Everything posted by scotthugh3s
-
Locking fuel cap
Hi, Does anyone know whether or not there's a lockable fuel cap which will fit the Octavia 4? (2020, 1.5 TSI manual) Have performed a couple of searches in the usual places but can't seem to locate anything definite.... 🤔
-
OBD11 service?
If you don't have pro though that means you're using 1 click apps, which some have questioned as they leave no trace in alterations to the coding. At least if you code the changes yourself, you can always go back and edit if they happen to cause any issues Btw, is sound actuator only present on the VRS? Or other models too?
-
OBD11 service?
You need a Pro licence then there are instructions on how to achieve both of the things you mention here
-
New software available version 1989
I had heard of 1989 being released for Seat models prior to this, however, pleased I didn't go ahead and upgrade given the issues it seems some are experiencing. I reckon if there was any weight to this update, there'd be a lot more of the forum "heavyweights" behind it, as in supporting it's use etc. For now, I'm leaving well alone....
-
New software available version 1989
For those experiencing the AA drop outs, is it possible that it's when you're traveling through an area where you lose phone signal? As I have heard of S23 Ultra owners suffering the disconnection issues you explain, but not necessarily with AA or Skoda vehicles for that matter. Seems odd that you're all S23 Ultra users who are experiencing this problem, and I've heard of others having connection drop out issues with other vehicles once traveling through areas where their signal drops out...
-
Traffication gone silent
The setting is there, however I don't remember exactly where, although I found it due to a poster on here so may be worth using the forum search. I do remember that it wasn't straight forward, as I say most often I would access the correct menu where the setting was located, but it wouldn't often readily appear! Or it would appear briefly but then vanish. I managed to click on it before it vanished at one point (after plenty of failed attempts) and managed to change the voice. But I've absolutely no clue as to why it appears and disappears from the menu selection randomly. Come to think of it, I think it located in the language settings menu
-
Traffication gone silent
I've been experiencing a bug with my maps just recently too (just posted a thread on it) Don't normally use built in maps or voice control so no idea if that's affected, however, it seems to resonate that an OTA update may have caused the issue I'm experiencing, as I've experienced the same thing before (map constantly spinning) I remember that when I opted to change Laura's voice from male to female a while back, the setting to do so wouldn't readily appear, I kept having to go back in and out of the setting menu to locate it. Just a hunch but maybe you have to set up voice activation in settings in a similar way?
-
P0607 code, control module performance issue
A quick google suggests that it could be something to do with a dead battery. Pretty sure I had this code come up regular on an old car of mine (non skoda) which turned out to have not only a buggered battery, but a buggered alternator too.
-
Compass issue on satnav?
I've experienced this issue before, but last time it seemed to sort itself out quite quickly. Basically when I'm driving, if I have built in maps on the screen the map just spins round and round and round, although it does follow me as I go. It can be quite distracting though, one of those things that once you notice it you can't take your eyes off it kind of thing. As I say, had this happen once before a while back, it seemed to right itself quite quickly then. But this has been doing this for about a week or more now. I have to switch to AA screen in order not to see the map continuously spinning. Anyone have any idea of a reason for it, or even a fix?
-
2020 Skoda Octvia mk4 Transmission oil change suggestion
I have a 2020 mk4 Octavia, and when it was new (to me anyway) I experienced issues with 3rd and 4th gear. It never jumped out of gear but I sometimes used to struggle to get it to go in. I persevered with it, being extra careful when shifting to 3rd or 4th, and I found the issue simply went away. I discovered that for 3 months before me buying the car, it had been parked up. Whether or not that was a contributing factor I'm unsure, all I know is that after now 11 months of ownership I no longer experience the issue and haven't for some time. Mine is the 1.5 TSI petrol and had 48k on the clock when I bought it, so not entirely sure how relevant this info is to you. Only posting as reading your OP brought it back to me when I was experiencing a similar thing. Perhaps persevere (with care) for a short while, you never know..?
-
Service question
Another quick question regards servicing... Let's say I had an OBD11 device and had implemented a few mods / bits of coding, would the service partner pull you up on that if they detected it?
-
OBD11 Coding list for Octavia MK4 / IV
Anyone got any they can add to these? Considering purchasing an OBDEleven unit to try a few of these out...
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
I went from 1896 to 1985 having taken advice from a VAG software specialist. But I couldn't comment on whether or not it'd be fine to try from earlier versions. I believe there is info out there if you can find it, which should explain, or perhaps there are other members who have a better idea.
-
Service question
I normally do cover over 25 miles a day, but in bursts of around 7-9 miles each, so not really sure...
-
Service question
Hi, Like a few others before me it would seem, I'm a bit confused by the digital servicing set up that came with my Octavia, as opposed to the old fashioned service book with a stamp in it. I do have connect access, and from that I can see that my car's last service took place on 21/07/2024, which was 3 months before I bought the car, however, the mileage didn't increase between the time of the service and me purchasing it. I've done around 9,000 miles in it since, yet when I check the app it's saying that I still have 324 days to run (9,900 miles) until my next inspection & oil change. Could this be right? Apologies, this is the newest vehicle I've ever owned, and with my previous vehicles I'd have them serviced once annually at around 10,000 mile intervals, which to me seemed the norm. I'm just wondering, could it be that the newer vehicle doesn't require as much servicing, and would the app definitely let me know if it did? The health report states everything is fine, can anyone please tell me if the app can be 100% trusted to let me know if things were otherwise?
-
Getting music on USB stick to work
Must be an issue with lots of new cars. I own an Octavia mk4, but my old man recently got a new Renault Captur, and he suffers the same issue as this, has tried everything. Commenting as I want to come back to this thread at some point to see if you figure anything out that will maybe help him 😄 I use spotify myself through AA
-
Start and stop disable permanently
Out of interest, is your car auto or manual? Cos i read that they're quite tough to fit on manual cars, which mine is, but fancied one...
-
Side steps (Skirts) for Octavia mk4?
Thanks, but what I'm looking for are more steps than just skirts, I should have made that more clear, my apologies. Appreciate you digging those out for me though👍🏻 As I say I'm not even sure such a thing is available, they're usually only seen on SUV's and the like, just wondered if anyone knew of something compatible... 🤔
-
Start/Stop engine button cracked. How to replace it?
Part available here Not sure on procedure though
-
Side steps (Skirts) for Octavia mk4?
Hi all, Just wondering if anyone knew if any such thing was available anywhere? Be it official or after market, I've searched high and low but I'm not able to find any real results myself...
-
Update To Infotainment Version 1985 - Download Link and Guide
I went straight from 1896 to 1985, took advice from a VAG software engineer who said it was fine to do so. I too wondered whether you had to apply updates in increments and he said to do so between 1896 and 1985 was a waste of time. I believe there are some of the older versions of software where you must apply updates in stages, but 1896 to 1985 is completely fine.
-
Update to Version 1969
I have the same car on the same year, and applied the 1985 update straight from 1896 without issue. Not sure about the macbook thing as I have a laptop with windows
-
Whats the most up-to-date software?
I updated myself straight from 1896 to 1985. Just follow the step by step instructions provided in the download topics carefully and you should be fine. Helps to familiarise yourself with the procedure before going ahead. So long as you follow each step carefully, as explained, then you shouldn't encounter any issues. Hundreds of users here have done the same thing, don't think I've ever encountered a post whereby someone has "bricked" their car, but obviously it is a risk unless you follow correct procedure.
-
Alarming news : no alarm in Octavia 20-21 ?
I have a 20-21 Octavia and it has an alarm, I'm in UK.
-
OBD11 Coding list for Octavia MK4 / IV
Would genuinely love to apply a couple of these, however, having read through plenty of posts regarding software issues I'm not keen to start messing about. Would be interesting to hear others thoughts, perhaps those who've applied any of these?