Everything posted by Routemaster1461
-
Torn between skoda kamiq monte carlo and sel executive
I can manage without them, as I drive vintage PSVs. But they do make it much easier!
-
Torn between skoda kamiq monte carlo and sel executive
I would always go with a rear camera now, if available. I have one in both cars, one being our Karoq. It is in at present for an SOS system fault (diagnosed as a faulty aerial, so we have had a 22 reg Superb for several days. I'm quite surprised by the lack of equipment, one thing lacking is a rear camera, I didn't realise how much I rely on them until you drive a car without one.
-
"Your 5 Star Experience" - Hardly!
I had a 4 year old (non VAG) car MOTd this week. At 40,000 miles no issues on the brakes, 30% worn, but lipped and pitted discs. The front tyres are just over a year old but the rears are original. No issue on wear on either but the rears are 'age cracked'. I've given them a cursory inspection. Can see any issues at all. So I'll continue to make my own judgement.
-
Unexpected recall.
The car is in today. They want it until Monday, unless the update goes more quickly than they anticipate. I have a diesel DSG Superb loan car. The recall is someting to do with making an alteration in the manual, and confirming that it is done with Skoda. I'll post the change when I get the car back.
-
Unexpected recall.
I am aware that the updates may take a long time to download. I have a loan car booked for the day, and they are supposedly holding the car free for Monday, just in case.
-
Unexpected recall.
My car is in tomorrow for a software update after having the SOS fault. A reminder came through and amongst other things, there is a recall to deal with. Anyone got any idea what this could be?
-
Silica bag in header tank potential problem
I really don't understand this. Silica gel is used to remove moisture, so what on earth silica gel is supposed to do in a header tank full of water, I just don't understand.
-
Android Auto not working
If using a usb cable try disconnecting and reconnecting the cable. Then try another good quality cable. It could also be a faulty usb socket.
-
Daytime Running Lights with rear lights
'As above the only issue with this is by turning the sidelights on the DRL's then dim down to approx 50% brightness.' This isn't necessarily true. When this first came to my attention I tried my Karoq (Edition with LED lights) and the DRLKs do not dim when switching to sidelights. You do get the rear lights on, but unfortunately you have lost the auto function. The way DRLs and sidelights work differ with cars from the same manufacturer. One car I had, the DRLs dimmed as sidelights, and on our other car the DRLs go out and a separate pair of sidelights come on. In this case the rear lights are actually on with DRLs so the rears are on all the time.
-
Looking at moving from Superb to Kodiaq, after some feedback.
I had a C4 Picasso 6 years. It had massage seats as standard. I tried it out when it was new, but never used it again.
-
Extended warranty for Karoq
I have extended warranty to 5 years which I paid for when I bought the car. I am unaware of any need to have the car inspected at the end of the original three years. I have a PSA car. You can take out an extended warranty after 3 years, and every year until the mileage reaches 100,000 miles. But you must take out the extended warranty BEFORE the previous warranty expires. Jut be careful.
-
Karoq cam belt change - start saving now !
It is the consequence of failure that is the issue. Generally a failed wheel bearing will cause a little noise and possibly vibration and is easily fixed, but a failed cambelt is pretty likely to be catastrophic for the engine, which isn't easily ixed and will cost a fortune.
-
Problem with selecting Driving Modes, other than Normal.
I wonder why coasting is supposed to be more economical. If the engine is turning with a gear engaged it uses no fuel, as fuel is cut off. If the revs fall to idle at any speed, fuel is required to keep the engine running. Surely it can only save fuel if the clutches are disengaged and the engine stops.
-
Karoq space saver 2022
Quite true. I was in a bit of a rush as I am on an online course. Of course it is three times if you wish to swap wheels front to back ad vice versa.
-
If there was one thing I would change about my Kamiq…
Not a Kamiq but a Karoq gripe. I wish the satnav voice wouldn't say 'please' every time it says anything. It is far too gratingly polite. A contrast to when it says 'Please make a U-turn NOW'
-
Karoq space saver 2022
This is best practice, but not always practicable. You would need to jack the car three times instead of once, potentially increasing danger
-
Daytime Running Lights with rear lights
With the position of the switch, I find that I can knock it off my normal auto setting with my knee when getting into the car, particularly when my wife had been driving previously and had had the seat well forward.
-
Daytime Running Lights with rear lights
On many cars, including the Karoq, the DRLs act as the sidelights, so there are none to go on. Frequently the DRLs in sidelight mode are less bright than when acting as DRLs, however, as far as I can see the DRLs have only one intensity.
-
Karoq SEL without rear tables on "build your own"
Rather odd. My non-facelift Edition has electric seats and tables. What was the reason for wanting no tables? Ours are rarely used as we don't make too many longish journeys with back-seat passengers.
-
DPF regeneration frequency
Just for clarity, a DPF removes ash and soot from the exhaust gases. The soot is removed by the regeneration, often aided by a catalyst. In the case of PSA vehicles this is aided by injection of EOLYS fluid into the fuel tank. The fluid contains cerium compounds with lower the temperature requird to burn off the soot. I don't know whether VAG use a similar method, or whether it simply relys on getting the filter hotter. The problem with DPFs is ash. Ash is formed from the sulphur and phosphorus compounds found in oil. This is why low SAPs oils are required. This is not now confined to diesels as most, if not all, very recent petrol cars are fitted with a GPF. The ash cannot be burned out of the filter, and this may autimately block the filtedr, requiring either removing the filter and cleaning or a replacement filter.
-
Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) / Cruise Control (CC)
Found it! For speed limiter, press the arrow button, bottom left on the right hand side of the wheel, then scroll using the roller to Assist systems, press the arrow again, you can then scroll to speed limiter. I assume you set it using the cruise stalk to the left of the wheel.
-
Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) / Cruise Control (CC)
In my Karoq you can set a speed limiter. It is done via the buttons on the right of the steering wheel and displays on the virtual cockpit, but it is a PITA to set up.
-
Phone contacts lost
I have investigated further. There is nothing new for the Karoq. However, I've been using the other car for a couple of days. If you start the car with the phone connected by usb, the phone screen opens, all contacts and history are available. If you then go to google maps, that opens, and I then can't operate the phone at all via the screen. The phone button does nothing. When the phone is only connected by bluetooth the phone works fine. So I'm pretty sure that my phone update has caused the issue. I have been through all of the phone settings I can find and all looks ok. I think I will just have to live with the issue until, hopefully, a further update sorts it out.
-
new messages "2 cylinder mode" and "eco"
I have an eco icon which tells me when my car goes into 2 cylinder mode. I have a driving mode called eco. What is the third eco? Are you referring to stop/start?
-
new messages "2 cylinder mode" and "eco"
I think it is! If you select the individual mode and then select change, you can change the aircon settings from normal to eco. So I would imagine that setting the mode to eco would set the aircon to eco as well, otherwise the option would be pointless.