Everything posted by Warrior193
-
Difficulty shifting from 1st to 2nd only when moving
Because of the way 1 to 2 and 5 to 6 gates are biased, you do need to maintain very slight left or right pressure on the stick to align those gates correctly, as the stick is weighted towards middle gate.
-
How much likely damage from driving with faulty thermostat for 70 thousand miles?
Is the 26 psi you quote the maximum difference across all cylinders?
-
Difficulty shifting from 1st to 2nd only when moving
It does sound to me that you have a fault with your gearbox.
-
Difficulty shifting from 1st to 2nd only when moving
Hello, never experienced any 'baulking' between 1st and 2nd in either of our M6 boxes. I do notice some slight added resistance from the synchro's if changing down to 1st in the Octavia on the move, but not something I would call excessive baulking - and not something often required, even on lowly 1.4. Will operate marginally faster with double de-clutch on down-shift though.
-
How much likely damage from driving with faulty thermostat for 70 thousand miles?
Hello, assuming this is a diesel, your engine could have suffered significant damage and excess wear if it has been running significantly under temperature for over two years. How many annual miles do you run? How frequently has the engine oil been changed? How often is it currently running a DPF regen?
-
Remote Central Locking
Warrior193 replied to TrentBarton's topic in Skoda Favorit, Skoda Felicia, Skoda Fun and Skoda FormanLooking at the key you pictured, I'd say the press-button is to simply shine a light for locating the keyhole in the dark.
-
Snappe Wheel Bolts
Hello, welcome to the forum. Are the affected bolts snapping while driving - or do they seize-up in use and break when you attempt to remove them? Are the longer bolts used from a reputable supplier - are they being tightened to the correct torque? Do you use anything to lubricate them when fitting? Apart from ease of mounting a wheel, there would be absolutely no difference between bolts and studs with respect to risk of breakage.
-
Speed Alert
Especially when you consider that "New Road Layout Ahead" signage usually stays in position for years after a relatively minor change to layout.
-
Ignition Key vs Fob
Very unlikely to affect a proper RFID key - which, I have to say, does not appear to be what you have pictured.
-
timing belt renewal, 2016.
Hello Jim, welcome to the forum. Are you aware that Skoda UK no longer state 5 year replacement intervals for cambelts?
-
Kangaroo, Start/Stop & Fuel Economy - Am I going mad?
I can't speak for the 1.5TSI, but I consistently see approx. 2 to 3% calculated better economy when I use E5 in my 1.4 - glad to have dodged the 1.5 bullet.
-
Rear Wiper and Start/Stop
There are quite a few parameters that inhibit automatic idle stop/start - very likely irregular engine speed from incorrect valve timing will do it. You are extremely lucky that your so-called mechanic didn't cause some serious damage!
-
Kangaroo, Start/Stop & Fuel Economy - Am I going mad?
Age of battery can often be determined from 4 number code stamped into the top of the battery negative terminal (WWYY) E.g. code 3519 is week 35 2019.
-
SKODA SUPERB SPORTLINE 2.0 tdi TENSIONER
I read the post as saying - original tensioner failed, then the replacement tensioner failed within a week - Is that correct @Dannh ?
-
SKODA SUPERB SPORTLINE 2.0 tdi TENSIONER
Were the camshafts checked, could they be seized?
-
Disconnecting battery while on holiday
Is this for LH drive with the hood release on the drivers side?
-
rear wiper stopped working
I assume that you have tested the fuse? You could try using a pin (to connect test meter) piercing the wire insulation near the connector to test for 12 volts, this would also serve to prove the column switch.
-
rear wiper stopped working
The other two wiper connections will be for the park position switch (allowing the wiper arm to return to park position at switch off) I'd suggest checking continuity of all connections on the connector plug.
-
VRS Estate MPG/Fuel Economy
That is a surprising level of error for the fuel computer - my indicated use when compared against actual calculated use is usually around 2 to 3 MPG lower (computer reads optimistic)
-
Rear Wiper and Start/Stop
Geeze, I hope not!
-
Need advice on appropriate service intervals for Skoda Octavia MK3
That is incorrect - seriously consider using a service provider that knows these vehicles!
-
Yet Another Water Pump Leaking
^^^^ The seal I was referring to was the drive shaft one - or is this for an electric pump?
-
Towing Auto Citigo
As the DSG is actually an automated manual gearbox - not a TC automatic, I don't see any reason why it cannot be towed, provided neutral gear can be selected.
-
Yet Another Water Pump Leaking
Hello Paul, welcome to the forum. Certainly worth a try, do the pump seals and bearings look OK? Simply fitting a new pump without addressing the seal face would probably not work anyway.
-
Short to ground front airbag switch.
Hello, welcome to the forum. Are you aware that airbag faults are the latching type? - meaning that even if the original fault that caused the fault code has been fixed, the code will remain until it is cleared by using a device capable of doing this.