Skip to content

leolito

FREEDOM
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by leolito

  1. I forgot to mention, plugs are NGK "Laser Platinum" PLFER7A8EG, given as equivalent to OE. NGK number 94833 ... Made in Thailand.
  2. After a long time of procrastination, finally replaced spark plugs and coils, which I went for RL upgraded ones. Quick run of a few kms just to check, no issues so far. One less thing to do ... next in the line is the very-posponed Haldex screen clean.
  3. I was today in the garage and measured my 118cm, which are actually like 124 considering the end caps. So I assume for a 135 you are looking at 140 overall width, which seems too much, so it is as djfish has shown above ... somewhere in between.
  4. I've seen this on older Audis as well ...not an isolated phenomenon, it seems.
  5. Any luck? Towards the end of this link there is the adventure of another briskodian and his quest to liberate the hitch from its rusty hold
  6. I got confused in the options ... so they got GPF delete (how is this addressed in the software? I presume like a DPF delete there must be some changes in the ECU), you keep a silencer but what about the cat?
  7. Ask me, I don't like noisy stuff anymore (except my Guzzi) ... the Superb was a downsize back to a 4 cyl car after couple decades of 5, 6, and especially 8 ... loud by definition 🙃
  8. Good plan! Now that I think, a fairly loud exhaust should kill all the creaks and squeaks 😄
  9. Sorry for the mishap. The fuel level and sender unit are together in the "cradle" inside the tank. https://www.lllparts.co.uk/catalogs/skoda/CZ/SUP/851/2/201/201040 However it is tricky it has reset to 'full' and does not move ... my money is indeed on the sender/level, but also try the connectors, do not know if it shows on diagnostics.
  10. Thanks! I am ok by "hand greasing", actually I prefer it. I use a nitrile glove (which I use 99% of the time, I barely work with bare hands no pun intended), either finger or an old flat screwdriver ideal for the purpose ....
  11. Great work! Bravo! Frumos! 😄 Check for rattling in the plastic panels of the sub box, and eventually you can add pads of adequate material to improve the box performance. Also, if it lays against the metal sheet of the car, same process, while you are at there ...
  12. Will see when the time comes ... For now I wait to get back home, test the new RL coils, then go on holidays, then hopefully find time to go see the local RL representative and start to make plans ... 😄
  13. Lube is the answer! 😁 Gald you manage! Lithium grease is not bad ... a friend suggested something like "water" grease like for boats or something, will look into that. During the weekend I remember I had not said not to pull with too much force, otherwise you risk breaking the handle, or the cable ....
  14. Sorry to hear ... I have been regularly advising on the topics to take from time to time the hitch out and oil the swing mechanism, even if is not used for towing. The thing gets all the crud and road crap and tends to freeze solid. You will have to keep trying to lower, I thinks it starts with a sideway move, I would not try to hit it, but encourage it to move ... try to pass a rope or strap and pull. It is much better of you can raise the car, more comfortable to work. When you pull the lever, the light blinks red, but does it go back to green or it remains also stuck? I am planning before the next winter season to carve a "cover" and put it in the bumper hole, there is too much crap getting there that is certainly no good for easy operation ...
  15. I don't see it as an LHD option with cat 😢
  16. Read also this, might have something of use
  17. Darn what a story ... happily you saved the engine from its destruction, with subsequent anihilation of your bank account... 😬
  18. Plug says only VAG NGK H15Y 06090560IE There is also an 'R'
  19. Finally, after a long time procrastinating on the issue (partially I had a reason, I got another "project" back on the road 😁) I've managed to remove the coils and plugs ... 3 out of 4 coil boots gave a good fight, but I won without even damaging them, which is a plus. This week I got a set of RacingLine HO coils, there is a local dealer/authorized point, souns like reasonable fellas, so I plan to visit them sometime and ... "talk". Could be a dangerous talk! The coils were 240 euro shipped, think I good price. Anyone wants to comment on the condition of the plugs at 62k km? They look fairly fine to me .... but is the first time I see 'em 😄 Should I replace them with same kind or there is any improvement available? Car does not have any issue that I am aware of.
  20. Sorry about the fauna attack! 🙃 No, unfortunately on newer cars you got no way, you got to remove the mechanism and for this you need to get the glass out. The videos you have seen are correct, there is usually one only position to allow the glass to be disconnected, wether is by means of a screw or sometimes a clip - I would not know. Check in the "projects" section if someone has done work on the doors as a reference.
  21. Uhm ... since "we" were first, then "wishtleblower" more adequate 😁 Sorry for deviating the topic 😄
  22. Oh man ... I've got tinted/smoked standard and the screen adds to it. I was actually thinking to add an UV film to it, but I need to get my guy to it, which will not happen anytime soon ... Now that I remember, viewing through the rear window gets a bit used to, but no big deal.
  23. That you are not native English speaker is not the problem, you do write well ... heck, your tutorial for the Haldex is great - so do not worry 😉 The BIG problem is that you are a traitor and have abandoned us as a Superb owner, so every time you come lurking again here, you lose a bit of connection with our reality, hence you are mixing up the words 😄😜🤗
  24. Just seeing the emoticon and smileys you can "age" the participants to this topic 😁

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.