Skip to content

Warrior193

FREEDOM
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Warrior193

  1. What will you do when it fails the MOT and you are unable to drive it?
  2. ^^^ for the Mk3, but I wasn't sure if that was the case for Mk2 AC system.
  3. 1.4, 150 TSI, CZDA. Thinking about getting replacement set of plugs shortly, favouring NGK over Bosch from long past experiences. Looking at NGK PKER 7A8EGS / PZKER 7A8EGS - or alternative (possible upgrade?) IKER 7A8EGS. It appears that the upgrade? IKER has two side electrodes, and presumably iridium centre electrode. Does anyone here have recommendations or suggestions? Thanks.
  4. One issue with the ice scraper location is that the fuel flap can freeze shut in severe icy conditions - good idea to have a spare in the cabin.
  5. Was the replacement battery correctly adapted (coded) to the vehicle when it was replaced? Have you checked battery SOC?
  6. That is most likely because the sensors are not working!
  7. According to Parkers, the 2014 Octavia Elegance is fitted with parking sensors - if yours are not operating and you want them to, I suggest taking your car to someone competent to find out what is wrong and fix them.
  8. The reversing sensors do not require a separate switch - they operate when reverse gear is selected (and the display shows on the centre screen)
  9. To avoid issues caused by air locks in the cooling system, I understand that, as a minimum, vacuum filling is required.
  10. No, just your stealer trying it on with an upsell. In fact I'm pretty sure I've seen VAG advice to not do engine flushes when carrying out oil changes unless change periods have been neglected.
  11. It was the Trout I was asking about, used to spend all our Christmas holidays at Motuoapa when I was was a kid.
  12. Hello, welcome to the forum. Does your system have a CD slot? I believe some older navigation systems use a CD to load map updates.
  13. Gidday Matt, welcome to the forum. How's the fishing?
  14. Hi, you can fit a OBD port lock if you think the possibility of theft is high enough to warrant it. Not sure clone key obtained via VIN will get them past the immobiliser, can anyone confirm?
  15. Did you check battery condition first? If your battery is original, quite possible that it is starting to fail - in which case there is the possibility that it may fail this winter.
  16. Can you confirm the engine model - is it, as I think, the 1.9 PD? Engine code is listed as a series of letters in front of the engine number on your V5 document, it may also be listed as a 3 or 4 letter code on the B pillar plate. I have seen references for method of freeing-up stuck vanes - although not sure if that is something a dealer is willing to try. A turbo specialist might.
  17. That sounds to me as if the clutch is 'grabbing'. This could possibly indicate some sort of contamination on the pressure plate or lining. If you haven't already done so, I'd suggest having a dealer technician take a drive in it.
  18. How does clutch feel as you move from standstill in 1st gear?
  19. Hello, welcome to the forum. I'm wondering if the original fault was the variable vanes being jammed in the turbo - not the actuator itself. I'd suggest asking whoever is currently working on vehicle for full findings of fault investigations.
  20. Good morning Richard, welcome to the forum. From your reference to a clutch, presume this is M6 gearbox - if so, does the 'bite point' seem to be normal - or is it higher or lower than you would expect? What is it like moving off from standstill in 1st gear?
  21. Their stated 'Terms and Conditions' cannot override the provisions of the Consumer Rights Act 2015. Glad to see that you have contacted Citizens Advice.
  22. Were you advised of excessive oil use at time of sale? My understanding is that original seller is still responsible regardless of 3rd party warranty. If both warranty provider 😒 and dealer refuse to accept fault, my suggestion is to take it up with Consumer Advice.
  23. Hi Cat, welcome to the forum. Is this a runner?

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.