Skip to content

scotthugh3s

FREEDOM
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by scotthugh3s

  1. Don't think there is another revision. Sure I read 1985 is the last one
  2. I haven't experienced those issues myself, but from what I've read on here it seems that in cases such as yours the infotainment unit itself needs replacing. If you read through more topics on the subject in this forum you'll likely discover those posts which could be of some help to you
  3. Wireless AA working for me running 1985 👍
  4. Why do you wish to reinstall it?
  5. Regarding the tone of the parking sensors, mine adjusts depending on how near / far away I am from an object / obstruction. The nearer I am, the louder the tone...
  6. Mine doesn't ever have issues unlocking, once I wrap my hand around the handle it opens every time. But it's meant to lock when you hover your hand over the little 'switch' on the outside of the handle, and when it's been quite wet mine doesn't lock. As mentioned, it's a known condition (to owners anyway) but if Skoda haven't changed how they build them since they built mine (4 years ago) then it wouldn't surprise me if it does this right from the factory
  7. If it's like mine and others people have posted about in here, it is probably due to wet weather which gets in and causes the locking feature to disengage, at least until it's dry again. There is a work around, it's posted on here somewhere (do a search for KESSY) but it's by no means a quick or simple fix. It involves stripping the door handles right back and replacing something inside of them which shuts out the wet weather for good
  8. I quite fancy it, but I have a manual and it states right at the end of the description that it's best suited to DSG vehicles as clutch pedal gets in the way of installation 🥹
  9. It seems to have resolved itself thankfully, was quite distracting as it drew your attention. No idea what caused or fixed it but just pleased it's fixed 🙂
  10. Updated successfully to 1985 a while back, haven't experienced any issues since (had some KESSY issues that turned out to be connected to something else) However, a couple of days ago I received an OTA app update (not sure which app, it didn't say) Since applying that update my navigation's compass seems to have stopped working. Whilst travelling, on the map my vehicle doesn't move from the start point, instead it just spins around and around on the spot. Anyone else experiencing this or any other similar issues..?
  11. It's on here somewhere if you do a search for it you should find it
  12. Mine occasionally don't display at all, but it seems sporadic, there doesn't seem to be a pattern to it
  13. Try using less revs. When it was happening to me I found that if I stuck to low revs, enough to pull away basically so I could change to to 2nd and it solved the issue.
  14. I have a manual 1.5 TSI and the only time I experience "kangarooing" issues is if I attempt to move off too soon after a cold start. It pays to leave your engine running idle for at least 30 seconds or so when first starting in the morning or after being stood for a while I find, when doing this I never experience the "kangarooing" you mention when moving off
  15. I've watched the video and can't detect it...?
  16. I could give that a try to be fair, bit of an arse on though eh? 🙄
  17. Have you tried raising / lowering the seat height? Also, use the rake and reach steering wheel to your advantage
  18. Just discovered this issue, same as some others my tyre inflator doesn't reach from the boot to the offside front tyre, bit of a strange decision to leave a 12v socket out of the cab. That and the fact that I have no rear wiper are just crazy oversights IMHO
  19. Google the A82, A83, A85, A816 and the A819. And then tell me to look away slightly 😂
  20. I'm an HGV driver, and start early morning which at this time of year means driving around in the dark for a couple of hours. The amount of berks who rely on this auto dip functionality is a real pain, as (I believe) their headlights don't dip until they detect my beam. Which, on a long straight, isn't until they're quite close to me, meaning for a good few seconds they're heading straight towards me lighting my entire windscreen up with their glare. It's not only dangerous, but can be very painful too. Auto High Beam Assist should be banned by manufacturers world wide. Trust me, I'm no wimp, but you try handling a 42 tonne fully laden truck with trailer on a B road in the rain / mist / fog or even just in the dark, when your entire windscreen is lit up like the face of a torch by some idiot approaching you with their high beam turned on and the glare not only disrupts your vison, but burns at the back of your eyes too 🤬
  21. When I purchased my (used) Octavia the previous owner was still logged on as primary user. As I hadn't yet figured out how to alter that I browsed through all or at least most of the settings in the infotainment system, just to try and get a feel of it. Then, a day or two later, I discovered how to make myself primary user and so I deleted the current profile and made one for myself. Now I have no proof, as I can't actually remember what went missing, but I would swear that once I'd became primary user a number of the options for the settings disappeared. Whether they were purchased options that were only registered to the previous owner's account or not, I don't know... But just wondering if something similar could have possibly happened here?
  22. Depends on what other apps you have open and running, for instance if I'm using navigation via AA, the parking sensors will display as you describe. However, under normal circumstances (as in home screen displayed whilst driving) they'll take up the whole screen
  23. Never tried it but if you open the app itself, is there no option there?
  24. The wet weather seems to play havoc with the KESSY system I find. I'm able to unlock my car without issue but can only lock it using the fob when the weather's really wet, which unfortunately for me it is a lot where I live. There's a thread on here somewhere about it which explains it in detail and also links to a fix, but it's not an easy fix by any stretch of the imagination. It's involves disassembling the door handles and altering them internally. Not something I'm willing to get involved with personally, the fact the video guide is in a foreign language didn't really fill me with confidence if I'm being honest. But it's here on the forum if you want to take a look at it, do a search for KESSY and it should crop up 👍🏼

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.