Skip to content

26DIPP

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 26DIPP

  1. Hello, I want to change the brake discs on a 2020 Kamiq. I do not have the Skoda /erWin brake system document. I saw a Scala PDF but it does not state to cover the Kamiq. Does anyone happen to have any brake maintenance document?
  2. Did you reverse all your codings inStg19 or is the camera recognised without controller?
  3. I was looking at the Aliexpress RVC retrofit. Where did you route the wires through? Did you push them under the roof lining or go down d-pillar and through door sill trims?
  4. This is great!!! Does anyone have a link to the braking system. I want to change brake discs on a 1.0TSI.
  5. Thank you for the links. I tried to log into my old erWin account and found that they stopped this for the Joe Bloggs.... Should I pretend I am a company and invent a VAT number? Was this a loss maker for VAG? Surely not.
  6. Where do people get manuals from now since ERWIN has closed the doors to normal people, i.e. the owner. Business accounts seem to exist.
  7. Lane assist is an assistant that kicks in when the car is likely to overshoot the marked lane and get you back, so you will be going from edge to edge in wavy lines.
  8. Hello, I am new to Kamiqs. My daughter has just bought a used 2020 SEL manual. I have a few questions driving a SIII and her owning a FII. Does the Kamiq SEL not have ACC as standard? I test drove hers and only saw CC. The car does have front assist, lane assist and blind spot warning, so quite a few systems. If I could not see the ACC, can it be coded in? Also does the Kamiq use the same mirrors as the SIII? They look identical. I am asking because this Kamiq has autodimming mirrors inside and for the driver, BUT not on the passenger side. This was the same on my SIII. I retrofitted an autodimming mirror on the passenger side. Are there any threads for coding options for the Kamiq?
  9. When we were driving on the french motorway the sat nav was working o.k. On french N-roads / country roads the matrix lights shade the oncoming traffic though. I am sure Skoda programming simply does not cut the beam to the left when on motorways and the camera might not see the oncoming lights because of the central barrier. I wonder how a LHD car with matrix LED lights and HBA on behaves on UK motorways.
  10. If the oil warning came on when driving I have stopped at the next petrol station or supermarket and I have been in the situation where I could not get the exact oil, so chose the next best. In the case of Ford and Stelantis - Renault, Vauxhall - this apparently can be enough to damage wet belts. This kind of illegal.
  11. I have just discovered that my EA288 engine in our 2023 SIII, a DTUA, is a wet belt engine with the belt running inside the engine to drive the oil pump. I have been telling my children when they looked for cars or anyone who would listen to stay away from the wet belts..... And I am driving one. I never saw this discussed anywhere in a forum. The old EA189 was using a chain. I also discovered that there is a conversion to change to a chain. So no illegal oil. And I have to fill up oil as this wretched engine uses oil in between regular changes. Skoda put me on a 18000M extended interval at the last service. That will also go down to a modest 10000 miles maximum.
  12. In my fuse diagram side lights left is fuse 17 and right 18. The left side light fuse also supplies the number plate light.
  13. Hello, Back from the car. I only found a NJ - FIII - description video online. On the FII I did the following. Unclip ALL connections inside the tailgate - high brake light, wiper, heated screen, lock, washer connection. Unclip all securing clips. One is hidden behind the high brake light between the skins of the tailgate going to the right connection of the heated screen. Pull the wires back. Disconnect the struts. Unbolt the tailgate - 4 10mm bolts. Job done. And all this because my daughter wants to fix the horrible lacquer peel.
  14. Hello, I want to remove the tailgate on a 2009 FII. The manual only states to undo the hinge bolts and "disconnect" the connections. I removed the rubber boot both ends expecting some kind of clip..... Nothing Has anyone removed the tailgate and found a good place to disconnect the cables and the rear screen wash?
  15. Which tailgate module do you have? Skoda has used different ones.
  16. Hi, I will attach some pictures of the VW BCM. I cannot compare this at present because the old BCM is still in the car until another replacement arrives.
  17. Hello Pete, I will take some pictures tomorrow.
  18. Hello Pete, Thanks for the offer. I have already ordered a replacement BCM off Ebay, this time a Skoda one. I would be interested in the wiring / pin out of the Fox BCM out of couriosity though.
  19. This is an update on the reverse display of the fuel gauge. Today I changed the BCMs - replacement out and an old one I still had but with no functioning wipers in. I took pictures... Reverse display Correct display As you can see on the clock they are 30 minutes apart. The BCMs have the exact same PN and nearly the same age. The biggest difference is that the BCM I bought as a replacement for the failed one came from a VW Fox from 2009, so the same year as my daughter's FII. I need to find some pin outs for a 6Q1937049F BCM for a Fox. I have been checking the FII pin outs and nothing indicated that there is any connection to the fuel gauge. Maybe the FL ones do but they are a complete new design. I had started to make plans to replace the complete electrics from dashboard, ignition barrel, door lock, keys... So, the Fox must be using a different wiring with the same PN.
  20. With this setting you can also reduce the screen to headlight ratio to 1:1 and you decide when headlights get washed by a longer pull action.
  21. Oh, when I had the car "new" and wanted to do some coding to the headlights I am sure I was told I could not because of the different controllers - 55 to 4B - and some options had disappeared from 9 too. I wanted to code whiskers / eye lashes and other bits.
  22. Do you have the permanent eyelashes? If not it is the 4B multi function module with D6 and D7 light controllers. Not much to code in them.
  23. You can increase the response time for the headlight washers to 1.5 or 2 seconds. That means you will only get a headlight wash when you hold the stork longer.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.