Skip to content

RADIOTWO

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RADIOTWO

  1. Mainly that there is not as much power for both Cams
  2. That's old technology, its all done wireless now, so you can do it via Bluetooth, or what i do is put the tracks on a SD card and then just plug in the usb socket
  3. I have had a Next base for many years (322 i think) but as it did not have a rear view camera I got a 622 as this has one I went for this and have been happy with the unit, the only thing I would say is have it hard wired as apposed to using the Mirror connection
  4. The reason I said you were in the wrong section as your info (in the side panel ) it says Model: Skoda Octavia III 5E5 Year: 2014
  5. First of all you are in the Mk4 section and you have a MK3 but you say it does not work ! is it all the segments that are out? if so I think you need to check if you have power to the unit
  6. Where as I would say replace the wire but can you not solder the wires and tape it up ?
  7. Why don't they just cut the under side so the bar will attach to the bracket
  8. Mine is a 21 plate and the VRS estate and the towbar is a "Tow Trust " and is a detachable, but I cannot see any difference between your date of car and mine as far as the rear valance is concerned. I cannot see why the installer says there is not enough room to cut out
  9. I had one fitted and they just cut a hole for the bar, but one thing to mention please check the towing limits !
  10. If it is bulb I guess you can, but depends if it is LED what lights have you got ?
  11. When you say " is it possible to get to the side lights" what do you mean?
  12. You are better answering in a post after the (my) comment as it looks to others that I have not read the post correctly. The only thing to try is do a complete reboot by pressing the 0n/off button for a few seconds till it goes off and reboots Ps don't forget the profile info
  13. You have not said what age the car is and what is the version of the firmware is ? It might be worth putting info in your profile for future posts !
  14. hi two months is poss a bit short, but as you don't know the history of the key, but one thing to do is get a RFI pouch and keep it in there, But I have found the batteries from Screwfix and they reasonably cheep and they last about 6 months. But one thing I have found is replace both batteries at the same time
  15. I certainly would not buy new wheels for Winter, what I did was find some Audi wheels that some was selling with tyres(about £100) so when these were worn I put some Winter tyres on, and I have had these wheels on three cars now
  16. I think you must have been unlucky, I live in a small village up in N/W Derbyshire and I see about five regularly, I when I drive a round I usually see one and say "not another" they are common
  17. I have sent you the details via PM and mines rated at 2000Kg's
  18. Hi The first thing to look for is the towing limit, a lot of the Octavia's are rated at 0Kg so no chance of getting a bar fitted, but there should be no reason why you cannot have one fitted and coded. I have a 21 plate and have done just that bar fitted and coded by a company in Manchester
  19. Possibly if you know what you are doing but sounds like you are just playing with it, so my advice is come direct from the battery with the correct rated fuse at the battery. Its surprising what troubles you can get into, either taking out the ECU or even set on fire
  20. As you say tape is not a option, but in the past I needed to get a thick cable (not a Skoda) front to back (boot) and noticed there was fuel and brake lines running down that side so not big cable ties but a number of smaller ones did the job, and once in place nothing moves so no problems. so went from the battery into a fuse (correctly rated) and then down the chassis. In fact I have done this on a number of vehicles with out issues
  21. I know this might be a bit late, but if you are putting the amp under the passenger seat, then drop the cable down behind the battery, and then along the chassis leg, and under the footwell there are plastic plugs, put the cable through one of them and then seal up with silicone
  22. First I have never heard of Z-beams. But have you got the Matrix lights ?
  23. You say it is a 2020 but why have you got 2021 in your profile ? Very confusing.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.