint headlights/DRLs to reduce the brightness >50%, and to display any colour other than yellow or white. You could expect a £200 fine & 6pts.
  25. It's unlikely that they'll take it in as the car is driveable, they might be able to diagnose what's causing the issue, it's unlikely that they'll carry the software updates, so it'll be up to you to take your car to the dealership yourself.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.