Everything posted by Gabbo
-
Protective film for the rear bumper
Here is the actual product link. It seems my link before shows only pictures... https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/aw/d/B097YSVM59 Do you have a link to what you bought?
-
Protective film for the rear bumper
They do the same in transparent. Also the aluminium protector from Skoda doesn't cover the "lip" of the bumper so the film offers a small benefit over this..
-
Protective film for the rear bumper
I have this on my Octavia and Superb: https://www.amazon.de/portal/customer-reviews/media-gallery/ref=cm_cr_dp_mb_crsl_img_sm?ie=UTF8&asin=B097YSVM59&mediaType=image If you look in the reviews with images you can see my Dragon skin Superb with the carbon look vinyl cover... They are great for light use, loading shopping, pets, light DIY items etc. If you were to drag a heavy furniture over it, then it will likely scratch or tear. You can see from the photo the thickness of the strip. I considered the official aluminium protector strip but that is more than 5x the price so I decided to try this first. I've no complaints so far
-
Charge and Petrol Flaps
Does the Octavia have a feature to "purge" the vapour from the petrol system before it will allow you to open the charging cap? On our last Mercedes, When you pull the release of the charging flap, you would need to wait 10-20s until it will release the flap.
-
Frequent dpf regens
I had a month with my car which was similar. My wife was using it and only doing short journeys & it seemed like there was a constant attempt to regen. At the end of the month I had the warning "DPF see manual". I took the car on a run up the motorway and after 10 minutes the warning has cleared. We've not had any issues since... The car is currently at 225k km & I've never used additive or cleaner.
-
Lumpy tick over
I'm not really a mechanical guy but I'd also imagine a stretched timing chain would constantly affect the engine not just sometimes... What else have they checked? What is P0011 ?
-
GPS settings - TimeZone, Speed display, Light Adjustment
Just completed my first trip from Europe to the UK in the Superb MK3 2024. Was a bit disappointed when crossing the channel that the Speed Display & Time didn't automatically update when it detected I was in the UK. Had to change both manually in the settings. In my MK3 Octavia there was a popup asking if you wanted to change the light settings to RHD instead of LHD. There was nothing in the Superb... Do I need to change my lighting configuration as well?? On the plus side, I was very impressed with the fuel economy during the trip. 200PS 4x4 DSG7. 5.9l/100km at French speeds 135kph (800km) 4.9l/100km at UK speeds 65mph (105kph) average (400km)... How can you guys live with the state of the roads in the UK though? Almost 50% of my journey from Dover to Manchester was through roadworks with 50mph limit... The road surface is terrible & the lane disciple in the UK is appalling... 5 lane highways and everyone sticks to lanes 4 or 5 even when there's nothing in the first 3 lanes... 1 week of autobahn lessons in Germany should be made compulsory..!!
-
Skoda clutch advice
A diesel manual should be almost impossible to stall even if your are hard with the clutch. There is plenty of torque even at pull away & you should be able to drive completely from standstill just using the clutch (without touching the accelerator pedal). The idle controller is very strong in a diesel. I would say that your clutch is completely shot or you have problems with the DMF (flywheel). You can test the flywheel by driving in gear. Accelerate, no accelerator, accelerate no accelerator & if you hear a clanking each time the engine engages/disengages this is also a problem. Did you buy the car from a garage or private sale? I'd recommend taking it back to the garage if you can.
-
Cornering Light AFS Fault
I signed up for the free trial of Carista to read the fault codes. Mine suggests an error from the front levelling sensor: 5256213- Left front level control system sensor: Open circuit/short circuit to B+ I assume this is the sensor fitted to the steering/ front drive system in the left wheel arch as shown in the image? Does anyone know the part number and how simple it is to change?
-
Seat Organiser/Tablet Holder Recommendations for Sportline seats
Thanks, that looks like it would exactly do the trick without looking too terrible when fitted. I'm back in the UK next week so might order one of these from Amazon to see what they're like. 👍
-
Cornering Light AFS Fault
+1 bump for this thread. My Octavia just threw the same error... Any suggestions of things to check would be appreciated before I take it to the garage in November for the service
-
Seat Organiser/Tablet Holder Recommendations for Sportline seats
When I ordered my Superb Sportline last year, we only saw the L&K version. The L&K had these great headrest tablet holders which the kids loved which obviously cant be fitted to the Superline. (doh) We are making our first roadtrip next month & the kids are now complaining that dont have anywhere to organise their things. Does anyone have any recommendations for rear seat organisers for the Sportline seats? All of the ones on Amazon have an adjustable strap around the seat which is guess is my only possibility but look pretty terrible with the bucket style seats
-
EPC indicating turbo underboost
exactly, you need the error codes to know for sure, but I find it hard to see a link between "underboost" and battery performance especially when driving as the alternator will be running. A dodgy battery would usually trigger lots of other warnings (communication errors) & its usually obvious during starting when your battery is bad because you get many messages on the dashboard after starting (ACC not available, ABS Error, etc etc)
-
PHEV engine
Probably better posting in one of the other forums where there will be more users with the PHEV engine. The powertrains are pretty much the same between the Octavia, Superb Mk3 & Mk4 so I dont think theyll be any huge leaps in driving feel. My experience with a PHEV was that driving wise, if you make short journeys or journeys less than the electric autonomous distance they were great providing you could charge at home. Electric driving really is much more smooth than IC engines even with automatic transmissions & the performance of even small/low power motors is more than enough. When combined with the IC they make for a great driving experience without the worry of running out of juice. The Mercedes we had was aweful to drive though if the battery was at 0% as it relied a lot on the electric drive to smooth the pull-aways,gear changes & accelerations. You should be aware that you will lose some space from the boot floor as it will be filled with batteries.
-
hesitant and uneven start
I had similar intermittent problems starting on my Octavia TDI from 2014. Sometimes lots of dead cranking other times, fired up first time. After changing the battery everything has been fine for the last year. I didn't program anything just changed like for like (AGM -> AGM).
-
TDI Official Oil Consumption Limits
I've told the garage I will accept to monitor it until the next service. However, I think at the next service I will ask them to do a compression test to see if it is just general consumption or a problem on one specific cylinder. There's no issues with idle or engine stability but probably cylinder balancing software would be able to balance out minor differences... If I invested in a license for OBD11 or Carista would there be some cylinder balancing information I could read myself? Gabbo
-
TDI Official Oil Consumption Limits
So feedback from the dealer on Wednesday was, there's are no signs of oil in the air intake, or after the turbo or in the exhaust. There are no signs of oil leaking from the engine/sump. The oil must be being consumed by the engine but they could not immediately do more because the official consumption figures from VW are 0.5L/1000km... 5L per 10k 😬 Essentially there's nothing"wrongly installed or broken"... I have 3 years manufacturers warranty so they suggested to monitor it for another 6 months to understand if it is getting worse. They have recorded my last 2 visits, mileage and oil added to keep an official record. If I need subsequent top ups they will do this for me to maintain an official record. I think I will write to Skoda to raise my complaint anyway and it's another way to document that any problems along the line were not diagnosed/investigated. As the car is in warranty, they won't allow to change to a different type of oil. I posed them the question if I would need to change the oil at the regular service intervals as over the 30k variable inspection distance, I would have periodically have changed >5.5L & they will check with Skoda engineering. If the consumption stayed constant, I could accept another 150€ a year in oil if it reduced my servicing costs by the same amount. If I wanted them to do some more detailed investigation, I have to hope that the consumption get worse within the next 2.5 years...🤔
-
TDI Official Oil Consumption Limits
Thanks @Ootohere..! I'm a bit more reassured by that info. Although I'd prefer not to have a need engine but as the car is intended to be a keeper, it's perhaps better to start from a good one to minimise problems later. 🤞 For Wednesday
-
TDI Official Oil Consumption Limits
At this rate I'll have almost brand new oil before the first service 🤣 Maybe cheaper than a complete oil change every year as the top up will be at my price rather than the dealer markup...
-
TDI Official Oil Consumption Limits
This was what I was afraid of.... 0.5L/1000km means 10 to 15L in a year with my average usage (25-30k km), this is just crazy..!!! No engine should use this much... That's more oil than adBlue... (🤣) My car is new from Dec 2023, so this consumption seems constant if not getting slightly worse (750ml after the first 6k) and another 1L at 13k... I drive 95% on the highway cruising at 125kph, 140km round trip per day.. Nothing aggressive, limited short journeys and the temperatures were not cold this winter. I'm a bit nervous for what they will find on Wednesday, especially if they say there's "no problems"...
-
TDI Official Oil Consumption Limits
There's no oily deposits around the exhaust, I checked this already. However with a DPF most of the oil will probably clog up the DPF id imagine (causing expensive problems later). There's no spots of oil in there parking place & I've parked since Thursday with a cardboard sheet underneath again no spotting but you may be right with material absorbing the oil. I don't have any proper jacks or ramps to be able to safely remove the undertray but I might try and remove the screws on one side to take a look before sending it on Wednesday.... Gabbo
-
TDI Official Oil Consumption Limits
That's what I was hoping originally that the PDI wasn't done properly as they flipped the car to me less than 2 days after it arrived at the garage. My Octavia consumes 750mL of oil every 25k km which is ok for me. 5L in the same distance is too much. I hope it's something simple like a misfitted hose rather than a dodgy turbo or piston rings that need major intervention. Gabbo
-
Aircon: Passenger side issue (no cold air)
+1 for this. I had the same problem on my Octavia recently. Drivers side was cold but passenger air was ambient temperature. After refilling the AC gas, both sides are now fine.
-
TDI Official Oil Consumption Limits
My new Superb TDI (200Ps DSG7) needed ~750mL of oil at 6k km. (Reading a touch above low on dipstick & a check oil level warning). I went to the dealer to get it checked & they "found no problems" and topped up the oil and coolant. Another 6k km later I have again the check oil level warning and this time it's reading low on the dipstick so has used ~1L.. Coolant looks fine. I'm back at the dealer on Wednesday to understand where it's going. There's no obvious signs of a leak I can see, So I assume it's burning oil but 1L every 6k km seems excessive to me.. When the dealer tells me it's "within official limits" does anyone know where the actual acceptable consumption is written in the VaG Manuals?
-
Superb Mk4
How do you adjust the armrest height??? (Grabs keys to go and check it in the car)..