Everything posted by sussamb
-
What is your favourite thing about your Kamiq?
Yes, when in D
-
Coming up to three year service
Couldn't have said it better myself 😁
-
What is your favourite thing about your Kamiq?
Lower yes but still need the brakes whereas manual allows you to force the correct gear so no braking required
-
What is your favourite thing about your Kamiq?
Agree. Easy to flick into sport mode when required and can use in manual if you want. Thought I would use manual a lot but the automatic is so good I generally only use manual to hold onto a gear going down steep hills.
-
Coming up to three year service
Exactly, easy way for some garages to make more money, if as you say it was vital it would be part of the service schedule. Bit like saying you should change your tyres every 2 years regardless of condition!
-
Coming up to three year service
Not mixed up at all and aware it's hygroscopic, thanks. Brake fluid is checked by my garage every service and is fine. No need to change it. Car brakes perfectly.
-
Coming up to three year service
Correct, checked and it's fine, cars only done 35K
-
Coming up to three year service
Only need to change brake fluid if needed. All reputable garages can check it and replace if needed. Our Karoq is over 5 years old and brake fluid is still fine.
-
Speed limit warning
See page 57 of the manual
-
What is your favourite thing about your Kamiq?
Hmmm. I'm 6 foot, maybe that helps
-
What is your favourite thing about your Kamiq?
I don't find the drivers seat too low and I don't even have it on the highest setting, nor do I struggle with lines delineating parking spaces. Have you tried adjusting your seat height?
-
What is your favourite thing about your Kamiq?
Easier to say what I don't enjoy, and that's only being able to adjust blower speed etc via the infotainment system. Thankfully Skoda have seen sense and there are now rotary controls etc in the facelifted model.
-
Dashcam electrical supply / fuses
Perhaps post in the Fabia forum as this is the Kamiq one!
-
ACC not breaking on vehicle in front stopping
Try just driving and ignore ACC, human brain is far better Setting ACC to minimum in busy traffic is exactly the opposite of what a good driver would do which is to increase the gap when its busy
-
Swapped to Karoq from Kamiq.
We have both a Karoq and a Kamiq, I far prefer the handling of the Kamiq so my experience is different to yours.
-
Electric Tailgate
Yes in my view, less tech less to go wrong
-
new messages "2 cylinder mode" and "eco"
You've posted in the Kamiq forum, try asking in the Octavia one
-
Boot latch issue
That's the problem with all this tech stuff. It goes wrong. Thankfully I have a manual boot as I'm still fit enough to close it
-
Help! 69 plate 1.0 TSI SE manual clutch gone after 2721 miles!!!!
True although my wifes Karoq is a manual. The point I was making though is that generally folks come here and places like it to complain, for everyone who does there are hundreds of others who are quite happy with their cars.
-
Skoda connect
Not just your car but all vehicles that exceed the permitted pollution levels. Similar zones being created throughout Europe. I live in France and certain vehicles are banned in some towns, no way around it with no option to pay a daily charge. Folks die from pollution so not surprising that where it's high action is at last being taken.
-
Kamiq Race Blue to Graphite Grey
Mine too ...
-
KIND SURREY KAMIQ OWNER? Pls Help!
That's what I said and then deleted having read the OP properly 😁
-
KIND SURREY KAMIQ OWNER? Pls Help!
Deleted
-
Karoq cam belt change - start saving now !
Yet mine sent an email last week saying it was due! Just ignored it.
-
Skoda connect
Don't have it, don't need it, don't miss it