Everything posted by DieselMonte
-
Injector fuse keeps blowing
Should note that I can hear the in-tank pump priming. So far as I can tell I have power to the injectors now too.
-
Injector fuse keeps blowing
Progress! Found the wire that ran from the fusebox, traced it to a point and as a test ran my own wire around to see if that fixed it. It did, and that fuse no longer blows. However, It still won't fire. Pulled codes again, found one for the high pressure fuel pump. Pulled the fuse for it and it is blown too. Replaced fuse, twisted ignition and it popped. Hoping it's ""just"" shorted itself out too.
-
DieselMontes BarnFind Subaru Justy
-
DieselMontes BarnFind Subaru Justy
It's a small metal pipe going from the tank to the filter with a rubber hose connecting the 2. Do have a suspicion about it being blocked. Fairly confident this filter did its job and caught any debris. Tried to blow through it and it was blocked almost solid. Will order yet another filter tomorrow. And get some small jubilee clips somewhere so I can mount a secondary filter just before the carb.
-
DieselMontes BarnFind Subaru Justy
Well that didn't last long Hopped in it today, got to the bottom of my hill and it ran like absolute ****. Bad enough that I couldn't take it to work as planned. Dropped the fuel filter on advise from someone and... Already clogged. Thankfully I have a spare on hand and it is an easy job. This is what came out of the filter. Plenty of fresh fuel in it. May need to drop the tank sooner rather than later. Seems otherwise fine happily. My guess is that a chunk of gunk got into it this morning and caused it to run like ****. It ran beautiful just last night.
-
DieselMontes BarnFind Subaru Justy
Had the carb off this evening for hopefully the final time. Found the High idle problem, one of the springs that holds it closed wasn't seated right. Also checked the idle screw and set it to what was recommended on old forum posts. 5 and 5/8 turns from lightly seated. Had it out driving and it's finally running decent. NCT next Saturday. Since the Monte is temporarily out of action and I couldn't get the vrs sorted it seems like I'll be relying on this to get into work and back this week.
-
Injector fuse keeps blowing
It's a good start Murdock, If a loom isn't silly money I may get one and see if that works.
-
Injector fuse keeps blowing
Hi all, After 40k miles of driving my cars finally broke down. I wasn't the one driving it at the time unfortunately. Did pull codes and this is all that came up. It also keeps blowing the fuse for the injectors. Thought the wiring for my spots would be to blame, causing a short but so far as I can see the wiring for them is OK. I'm still thinking wiring short though. Would anyone have any advice on what to do next. Definitely something I'll have to have a garage sort but hoping I can atleast narrow down before I send it off. Thanks.
-
DieselMonte's 2012 Monte Carlo Project. (175hp 6 speed swapped)
Not a good few days. Had this in for NCT Saturday (today). Been busting myself the last few weeks getting this ready for test. Bought new undertrays, fixed a sticky rear caliper Took my rarb and brace off, as they would have made me get an engineers cert if I kept them on. 2 more pilot sports. And then on Thursday... It broke. I wasn't the one driving it. Pulled codes and it's got a lot of them And it keeps blowing the fuse for the injectors. Did eventually get back to the farm so it's safe atleast. Over 40k miles of abuse so probably shouldn't be too upset. Did worry it was the wiring to my spots or something else that had shorted but so far as I can tell my wirings fine. Think it's electrical more than the injectors themselves being bad. Don't doubt it's something I've caused though. I think I was asking for this busting myself to get this and the justy ready for nct. Logbooks come through for the vrs finally so gonna try get it sorted so I can use it for the week until the justy gets nct'd.
-
Skoda Fabia 2 facelift Gear Lever mechanism
Get a trim tool (or flat screwdriver if you're brave) and slip it between the centre console and gaiter. Should prise up. Be careful if you're rough you might break it.
-
Skoda Fabia 2 facelift Gear Lever mechanism
If its the same as my one then you just twist that little locking mechanism and it all comes off.
-
Lofty's Sprint Yellow Fabia vRS Mk1 - "Project Daffodil"
I think you'd be surprised at how rough a lot of them have gotten.
-
DieselMontes BarnFind Subaru Justy
Not sure on it Jr Only screws on it that I can see are the idle mix and throttle screw. Didn't remove them from their spindles. The small butterfly is controlled by the cable and the big one opens on vacuum over a certain rpm. (Sounds like poor man's vTec when it kick in)
-
DieselMontes BarnFind Subaru Justy
Would high revs indicate its too rich then? On the one hand I'm happy it's getting there. On the other it's quite stressful trying to get 2 cars through test one after the other.
-
DieselMontes BarnFind Subaru Justy
Got that part figured out, dodgy vacuum line pulling open the big butterfly. Thanks for the replies though. Had it running since and its better in some aspects but worse in others. Think the idle mix screw is off now. Idling very high no matter what you do to the throttle screw. Even with the throttle cable off. Throttle cable itself is being very awkward too, can't get it tight enough now. Test is just over 2 weeks away and if that's not bad enough, I'm after getting a message saying the test for the white car is exactly the week before the justy.
-
DieselMontes BarnFind Subaru Justy
Carburetor has been rebuilt and it is back together but I've messed something up bad. Went to start it and it immediately tried to overrev. Wasn't sure what was going on so on advice of friends I took the top apart to check the float and all was moving free and set right, so far as I can tell its all OK. First video is what happens if you start it without Choke. Second video is what happens when you start it with choke. (Numbers are out of order, oops.) Took the carburettor off and checked the bottom gaskets incase there was a leak there, all seems well there too. I CAN get it to run and idle by pulling the vacuum for the second barrel. The second (big) barrel on this is operated on vacuum. Throttle cables been disconnected the whole time so the small barrel shouldn't be moving. This video shows it running with the second carb disconnected. I moved the second barrel by hand to see how it'd react. I think it's important to not that I can choke it out by covering the intake with my hands, makes me think there are no leaks where air is getting in. Last video I recorded in the middle of things, switched the ignition on and off to see if it would run for any length like that. Again, throttle off, no small child in the cabin pressing the throttle etc. Safe to say I'm pretty stumped at the minute. Definitely getting the impression it's something very simple and very stupid I've caused without realising.
-
DieselMontes BarnFind Subaru Justy
Carb Rebuild kit came in today so started on that. Carb came off fairly easy. Fuel bowls got some scuzz down it. All seemed pretty clean but the gaskets are dire. All apart tonight, soaking bits overnight to soften the muck. Might get it in one piece tomorrow evening.
-
DieselMontes BarnFind Subaru Justy
Yes and yes.
-
DieselMontes BarnFind Subaru Justy
According to the sticker on the bonnet, it's done cold. Even gives the proper clearances. Set timing today. Helped a lot. Carb Rebuild kit should be here tomorrow or Friday.
-
DieselMontes BarnFind Subaru Justy
New Coil arrived. Opted for a Lucas "Sport" coil. Swapped all over and threw the new one in and... It Fired right up. Timing is almost definitely off and there's quite a delay on the throttle, but just happy it's running again. Done just about everything I can now to give the best spark possible. Need to change the timing belt and set valve lash not sure which I should do first though. Might be worth getting this out to the farm and doing the rest of the work there. Is well on the way to being roadworthy. Been a nightmare getting a logbook for it but I'm not letting that stop me.
-
AnnoyingPentium's 2006 Fabia 1.2 12v Ambiente-ish
Base of the drivers on of mine was worn so I swapped em side to side. I know there are places that will "rebuild" the foam in car seats, know someone who had it done on a landcruiser, roughly 60 euro. The montes seat is pretty worn down on the bolster so I'll probably have it done.
-
AnnoyingPentium's 2006 Fabia 1.2 12v Ambiente-ish
Good choice on the seats Ryan, best seat put in any fabia.
-
DieselMontes BarnFind Subaru Justy
This justy is at my house not at the farm hence why I used a timing light, all I had at hand. I hadn't touched the coil before it died. I did change the plugs and clean up the contacts on the cap and rotor before however. Was driving it like that for a bit.
-
DieselMontes BarnFind Subaru Justy
Still no spark, fairly sure it's the coil gone bad since I can see its getting power, but there's nothing going out of it. Probably wouldn't be terribly hard especially given this is a fwd model, no 4wd gubbins in the way. Don't want to drop the tank especially now its got fuel in it. Fuel filter is doing its job seemingly. May install a second filter in the bay to see what **** it collects. Fair point They are literally just wedged in place for the purposes of taking a photo. Not got Around to wiring them in yet.
-
DieselMontes BarnFind Subaru Justy