Everything posted by Routemaster1461
-
Kodiaq MK2 Lights
What do you mean by sidelights. On UK srec cars, you have DRLs and on 'sidelight' setting (one place on from auto on the rotary switch) the DRLs should be on but at reduced brightness with the tail lights on. There are no separate sidelights.
-
Fuel Consumption stats- accuracy
True, but this depends on how often it does the calculation, If it is a second it will be of little consequence, if a minute it could make a significant difference.
-
Fuel Consumption stats- accuracy
In the UK it is actually against Construction and Use (or whatever the current legislation is called) for a car speedo to under-read. That is why they are set up like this. Also, the law specifically requires any speed 'evidence' to be provided from an approved and calibrated device. As far as I am aware, a GPS provides accurate sped, but as it is not properly calibrated there is unlikely to be any circumstances where they can be used as a defence.
-
Kamiq 1.0l s
Have you ensured that the phone is unlocked?
-
Fuel Consumption stats- accuracy
Always found mine accurate to 1-2mpg, but usually high 40s to low 50s.
-
Door auto locking inhibit
Yes, they should. Disabling the auto lock used to be done by pressing and holding the physical lock button. I don't like auto locking so I have always disabled it. It works on my 2021 Karoq, but I've a couple of loan cars, on which I've tried to disable, but they wouldn't do it. I suggest, for some reason, Skoda have made it impossible to do simply.
-
orange engine light
It is vital to use the correct low SAPs oil in engines with a DPF, as the correct oil may result in ash (as well as soot), and the ash will not be removed by driving the car hard. It will be necessary to physically clean or replace the DPF. The correct oil will not prevent ash buld-up, but it should slow it down. It shouldn't be an issue with cars with less than 100,000 miles on the clock. Also note that many petrol cars are fitted with a similar GPF, and will also need the correct oil. I haven't heard of issues with a GPF,but it doesn't mean that they can't block.
-
Help! 69 plate 1.0 TSI SE manual clutch gone after 2721 miles!!!!
How is the gearbox input shaft?
-
The automatic switching on headlights
Automatic headlights work from some kind of light sensor and also will switch on with the wipers. I don't recall my android auto screen always going to night setting when the headlights switch on. What is a pain is that the rear lights don't come on with only DRLs. The biggest problem with aut lights is that they don't come on in daylight fog if it is otherwise too bright. I suppose some drivers think that an automatic system will work in all circumstances; unfortunately they do not.
-
Kamiq Engine Oil Dipstick
Oil should not get very dark in a petrol engine; however diesels will discolour new oil to black extremely quickly.
-
Skoda Kamiq 1.0 fuel range issue
Cars use more fuel when they are cold. The consumtion information starts of being based on the cold consumtion. My Karoq only indicated ~12mpg by the time I get to the end of my road. The computer starts with a fuel range, and as you drive it is calculated and the remaining range displayed. As the engine warms up it becomes more efficient, and frequently the consumption improves sufficiently for the displayed range to increase. This can also be true if yoy have been doing a lot of urban driving, then get out onto country roads.
- 2025 Kodiaq Sportline - heated door mirros
- 2025 Kodiaq Sportline - heated door mirros
-
Superb mk2 2.0 tdi - how long does it take to get to temp at this time of year? (November)
Winter grille covers were commonly available for Citroens ~2007. Perhaps Skoda do them. They were for diesels though, as they take longer to warm up.
-
MY66 Octavia - Cracking Dunlop Sportmaxx Tyres
I always use Michelins. The only issues I have had with them was I once hit a pothole quite hard and this produced a sidewall bulge, and I had one Michelin which was an original from new from February 2019, which I had to replace earlier this year after ~66,000 miles, not because the tread wore, but because there were sidewall cracks developing. When I put the new one on, the droning noise from the back mysteriously stopped!
-
The Petrol vs Diesel Dilemma
Don't know why I wrote 2.0 TSi, mine is a 1.5TSi. The Picasso was a 2.0 HDi.
- Karoq 1.6 Diesel DSG Multiple faults...
-
The Petrol vs Diesel Dilemma
As far as I am aware the ethanol content of E5 and E10 is variable within batches of fuel. As all fuel comes from large tanks in the refineries, all brands filled from those tanks will have the same content, the difference between brands being the additives. This may vary between batches. The proportion of ethanol can vary significantly between refineries, so there may be significant differences between the ethanol content of E10 between, say, Esso bought in Southampton (ex Fawley) and Scotland (probably ex Grangemouth)., but Shell in the same locations may well be the same.
-
The Petrol vs Diesel Dilemma
- The Petrol vs Diesel Dilemma
I was converted to being a diesel fan back in 2000 when I ordered a petrol Espace, and the agent delivered a diesel. It was great for 7 years but at the end it couldn't get 40 mpg and any acceleration produced a huge cloud of black smoke. My last diesel was a 2.0HDi Citroen Picasso, which we used for continental trips to Austria every year. This was of the earlier cars with Adblue, and of course I was one of the first into the workshop with the Adblue failure. We loved the car, but if there was a problem with them, we had it, but at least it was all covered by either warranty or recall. In normal use, the car would do ~48mpg, and on holiday runs about 52mpg. Wedecided after 6 years to let it go and bought our current 2.0TSi Karoq. This, like the Picasso, does between 48 and 52 mpg and runs beautifully at the speeds I like to drive. So, as the mileage per gallon is almost identical and diesel locally being 5% more expensive than diesel, I estimate my Karoq is cheaper to fuel than the Picasso. I don't have to but Adblue, worry about filling it or running out on the continent (my filler was under the boot floor, so not convenient if you have a bootfull of luggage), and I don't have to worry about the inconvenience (or £1000 cost) of having the pump fail. As far as performance goes, my only issue is the pitifully low torque the engine provides at low engine speed, especially if the aircon is on.- Sos
All my visits have been covered by warranty. I bought 2 years extended warranty when I bought the car. The only issue was that, in a discussion on the sos fault with a dealer I didn't buy the car from, he told me that it wasn't on the computer system, despite me having it on the invoice. It took a lot of effort for my normal dealer and Skoda to sort it out. I still have 1 year left, and I would argue that as the issue occured in the first year of ownership and has never been fixed, it should all be covered by the original warranty. But chances are they would say they fixed it and its a new fault.- Sos
I'm waiting to take my Karoq in for the 8th time. There seems to be many potential reasons for this issue. The first thing they claimed causes it is that, as it first happened in Luxemboug it was something to do with moving between phone systems, but it subsequently did it in the UK. Since then, I I have had 4 new aerials, a software update, they have attempted to replace a cable on suggestion of Skoda Technical, but couldn't fit it because the cable was too short. I haven't had the module changed, and no-one has suggested this as a cause. The problem is that the fault is very intermittent. Some days you get the fault several times, and it virtually always resets when you stop the engine and restart after a minute or so. Other times you can drive hundreds of miles with nothing.- Ignition Switch
I have an issue like this with a similar system on a non-VW group. When this happens releasing the clutch pedal and pressing again allows normal starting. It seems that there may be a switch on the pedal system giving trouble. I suppose there is possibly something similar on the brake system of an automatic.- Gear number display on Virtual Cockpit
Does it give an indication of gear in manual mode- Rear heated seats and Varioflex: where the harness pass?
Interesting photo. My car (2021) has unheated varioflex seats but there is no cover on the contact area like in the photo. - The Petrol vs Diesel Dilemma
Important Information
Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.