Skip to content

Routemaster1461

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Routemaster1461

  1. It can and mine does, if I'm in the house and I accidentally press the button. My wife says I should always take the key out of my pocket, but I never remember.
  2. AFAIK, Editions had 19" wheels. Never seen any reference to 20" and 21" as an option, certainly not when I ordered mine May last year.
  3. I was wondering about this. I checked on the RAC site and according to them the law on tread depth is the same in all EU countries and the same as here, 1.6mm. It may be that there are different limits for winter tyres and different recommendations on wear limits for summer tyres.
  4. No problem for us, you just have to find the sweet spot under the rear bumper and try to repeat.
  5. It is extremely unlikely that a mechanic would have access to a new camera. Parts are rarely kept in stock, apart from routine service items, and have to be ordered in. Also, the repairs don't need to be fixed before the warranty expires, the fault just has to be notified by then.
  6. I put a 2032 in it because the original battery as supplied new was a Panasonic 2032.
  7. Just had the message on one key at 9 months, 8800 miles. Happened to have a spare Energiser from replacing the key in a fob from our other car. Seems to be OK. What I don't understand is why the keys above have 2025 batteries and mine seems to use a 2032.
  8. Not a youngster, I wish I were. Bought my first car in 1972. I too remember using Duckhams every 6000 miles, gapping spark plugs, and having all sorts of issues with points and condensers. I bought a Citroen in 2007 and had to take it into a dealer in Austria for something routine, not sure what now, at approx 1500 miles. Don't forget cars used to need to have the cylinder head torqued down and tappets reset after a very small number of miles.
  9. When I started this thread,I did understand the normal service interval and the extended service business, and I had no wish to stir up another debate. My question was simply, if a service interval is 10,000 miles why can't the car's brain know this instead of doing a metric conversion from 15,000km. However, as my brain seems to work in an odd way, perhaps someone can enlighten me on this issue. Whem the car is on the production line Skoda don't know whether the car is going to be on the fixed plan or the longer plan, and presumably the oil they used is appropriate for 18 20K miles use. This beggars the question of whether it is a waste of resource to change oil 'unnecessarily' at 10,000 miles. 10K miles is a very short service interval, and 3 of my 4 previous cars had either 16K or 20K intervals. One of the even earlier cars had an nterval of 20K or 2 years, but I got the impression that the 2 years caused an issue as later cars with nominally the same engine reduced the time to 1 year.
  10. There are threads on Skoda and other forums that recommend Panasonic, as other brands, including Dracell, don't seem to work. The problem is getting hold of Panasonic batteries. Not many places seem to stock them. Duracell and Energiser are no problem to obtain, and I suppose that is why many people try them and seem to have issues.
  11. My experience of speed limit recognition in our Karoq is that it is very hit and miss. The dash indication seems to be partly from the maps in the satnav, and partly from reading the signs. The satnav frequently has the limit incorrect, and reading the signs is no more accurate. Signs are masked by overgrown foliage, other vehicles or not even present. The car can easily pick up a 40mph sign on slip road from a 70mph road and the cruise can slam th brakes on. I was in Austria, and although it generally worked OK there, on entering some towns there were signs indicating the town had a 30kph limit except the road I was on, but it can't read 'ausgenommen B170'. I dread to think waht is going to happen when the new EU law about cars not being able to exceed the limits come in, as my car didn't know what the limits are. I hope that it can be disabled and I hope this isn't made law here.
  12. See my post above. My car is 2021, so has the new fluid.
  13. Should't take an IT genius to write a simple code to set a 10,000 mile service. Mine will be getting its oil chane in ~1200 miles.
  14. Rather trivial. My Karoq has covered 8,800 miles and I have info on my central screen informing me that I need an oil change in 600 miles. That is at 9400 miles. As the service interval is 10,000 miles, I wonder why the indicated mileage distance to the oil change isn't 1200 miles. Is there some kind of calculation done or any sensors in the system?
  15. I have had this issue on our Karoq. The issue is that the button on the key will open the boot from quite a distance, about 30 metres. The key needs to be much, much closer to close the boot. This is probably to ensure that there is no danger of anyone being hurt by the closing boot lid.
  16. I'd be interested to know if anyone has ever seen a European left hand drive car in the UK fitted with beam deflectors. I certainly haven't. But I have seen UK registered cars with the Eurolites in the wrong place, and some that have been on so long they have turned black.
  17. On our other car we have Primacy 4s on the front, replacing Primacy 3 which lasted over 29000 miles. I certainly wouldn't class the Primacy 4s as ditchfinders. No sliding under any circumstances, braking, steering, accelerating, dry or wet. When our Turanzas wear out, currently ay ~9000 miles and about half worn, I would not hesitate to fit Primacy 4s.
  18. Just come back from Europe in our Karoq. On days when external temperature was 35 degrees, the inside was nice and cool with the aircon set to 19 degrees. In my view the aircon is absolutely fine. Still achieved ~52mpg despite plenty of aircon use.
  19. May not need a Faraday cage as the keys switch off if not moved for 5 minutes. May depend on year of car.
  20. Just for info. We have just come back from a trip to Austria in our Karoq. In many German filling stations there is a hoice of 95 E10, 95 E5 and 98 E5. As we have E10 here, this is what I used, and it is about 6 cents per litre cheaper than 95 E5. Still got well over an indicated 52mpg (haven't had the opportunity to do fuel calculations yet) Not only is E 10 cheaper than E 5, but it was only 1.69 euros/litre, ony about £1.44/litre. After many years of diesel in Germany being more expensive than petrol, it seems it is very much the other way round now.
  21. First, apologies as I initially accidentally posted this in the Kodiaq forum. We are off to the continent next week. Only 2 travelling on our way there and 2 on the way back, and our daughter will be flying to meet us there. When I got the car and read the handbook, I remember there being an issue with the varioflex seats, I have just read about them again, and it says that if you fols up a seat you cannot use the remaining seat for passengers. My plan was to actually remove one of the seats and the centre seat, and as far as I can tell there is no restriction on doing this. Can anyone shed any light on why you shouldn't carry passengers with one seat folded, and whether it is OK to use the car as a 3 seater. To deal with why this is necessary, my wife would pack the kitchen sink if she could, and we will be away for well over 3 weeks.
  22. Haven't experienced this on our Karoq, but I have a car from a different manufacturer which occasionally starts with a completely dead screen. When this happens I can do virtually nothing in the car as nearly all functions are controlled by the screen, including icons along each side. The only solution I have found is to switch off for about a minute, until all of the electrical humming under the bonnet has stopped, then restart. So far it has happened about half a dozen times in just over 3 years, and a restart has never failed to restart the screen. If it gets to be regular or fails to correct itself, if I had a warranty it would be in to Skoda.
  23. Many, if not all cars, have a system to scavenge oil mist from the upper part of the engine. My experience goes back to 60s Minis and other BMC cars, which had a small pipe leading from the rocker cover to the air filter, which allowed mist to be sucked out by a small negative pressure. I remember one instance when my breather pipe got blocked and it caused some issues with oil leaks. Took a while to figure it out.
  24. There was an issue when the Citroen C4 Picasso had a facelift in 2020/2011. Prior to this the car had small 5W sidelights in the headlight unit. When the facelift was introduced with DRLs they didn't bother with a new headlight unit, they just supplied the same ones with the same sidelight bulbs still fitted but unconnected and serving no purpose whatsoever. Much correspondance on forums about how to get the redundant sidelights to work, and several reports of cars failing MOTs because the testers said 'ithe bulbs are fitted so they must work', despite the DRLs dimming to act as sidelights.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.