Skip to content

Dean

Administrators
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Dean

  1. That would be the first thing I’d remove… Got a picture? These engines do not like blow off valves as they are not designs for them. You need a diverter valve. You can still get the ptshhh sound if you wish with a open cone filter or a cold air induction setup.
  2. While this is connected to the CD changer plug, I don't think these use the CD changer option. It should be using the AUX settings? However, I could be wrong... Either way, make sure you connect the red wire to 12V+, the black wire to 12V-. Then try the CD changer (as I guess it's meant to mimic a connection) and, also try the AUX option too.
  3. Hi Conor, As you look into the engine bay, each side should be a small grommet if it's there, down by the bonnet hinges. From my old L&K. Every time it rained, my carpet was soaked, and it ended up ruining the underlay. I had to rip everything out to try and dry the interior. Under the scuttle panel, to the right of the cabin filter, I had this grommet missing. This was for left hand drive cars who had the bonnet latch wire coming through the firewall. UK cars have it on the right. Purchase a load of bungs/grommets and sealed it over. Never had a leak again.
  4. Not many left, harder to find MK1's in the last couple of years. I'd look in the new year, these seem to pop up in the summer. Keep holding out in the FB Groups I'm sure someone will reply with one for sale.
  5. Unsure if you’re willing to take the badges off carefully, I’d have them please. If not, just a size will do for now. Sorry for the late reply.
  6. Had this happen to me. Thankfully I was doing work on the drive. There’s a strainer on the pickup pipe, but you don’t want that getting clogged up with larger pieces as you’ll starve the engine of oil. Best interest is to order a new dipstick, and get it changed. Drop the sump and clean it all out. While you’re there, you may as well change the pickup pipe…
  7. Indeed. That would be similar to plugging in a device to the wall socket and not connecting it to the device... If there is a wire broken somewhere (as an example), then it cannot communicate.
  8. These work on a loop system. So the rear works off the front loom. A break or corrosion on the wire will cause issues. The above states there is a short to ground, so there must be a break somewhere. I would remove the front door card and inspect the whole loom for continuity. Very common, so look at the blocks, and wires going through the door frames and the B pillar with the connector blocks connect together. Example of what happened to mine (extreme)
  9. Hey, sorry for late reply. I am after the front wing/fender badges. And if there was a spare, to put one on the rear boot. So, yes the fronts please! Custom boot badge using original badging Images owned by JamieP86
  10. Possible this could relate to the pedal brake switch. Worth exploring.
  11. I’d upgraded to the VRS 312s. I’ve just put on some Mtec Disks and pads for the VRS. And see alright for the price.
  12. I might have a spare, but I won't be able to look for another week. If you need it fairly quickly, speak to Gav on the MK1 Octavia FB group. He has about 4/5 MK1 vRS's currently breaking.
  13. Good idea, I'll remember that for my next door handle job! Glad it's all done.
  14. Ah it's the same one I just posted then?
  15. https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202509036013431 Another #LIMITED EDITION NUMBER #664# #TIMING BELT DONE# #FULL SERVICE HISTORY# #LAST OWNER SINCE 2014# #2 KEYS# #RARE CAR# #12 MONTHS MOT# #WHEELS JUST BEEN REFURBISHED# #ORIGINAL CAR# #CAR HAS JUST ARRIVED IN STOCK MORE IMAGES TO FOLLOW# #CURRENTLY THE ONLY ONE FOR SALE IN ENGLAND#
  16. Did you have a reg or location on this?
  17. Oh yes! Don’t do what I do/did. First time I didn’t realise. But, ever since then I now count the groves left over or use a marker pen.
  18. Very simply, put a small pick on the plastic part and push it or or poke it out, you’ll see that it’ll dangle there. 5:00 in - Same principle on Octavia
  19. After coming across Joe's video yesterday, I wondered if there is a Skoda Superb verison of this Passat that has a 70L tank? Volkswagen Passat. 1.6 TDI BlueMotion Tech Looking around for a long distance runner which is comfortable and can achieve good mileage on 1 tank of diesel. I have driven an estate SE Edition 2.0 in the past. I'm not too worried about a 1.6L and with it being gutless as it will be a cruiser. However, I want to avoid any of the engined with bad oil issues, etc. If not, I may look into picking one of these up. Any advice?
  20. English only please, or posts will not be approved.
  21. I would probably save the hassle and go for a complete custom exhaust.
  22. Cruise control is on the MSFW, with it optioned. You wouldn't get the stalk too...
  23. I did ask about this car, but their prices were a little farfetched... It was cheaper to visit Gav (2 hour trip) to get parts I needed.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.