Skip to content

sussamb

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sussamb

  1. After a tip from here I just now put my rear fogs on when reversing, makes a real difference
  2. If you Google you'll find ones on the Karoq but all Skodas are pretty similar
  3. Wonder why you would bother, I never use mine anyway
  4. Can be switched off and on in settings too
  5. 4 and 5 are both settings in menu.
  6. How did you get the update?
  7. Happens pretty much in every car, I do what @marineboydoes
  8. Strange as mine has no rattles etc. Otherwise I agree ... fantastic car.
  9. sussamb replied to Choclab's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Then you'll know you can provoke wheelspin on any car with too much right foot, whatever tyres you have on.
  10. sussamb replied to Choclab's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Always amazes me when folks complain of wheelspin or lack of grip. The answer is really simple, get control of your right foot! Our Karoq is still on its original tyres and no issues with grip, as an ex blue light qualified driver I'm not slow when on the road either.
  11. I don't miss anything when I do a blind spot check. I certainly wouldn't rely on a driver aid, so if I can't rely on it there is little point of having it.
  12. Do you not have a height adjustment for the seat? Maybe it was introduced on later models as my nearly one year old car has it. As for these so called driver aids I've already made my views known on some, lane assist for example is turned off the moment I get in. Yes I can cope when it's on but can't really see its usefulness. My car doesn't have blind spot detection but again I don't see its usefulness. I wouldn't 100% trust it so would always need to do a shoulder check, so if doing that anyway why the need for a driver aid that may or may not be accurate.
  13. Really? Your eyes and brain cannot do that for you? Perhaps you shouldn't be driving at all!
  14. Our 5 year old Karoq is on it's original pads/discs and my one year old Kamiq is also fine, we live in Worthing so a salty atmosphere. Surprised when discs fail so early.
  15. sussamb replied to Miggs's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Too true 😁
  16. sussamb replied to Miggs's topic in Skoda Karoq
    It's why I buy the least tech model I can, also far less to go wrong!
  17. Can't understand the need for ambient light anyway, what possible benefit is it?
  18. sussamb replied to a post in a topic in Škoda Kamiq
    What other cars do is really of no relevance given that this is the Kamiq forum. Think there are a few here who would do better posting on the relevant forum.
  19. @croquemonsieur Battery on our Karoq still OK after over 5 years. Mind you I always turn off Stop/Start so it hasn't had to deal with that!
  20. sussamb replied to a post in a topic in Škoda Kamiq
    Well this is the Kamiq forum and that's what is being discussed. Pointless discussing what other cars do.
  21. sussamb replied to a post in a topic in Škoda Kamiq
    Definitely not a life or death issue 😁 Two buttons presses on the steering wheel and it's off. Not an issue at all
  22. sussamb replied to a post in a topic in Škoda Kamiq
    Fully agree, it is only a slight nudge/vibration and easily overcome. Having said that I always switch it off, as I do with Stop/Start.
  23. @Stoker That wasn't me, it was MarineBoy. As for coasting and dabbing brakes, I prefer as I suggested to use manual mode so engine braking holds the car at the correct speed.
  24. Could be both if circumstances are correct, same behaviour as my Karoq. Not sure why you're asking?

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.