Everything posted by Warrior193
-
A/C fan boost when selecting reverse gear.
Which means that mine is inoperative for some reason. Hymmm.
-
Breather pipe connection to rocker cover broken
I think the broken-off hose barb (smaller) part will just be inside the small hose.
-
A/C fan boost when selecting reverse gear.
Interesting, my Octavia (MY16) doesn't appear to have this feature - I assume this was introduced later.
-
Name your favourite addition / accessory to your wagon
That's one reason - it also gives storage space underneath for a lot of things like roof bars, tow rope, tie-down straps etc.
-
A/C fan boost when selecting reverse gear.
Hello, have not noticed this before, but while driving SWMBOs Fabia today, the fan appears to boost to max. when selecting reverse - A/C was on, with fan set to approx. 50% - can anyone explain the reason for this? I've not noticed this feature in my Octavia.
-
My second car I owned many years ago, fond memories.
Generally, apart from the GM Holdens and the Ford Falcons, NZ just imported English models - My first car was an Austin A40 Cambridge - identical to the A50, apart from the smaller engine.
-
My second car I owned many years ago, fond memories.
Wow, I'm pretty sure I've never seen one of those - the 105E was very popular in NZ, my cousin used to race one, and there was even a Jag-engined one regularly raced as a stock car at Te Marua.
-
Immobilizer activated after idiot broke my key - 2008 Octavia
My understanding from the OP was that the issue was the IGNITION lock sticking - not the door - I assume that the ignition lock was the part replaced - is this correct?
-
Question about Ac
Hello KW, welcome to the forum. I advise caution - AFAIK, the compressor lubricating oil is entrained with the refrigerant, therefore no refrigerant = possibly no oil.
-
Coolant and pressure problem
Hello John, as Gammyleg says, more information required re. any recent work - but that sounds a little like an air-lock in the cooling system.
-
State of Charge.
My understanding is that the battery SOC function was disabled around 2015 - my MY16 Octavia just displays SOC----% when I attempt to read it.
-
Battery problem again
Of course the elephant in the room is the smart charging system - the system will attempt to recover energy by using regenerative charging as a default, you may not see the alternator kicking in in some circumstances unless you are recording battery state over a reasonable period.
-
Battery problem again
Yes, it is possible that the old battery had a fault that was triggering the alternator in an attempt to charge it - but keep an eye (and monitor battery condition) because the alternator should start charging at some point. If it doesn't, it suggests that there is another fault in the charging system.
-
Wheel spacer and later issue with bearing etc...
Hello, it depends on how far the wheels are pushed out by the spacers - and the original offset (ET) If pushed out too far, there will be a significant increase in the leverage exerted against the bearing, probably resulting in increased wear. It has been a very long time since I messed around with axles and wheel bearings - can anyone tell me if the wheel bearings are ball or tapered rollers nowadays?
-
the truth about electric cars
Only charging to 80% is probably better for extending the life of the battery pack - but not going to help their achievable range.
-
NEED REPLACEMENT KEY AND CODING
@J.R. - I was referring to safe or legitimate options. Timpsons quoted me around £130 a few years ago, but it meant travelling to another branch.
-
NEED REPLACEMENT KEY AND CODING
Hello Geoff, AFAIK there are only two options available to you - Stealer or some branches of Timpsons.
-
Exhaus sensor pipe blocked off
Hello Barbara, welcome to the forum. Have you asked your mechanic why that was done?
-
LED Replacement Warning
And very likely a lot of uncontrolled light scatter directed into the eyes of drivers coming towards you.
-
Battery problem again
^^^^ Agree with above - even if the drain of the camera is only milliamps while left plugged in, it appears that this constant, unexpected load prevents other vehicle systems from entering 'sleep mode' when shut down, resulting in a significantly greater drain on the battery, than just from the dash cam.
-
Karoq Boot Liner
Hello, the inexpensive one I bought for SWMBOs Fabia was not a good fit, so your guess is most likely correct. I eventually got her one of the 'Boot Bag' type - eye-wateringly expensive - but a perfect fit.
-
Octavia MK3 - very little airflow from vents
The pollen filter is supposed to be changed at certain service intervals (IIRC, 3 years?) Despite my using Skoda Dealer workshops for at least the 1st 5 years servicing, they never even checked it! Better to just change it yourself and inform whoever is carrying out servicing that it's not required - same goes for engine air filter.
-
Error Workshop
Hello, welcome to the forum. That is most likely to be a fault with the DSG lever position micro switch. Issue is pretty widely covered on this forum if you do a keyword search.
-
Will 16" Velorum 5 Spoke alloys fit Octavia III estate?
Hello Ricco, welcome to the forum. I'm practically certain they will fit - I have very similar size on my Mk3. To confirm this, I suggest putting your data into 'Will they fit' online.
-
Infotainment id
Hello Phil, welcome to the forum. I think that is a Amundsen Bolero MIB1 - you can get all the infotainment information on display by going into the settings.