Skip to content

sussamb

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sussamb

  1. Well I've been reversing vehicles for over 40 years and not hit anything yet. Only time I found a camera useful was reversing ambulances, when you had no rear view mirror.
  2. No need to look over your shoulder to reverse, I just do as you do and use my door mirrors.
  3. I have ... that's why I can reverse without a camera
  4. Always amazed that some folks need a camera to reverse a car 😁
  5. It does but mine still doesn't 'drone'
  6. Never noticed a drone from our Karoq, which is also a 1.5TSI
  7. I had no issues finding an earth point when I fitted our dashcam. Can't recall where it was but it wasn't too hard to find. The link above should help.
  8. Ours is very quiet over most road surfaces, quieter than most other cars we've owned.
  9. sussamb replied to Rory's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Yes I understand how it works as I've had it on hire cars and if you enjoy using it that's great. If I ever get a car with it just like stop/start and lane assist I'll turn it off.
  10. sussamb replied to Rory's topic in Skoda Karoq
    So you've already taken action to override it ... and that to me makes it pointless
  11. sussamb replied to Rory's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Trouble is it's only focused on the car ahead. By the time it has reacted to issues caused by things happening 3, 4 etc cars in front I've already done so giving a far smoother drive.
  12. sussamb replied to Rory's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Agreed, wouldn't want ACC. My eyes can look way further ahead than ACC which is simply looking at the vehicle ahead. By the time it's reacted I'm about 5 minutes ahead of it 😁
  13. sussamb replied to Rory's topic in Skoda Karoq
    I agree. I was just pointing out that if you have it then it's simple enough to turn off.
  14. sussamb replied to Rory's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Only takes 2 steering wheel button presses
  15. sussamb replied to Rory's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Lucky you ... wish mine didn't... I turn it off the minute I start off
  16. That's pretty normal with every satnav I've used. Very handy feature in my mind
  17. sussamb replied to Rory's topic in Skoda Karoq
    I switch lane assist off, it's only 2 button presses on the steering wheel. Certainly wouldn't make me not buy a particular car.
  18. Yep, like any car a driver needs to adjust to it. Bite point on my daughters car is way higher than on our Karoq so I adjust to it. I would stall it if I treated it like mine.
  19. Perhaps ask in the Octavia section as this is the Karoq one
  20. Thanks, no issues on either our Karoq or Kamiq. It's why I buy the most basic car I can, way less to go wrong!
  21. Don't believe so, if I do I've never found it
  22. Ours is the bolero
  23. Been reading a few recent posts about updating the infotainment system, we have a 5 year old Karoq which as far as I'm aware has never been updated, and isn't 'connected' in any way. How are such systems updated?
  24. Can't help as I always turn my stop/start off

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.