Everything posted by Warrior193
-
the truth about electric cars
Yes, electricity meters can go out of calibration - utility providers normally have a set schedule for replacing meters, usually on a time basis. A user may request a meter to be tested if they believe it not to be accurate.
-
SKODA FELICIA 1.6, General questions and fixes (help me pls)
Warrior193 replied to Felicia98noob's topic in Skoda Favorit, Skoda Felicia, Skoda Fun and Skoda FormanLooks like a bodge to me, I wonder if someone had previously wired-in an override switch to that loom.
-
the truth about electric cars
I would assume standard Kwhr "smart" meters.
-
the truth about electric cars
I may have missed it while reading through that - but I did not see any reference to periodic testing for energy metering accuracy - as is the case with liquid fuels.
-
Fuel Cap Hiss
Completely normal, nothing to worry about.
-
crank shaft sensor
Good morning, welcome to the forum. It would greatly help members if you say what engine you have - Petrol or Diesel - and preferably engine prefix ( 3 or 4 letter prefix of engine number)
-
Can Parking assists cause transmission system (manual) malfunction?
Reverse gear on a M6 gearbox is left from neutral, through the gate stop, then forward (same direction as 1st gear position) therefore is possible that OP is pressing down on stick and actually selecting reverse instead of first. Or the reverse gate stop is faulty and is allowing stick to be pushed straight across into reverse gate without first having to press down on stick. Suggest selecting all gears in turn to check that reverse gate stop functions correctly.
-
Head unit upgraded but no audio.
Hello, I believe these infotainment units have component protection - which means they cannot be used in a different vehicle without them being unlocked, was this done?
-
Boot light problem
Flyback diode was the term I couldn't recall when I first responded to your message. Perhaps it's there to limit ripple.
-
Key in Water for 24 hours
Suggest giving it another wash out in pure alcohol after removing battery, then gently dry.
-
Boot light problem
Are you sure it's a diode? That arrangement may be to slightly reduce the voltage to the lamp using the forward voltage - these are more often seen on a coil connection to prevent inductive surge on de-energising. Are you able to test for continuity in either direction?
-
Octavia Mk3 VRS TDI Oil leak problem
Is this oil leakage from the camshaft cover gasket - or the cylinder head gasket?
-
Power Mirror Retrofit
It would be fairly reasonable to think that it would be cheaper to have a level of commonality in components like wiring looms, so it is possible that wiring is already in place - although I have seen references for having to run cabling for retro-fitted reversing cameras, so may not always be the case.
-
odd rear middle seat backrest shape
That looks like space for the LH hinge of the ski hatch.
-
Combi Boot Release
Is your Superb KESSY, or does it use a standard 3-button remote fob? If 3-button fob, does the handle release the tailgate when that button is pressed?
-
Combi Boot Release
On the assumption that the Superb tailgate operation is similar to the Octavia, yes the handle should release it when vehicle is unlocked.
-
14" steel wheel = seat Ibiza or a golf
If the Ibiza or Golf are similar years to the Octavia, pretty sure to be same.
-
Did I Locked My Keys In The Car!?
If this is for the manual key-fob type, the car should not automatically lock after approx. 40 seconds if any of the doors (or tailgate) have been opened - not sure about KESSY.
-
Normal startup noise 2016 EA888 2.0 Video included
That sounds pretty 'rattly' to me for a TSI. What is the mileage, Is there any record of timing chain and tensioner replacement?
-
14" steel wheel = seat Ibiza or a golf
Good morning Ewan, probably will but it depends on the bolt PCD and the centre bore size - there are two sizes.
-
Air con not engaging
I see that there is a reference to rating of 12 volts - is there an electrical connector on the compressor? If there is, it will be supply for clutch or solenoid valve feed - check that this is being fed when A/C engaged.
-
Help, Kamiq oil temperature 140C !
Unless the oil level sensor is a dual one, which I think may be unlikely, that may not resolve the issue. I'd have thought a temperature sensor would be positioned lower down than a level sensor.
-
Air con not engaging
Does your AC system have a clutch on the drive pulley?
-
Fabia III 1.4 TDI (CUSB) cranks but won't start
One question on the parts list (+ cambelt) - isn't the HPFP driven directly off the camshaft?
-
Headlight ballast needs replacing
Behind the dial on the dash as far as I know - it's the body of the switch. I believe I have seen reference to removal for checking being fairly easy, not done it myself though.