Everything posted by nickytheshaft
-
FIRST CAR - ADVICE NEEDED
From what you say, I would go for the 1.4l engine. You will have good mileage. With the 2.0, get between 7.1 and 8.5 at 130 km/h and do 600km on a full tank
-
Carlinkit - AA \ Carplay Wireless dongle
In deed.... Never happened with my dongle. As happysam said, at times it forgets to connect but just select the dongle on your phone and tada good to Go.
-
Carlinkit - AA \ Carplay Wireless dongle
I thinks carlinkit has some sort of software running compared to the other dongles that just link the car to the phone. They use the car Bluetooth.
-
Carlinkit - AA \ Carplay Wireless dongle
Glad you still enjoy it. These Chinese gadgets get quite good now
-
Carlinkit - AA \ Carplay Wireless dongle
Carlinkit is overhyped. I have been using this cheapo AA wireless dongle for over a year with no issues at all : https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005006128419504.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.208.37605e5bNESMdb&gatewayAdapt=glo2fra You can find the same type that does AA+CP https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005007498201058.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.main.9.6dc01ba90J4Pul&algo_pvid=84fe252b-b4fe-42a6-928a-d8a312684c60&algo_exp_id=84fe252b-b4fe-42a6-928a-d8a312684c60-4&pdp_npi=4%40dis!EUR!20.72!16.49!!!154.99!123.34!%40211b441e17332294613595475e385b!12000041031590141!sea!FR!914286551!X&curPageLogUid=PndmE8bzKUb8&utparam-url=scene%3Asearch|query_from%3A and many more on ALI. I have an MIB2 up to date and no issues what so ever
-
Should I stay or should I go?
Same for me. 2014 tsi rs baught new and zéro problems. The parking radar tend to come up on traffic jams when the cars are way ahead or behind. Besides that, 100.000km and no problems
-
Apple CarPlay with ios18 / iPhone 15
Go wireless with a dongle, all the cable problems will be solved
-
Squeeky window
Hello, For the last past 2 weeks, one of my rear windows has started squeezing really bad. I tried silicon grease on the sides but it didn't arrange anything. Anyone has an Idea how to fix it? Thanks 20240828_123455.mp4
-
Advice on tyres
I went with Goodyear eagles, very good grip, comfort and fuel efficient
-
(Android) head unit replacement for 2014 Octavia
Hello, This has being discussed multiple times. All the android head units will give you headaches. Most annoying us horrible call quality. Go foe the mib2 upgrade with a wireless android auto dongle and you will be good to go. It is more expensive but worth it. I went through 3 Android units before upgrading to mib2
-
Upgrading the screen to a new model screen with android auto
Hi, hook up with @pab567 Send him your vin and he will make it happen and give you all the details. You can trust him, I went through him for my mib upgrade
-
Experience of andoird head units vs OEM upgrade
These egr suck big time. This and the particle filters are part if the reason I always stay petrol. The 2.0 tsi is surprisingly economical on the highway. I just did 670km and had a few liters left.
-
Experience of andoird head units vs OEM upgrade
Direct answer, don’t go the Android head unit or box route. Upgrade to official skoda unit with the help of @pab567. Send him your vin number and he will make it happen
-
Help needed
They are seperate volume controls. What i do us press the mute button in the radio. Radio volume goes off but satnav or Android auto stilll work
-
Did I Locked My Keys In The Car!?
I thought it was impossible to lock the car with the key inside. When I forget mine it refuses to lock. I have kessy on a 2014 vrs
-
Head unit help please
Hello, it seems you have the latest firmware. You unit is most likely an Amundsen mib1. You will not be getting any recent maps on this unit, skoda stopped updating them about 5 years ago. For the radio logos, I can't tell, I think it should be automatic.
-
Canbus
I got mine from @pab567 Send him yoir vin number by pm and he will fix you right
-
Canbus
I thought the same, wasted money on android units then went for the mib update. Worth every penny. You keep all the car features, oddly minus footwell light management. But all the reste is heer plus AA and CP. Most important good phone call quality. On the android units, phone calls are impossible because it is so bad
-
Canbus
I use a Bluetooth odbê scanner on my Android phone that works. Most of these Android head units do not allow you to use the Bluetooth odb2 reader on theme.
-
Canbus
Ok, do first things first, the Android head unit is a bad route to take. I have been there and back. The canbus module they provide will give you limited actions. Basically it will display parking sensors, reverse cam, let you choose the driving mode (and sometimes display it on the screens), let you retain steering wheel control and.... That is about it. You will not have any car diag reading. I tried several units from different brands and they all work the same way.
-
Adding Wireless Android Auto via Motorola Dongle
Ha ha, good for the winter.... Better take it out as it uses the phone gps
-
Infotainment update
Check with @pab567
-
Adding Wireless Android Auto via Motorola Dongle
Good to hear. Enjoy your wire free life 😁
-
Adding Wireless Android Auto via Motorola Dongle
It will be fine, juste check if the firmware needs updating and you are good to go. Everything is well explained on the leaflet in the box
-
Adding Wireless Android Auto via Motorola Dongle
You don't need such an expensive dongle, go for an AliExpress one and you will be fine. I have being using this one (the usb stick format) since December and it is flawess https://a.aliexpress.com/_Eza2D8R The usb port shuts off shortly after you lock the car so no drain there