Everything posted by 26DIPP
-
Windscreen wipers not working
Wino, VCDS was a brilliant suggestion. I had homed in on the stalk, but the BCM registered all the positions of the stalk in the VCDS measuring blocks. A relay / BCM is now ordered.
-
Windscreen wipers not working
Actually VCDS is a good point for checking the stalk. I had it connected to simply check for DTCs but did not think of output testing. Googling for "relay" inside the BCM I got another link - - and I might just order this relay anyway.
-
Windscreen wipers not working
I did some measuring and had the motor out. The motor is running when connected directly to 12V in stage 1 and stage 2. There is no power from the supplying motor wire on the stage 1 or stage 2 contacts, i.e. probably nothing from the stalk, but could also be BCM. The earth on the socket has got continuity and there is a voltage on the run-on cable - XS4 -16. I did not measure the stalk - stage 1 and 2 - outputs, but this is the most likely fault then. So next will be steering wheel off.
-
Windscreen wipers not working
Thanks for the replies at christmas. It is a Fabia from 2009. There is no action on any of the stalk settings. I just had a look at the wiring diagram for the wiper control. I will take the car into the garage tomorrow and start by checking power at the fuse - easiest. If there is no power, it has to be the switch. Otherwise I will check the motor. I could not see a relais. It sems to be controlled via the BCM - XS4 and XP4 outputs.
-
Windscreen wipers not working
Happy Christmas, My christmas present was my daughter coming home last night saying that the wipers stopped working. This morning we checked fuses 26 and 44 and both are fine - swapped them for new ones. So I guess that it is the motor... ? How much hassle is it to change the motor? I have been in the bulk head before but not to do anything to the wiper motor.
-
Increase in size of fuel tank
Mercedes will sell you a 60 litre tank on a E-Class and you can opt for a larger one as a cost extra.
-
problem with the reverse sensor
I replaced one one my daughter's FII with one from Aliexpress and it worked fine. It took a couple of weeks to arrive. Try swapping the sensors from right to left and check if the faults move to the left. If not it could be wiring or the controller.
-
Advice on boot leak on Fabia estate
The rear lights are held in place with one large plastic bolt from the inside of the boot. Try to tighten the bolt on the right.
-
Seat belt warning sign.
It has been coded out with VDCS or other.
-
Running wire from engine bay to interior
I put heated windscreen washer jets in and useda grommet on the driver / right side at the top of the bulkhead. I cannot take a picture now because the car is not here.
-
Mercedes driver ripped / broke off my motorbike mirror today
Thank you #roottoot and #lol-lol for the replies. The police is involved, I am not sure how much they are prepared to do. After all it is not just a report for criminal damage against someone anonymous. I am not sure where the stalking part comes into all of this now. After an accident the parties involved normally stay to exchange details. #J.R. just to clarify for you. A 1.5 ton 2m wide car came driving towards ME in MY lane,not my bike towards him. While I touched his beloved car - flipping in his mirror as my handguard and mirror were almost touching anyway -, but did not cause any damage to his car, he broke off my mirror causing damage worth about £350. He might just have wanted to flip mirror, but that went quite wrong - out of stupidity or other. If you see enough justification in this to damage property, we will absolve this great soul as it is christmas
-
Mercedes driver ripped / broke off my motorbike mirror today
Car coming towards me trying to go past parked cars on his left and I thought he was coming for me, so braked and stopped. Verbal exchange with me questioning why he needed so much room on his left and him replying that "the best I can do for myself is to **** off". Slightly less friendly reply from me but still o.k., pushed / flipped his mirror in to get past his car and he reached out and tore my mirror off the brake master cylinder bracket. He drove off and I had to look for the car in the area. Found the car later and knocked on the door to speak to him. He said I had broken off his mirror..... I looked at it and it looked pretty o.k. to me. I said to him I will take some pictures and he offered that he would knock me clean out if I did. Took some pictures and reported to police. I do not think he lives at the address where I found him and the car. Can I get his details from the DVLA or elsewhere? Or will the police send them to me?
-
Brake pad options?
I checked the receipt and it was Pagid rather than Eicher for the Fabia. The Brembo set was the same price. I changed my wife's front discs and pads this year on a Nissan Note and used Eicher. Eicher are no worse than OEM so far. The Brembo set was only £30 more. For the Note Brembo prices are only midfield.
-
Headlamp high/low beam problems
The FII does not normally come with auto lights. It could be an aftermarket switch. I do not understand the setting options in your post.
-
Brake pad options?
I fitted a set of Brembo pads and discs and a few there was terrible juddering when the brakes were applied. got them changed to - I think - Eicher and everything is o.k.
-
ESP fault when using self-parking
Diagnostic Trouble Codes. Basically read out the car's controllers for faults. Basic code readers are petty cheap. The dealer will charge £75 and upwards.
-
ESP fault when using self-parking
Check the DTCs.
-
Snapped boot cubby handle
I get very good results with superglue on this kind of break. Try that first before ordering a new one.
-
Superb MkII 2014 4x4 Haldex question please
If you have access to a DTC / OBD2 reader, check for error codes. If you have a slope or wet grass or sand let someone start the car with a F1 start and watch for turning and spinning rear wheels. Do you hear or feel the car scratching the road when it is wet and slippery or are you able to still pull away quite brisk? If the answer is the first you might only have FWD otherwise 4x4.
-
Help Identify which colour X-trem Alloy I have
The VAG wheel colour code is / used to be the last 3 digits of the PN. For my winter wheels - VW Road America - PN 3B0601025L Z31, the colour code would be Z31- bright silver.
-
Flex Pipe Exhaust repair
My daughter's FII - BXW engine - failed its MOT because of a leak behind the flexible exhaust pipe. I bought a kit on Ebay which included the flex pipe, 2 x 48mm clamps and exhaust putty. The exhaust had a small leak at last year's MOT which got an advisory and we should have fixed it really for this MOT. Well, I tried with a larger hose clamp and sealant but it did not convince the tester. I started by marking the cuts on the exhaust pipe and undid the front end to the manifold. There are 3 x 16mm bolts to take off which can be a little stuck, and a XZN bolt. I left the back section in place and cut with a small angle grinder that part straight and did the front end on a bench. The replacement fits over the old exhaust. The OD is 45.2mm and it was a good and tight fit with the new part. There is about 5 cm overlap on the old exhaust. I tried to clamp it first without the exhaust putty but still had a small leak so had to fit it with exhaust putty and the leak was gone.
-
2007/07 Plate Headunit/Radio Upgrade
The Columbus radio uses CAN 2.0, the preFL Roomster and FII use CAN 1.6. You can use a Canbus adapter apparently.
-
Door and alarm
We had a similar problem with my daughter's FII. Her car had the problem in the passenger door. I left a thread on the Fabia forum part. You can take the door lock apart and swap too little micro switches around. The micro switches get worn out over time. You can swap them because the two use oposing contacts inside. Or you get a new lock off ebay or from elsewhere.
-
TIMING BELT KIT
Skoda UK use this. Continental Skoda franchises - Germany, France... - but also Australia claim for the same engines 210000 Km and no time interval..... Is this extreme caution or rip off?
-
Strange knocking sound
Did you look at inner and outer CV joints?