Skip to content

unclerichy

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by unclerichy

  1. I'm on the original screen and the gaps look similar. I don't have any wind noise. Check the trim around the windows too - if that's not fitted correctly (there was a recall) then it could be the cause.
  2. Yup, brand new registered 1st March 2016.
  3. Dunno about disabling KESSY but I received 2 keys with my 2016 car.
  4. Mine gets pretty hot under the bonnet anyway. I put it down to having an engine
  5. I was expecting to have to change mine this year (2016 car) as I had the 12v warning even a few days after a full charge though never to the degree that it failed to start. The last time I charged it I left it for a few days past the "I'm charged" stage rather than unplugging it when it said it was done and I've not had a problem since. Stop/start is also working happily. Mine's the CTEK 3.8 charger.
  6. Have you thought about removing your lead soled boots before getting in the car?
  7. I think they're used to pop the centre caps from some wheels - wife's old non-Skoda had one.
  8. I'd also check what they mean by "not dedicated electronics". One of the options for the MkIII was "towbar prep" which (correct me if I'm wrong someone) meant that they extended the necessary wiring loom to the boot area to simplify electrical connections. Without that I believe it was a case of having to fish wires from front to back. I'd be suspicious that they may be planning to just splice into the existing tail light wiring (so connecting reverse to the reverse lamp, brake to brake etc.) which is generally frowned upon in modern cars. If they do intend to use a proper harness (rather than splicing wires) then as well as turning off the sensors when towing you'd also probably need to turn off rear collision detection and the door mirror warning light (forget the name of it at the moment) as they use additional sensors in the bumper that won't be disabled automatically. I have a factory fit towbar and when I tow the first thing the car does when I start to move is flash up a warning that it's turned those features off. If the car doesn't detect you're hitched up then it might see the trailer/caravan as a collision hazard.
  9. I never had a problem with my trims until the dealer unnecessarily applied the fix a couple of years ago. Now the leading edge (just behind the door mirrors) pops out about 5mm now and again. If it ain't broke take it to your dealer... It'll soon be broken.
  10. They've also carried over the waterfall effect from the Octavia where water pools in the gap between rear glass and boot lid then pours into the boot when you open it. Simply clever or something
  11. Your boot trim keeps falling off?
  12. Is the whole towbar missing (in which case how did they manage to list one??) or is it a removable one so you're just missing the hook bit? I would have thought that the the latter would be fairly simple to source.
  13. Is that because you find yourself braking more? On the rare occasions I use eco I tend to use the paddles to pop it back into gear if coasting too quickly.
  14. The indie that I use has access to Skoda's system and they update the central service record.
  15. Strange about the Motability bit as my wife's car was collected and serviced by the supplying dealer (Honda). Certainly sounds as if you avoided some major bills by backing out.
  16. I bought Carista to make a couple of minor tweaks and investigate my TPM niggle. It came up with a persistent ABS code that didn't appear when serviced so I suspect it was a false positive. In the end I only used it to turn on rear DRLs and the headlight LED whiskers. In hindsight I'd have gone for the OBD11 to make more detailed tweaks. I also have a 16 L&K.
  17. One of mine has a dead spider in it so either he was trapped during construction or there is a gap somewhere.
  18. I had a similar oopsie on a previous car and had it repaired for about 160GBP. Mobile repairer filled, sanded and blended with the surrounding area rather than spraying the whole bumper. That was on a non metallic finish though.
  19. 5 years and 3 days here Rusty/pitted rear brake discs appeared on this years MOT as an advisory (5 years, 26k). New advisories on this MOT - corroded front springs and misting from front damper (my guess is the latter is due to crashing through a pothole a year or so ago) I've not experienced any of the OP's other niggles but have had: Electric tailgate struts: replaced under warranty but getting noisy again Diamond cut wheels blistering, particularly around the centre despite using non-acidic cleaners. That'll be a refurb job at some point Wheel centre caps poor quality Occasional TPM failure error which, once cleared, goes away for a year or so Creaking suspension (DCC) - fixed under warranty after 3 attempts I also think I'll be due a replacement battery in the next 12 months as I've had a few '12v low' warnings even after being on charge a few days previously. Mine was about 38k retail (though I haggled hard and paid much less than that) so it's going to have to last me for the foreseeable future.
  20. Don't forget that the fitment of Beemer wheels will automatically disable the indicator function
  21. 400 quid? Cheap compared to my day - MOT, service, DSG service and brake fluid then road tax renewal 780
  22. They say that they replaced a clock spring? Sounds like a wind up
  23. I filled mine up for the first time in exactly 3 months and in that time I've done a whole 228 miles. It's in for the service and MOT tomorrow and looking at last year's records I've done a grand total of 1818 miles since the last one. Jeez

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.