Skip to content

Prezafab

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Prezafab

  1. My other half agrees. Could have had a used Karoq or Tiguan in February, but she demanded another Yeti ! I travelled 4 hours each way to get a 2018 one for her ! There's no reason why your car won't go on 'forever' or as long as you want it to.
  2. I liked the Vectors on our last Yeti, and have Cross Climate 2 on our Audi, so it will come down to best cost in 3 months time, I think. I've reduced the tyre pressures a bit but we live with rubbish estate and local roads.
  3. You're probably right. I had a very stiffly sprung Volvo V60 diesel hybrid for a couple of years and that was very susceptible to tyre pressures and weight. It rode better with 4 people in it. However, the ride on poor surfaces spoiled the car and after much research, I ended up gambling and buying some (never heard of before!) Debica Presto tyres made by Goodyear, rather than my usual Michelin Cross Climates. It rode "20%" better. Softer sidewalls made a difference.
  4. Jan 18. 58,000 miles. We replaced the suspension at 96k on our last one. It's definitely a tyre thing.
  5. New Falkens on the rear when we bought the car 4 months ago. I like Cross Climates which is my go to plan for the Autumn, or Goodyear Vectors which We've had before. Just wondering if anyone's found anything more comfortable for 17s ?
  6. I had a long couple of drives yesterday - one with the seats out and the rear loaded with plastic storage containers full of household stuff like glassware and pottery. I could hear and feel every bump and shock that was coming through the rear suspension. The suspension is normal, firm Yeti, so it must be tyres - it has new Falkens on the rear from when we bought it, and Cross Climates on the front. The plan was to fit 4 x matching All Seasons in the autumn, but I'm open-minded now if someone has found really, very comfortable tyres for the Yeti? Any recommendations ?
  7. Have a look at ebay UK and see what the cost to post is ? I know they don't weigh much ! Actually there's a Skoda spares company in Czech who I've used who are very good?
  8. I know you are in Australia but eBay has good used ones here for £15 /$30 ?
  9. Coincidentally, I was looking on YouTube yesterday and a 1973 Thames TV feature popped up on the new Reliant Robin. At the end he took it on track and it was so easy to pitch it almost on its side at low speed, and he wasn't doing a Top Gear type stunt.They mentioned pot holes and crosswinds being a particular issue!
  10. For what it's worth, our 2017 with 58k is more 'grumbly' at low speeds than our 2015 with 100k was. But, economy is better and it drives well.
  11. That's Exactly what I was thinking! (On both counts)
  12. I don't get the £1800 as DM Keith Skoda quoted us £1000 in February? Even so I agree, £569 with a new water pump for us (or £499 for the other person) and that garage is making a profit !
  13. Try A&A motors in Hull - they update the Skoda service record for you and have courtesy cars. Our was done in February for £560 including the water pump (2.0 diesel) .They have done work on all our Audis and Skodas since we moved here. They have an ex Skoda master tech. Not sure where the £1800 - we were quoted £1000 by them and the one in York.
  14. Have now filed for Bankruptcy in the US, as expected. I still think someone (not me!) who takes a chance On paying low £20k's for a new software, long range 570bhp model and avoids having a bump while they own it, will have a great car !
  15. I remember Audi (in Germany) giving lots of warnings about bio diesel when used cooking oil was becoming a thing. I'm sure the current stuff is less of a risk, but you just don't know the impact of regular use ?
  16. You're not going to get much in writing from a dealer, and even if you did, you would have zero comeback with an 8 year old car. I wouldn't bother.
  17. An update from me ! Replaced the screen digitizer myself , using the YouTube instructions and an eBay UK seller part. I would put my diy skills at about a 6/10 (maybe a 7 on cars!) and it's working a treat ! No dead spots. Definitely worth attempting for £23.
  18. My point about finance and insurance wasn't about the generation of spare parts, but more about their stance if there is a lack of them? In the US there is a Fisker case where because they couldn't get a door part after several months, the insurer decided to write it off. Would this happen here or would the insurer just wriggle out of it ? Similarly, if your Fisker is on finance, are you on your own if the car's software / motor/ batteries fail and the supplying garage that brokered the finance also couldn't fix or source parts ? On the car itself, I know it's more Kodiaq than Yeti, but that top spec one is brilliant / terrible value !
  19. Yes, I'm not in a position to do it, but it got me thinking about finance and insurance. IF you bought one on a PCP with a very small deposit, and either you bump the car or another, non-bodywork part cannot be sourced, does your finance or insurance cover the fact that you cannot drive the car any more ? There's a case in the US where a Fisker was written off after 6 months because of that.
  20. Fisker is known to be about to go bankrupt with zero service & parts backup, but there are some UK bargains:- Example:- https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202405119605552?sort=price-desc&advertising-location=at_cars&make=Fisker&postcode=Ng24dp&year-to=2024&fromsra The shorter range ones are £26k, but these twin motor ones are 4WD, 570bhp, 440 miles range (maybe 350 true), 0-60 in under 4 seconds and are fully loaded at £32k with nominal mileage. If you could guarantee being able to get parts and software updates, I'd have one. But you can't ! Damn.
  21. Thanks. I dug out my Dremmel type thing and it's come up all shiny !
  22. Do you know what the silver cylinder next to the oil cap is? A family member has a 1.2 TSi and it's gone really pitted with surface rust. Any recommendations for getting it back to shiny like in the picture ? (Its a textured surface so I don't want to rub the surface down)
  23. I just looked myself as ours has a deadzone - Navitex seems to be recommended, but not sure about which screens they do.I For our 2017 model there's a good video on YouTube to replace the screen yourself for £25 with just screwdrivers - no soldering or anything. Maybe the Bolero is similar to fix ?
  24. Prezafab replied to Brijo's topic in Skoda Yeti
    I actually think now is the time to buy one of the last ones (17/67/18 plates) with moderate mileage. Or if you already have a good one, have it spruced up and keep it - what's to lose - parts will be available for years and they don't suddenly become unreliable. My other half's is a keeper in the spec she wanted, despite looking first at Karoq, Tiguan etc for similar money. Yes it's feeling it's age in some ways in comparison (the ride in particular), but it has that easy-going familiarity about it and is the right size and shape. It handles and steers almost too well in 4x4 guise.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.