Skip to content

logiclee

Resident Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by logiclee

  1. The correct size for a 2wd on 17's is 215/55x17
  2. 5000k to 6000k for modern LED Skoda headlights. Yeti Xenon's were 4300k from factory although many replacement Xenon bulbs available to 5000k and some "Blue" Xenons to 6000k
  3. Mine's the smoothest car I've owned 1.5TSi DSG 2023.
  4. logiclee replied to Cvak's topic in Skoda Karoq
    That will transform the ride. Be sure to post Photos.
  5. No they are Bridgestone Turanza ECO EV. They are designed to get maximum range out of EV's.
  6. I'm surprised you found the 2's hopeless in snow. Most reviews put them on par with Premium Winters for snow traction and well above the average winter tyre. Although I agree the first generation were no where near a winter.
  7. I have CC2's on our Fabia and Octavia and I had them on our Yeti until I recently swapped it for our Karoq. The snow performance is exceptional and wet performance while no longer matching the leaders still betters a midrange all season and is only a few percent off the best in braking but finished 2nd best in wet aquaplaning. It's not night and day, they are not a bad wet weather tyre by any means. What really impresses me every time I get in a car with CC2's is the comfort and noise, they seem to change the car. Currently my Karoq has Brigestone EV rated ECO tyres and the are noisy, harsh and pulling away in the wet is a nightmare for wheelspin. I can't see me having these on for long. I'll be going with CC2's or CC'3 if I can wait that long.
  8. These were all pre-2014 though. Not had any issues with DQ200 models manufactured post 2017.
  9. I think I'm on my 7th or 8th DQ200 now, still have two. Plus a few DQ250's and DL501. I've had my fair share of issues on pre-2017 boxes with clutch pack and one mechatronic failure. Five warranty claims in total. Later DQ200's are noticeably smoother and more refined than the early models. I've had DQ200's on 1.0TSi, 1.2TSi, 1.6TDi and 1.5TSi. By far the best match is the 1.5TSi EVO2 and DQ200. But there's no doubt the DQ250 was more reliable if serviced and it was butter smooth with my 2.0TDi's and 2.0TSi. A shame it's no longer avialable and the replacement the DQ381 is now showing a few issues. The DL501 I had was in an Audi as that's a longitudinal layout coupled to a 3.0V6 TFSi. By far the best Dual Clutch transmission I've used but I've also had three cars with the ZH8HP conventional Auto (BMW and JLR). I'd have one of those over dual clutch any day of the week.
  10. There is no service requirement for the DQ200 DSG on the 1.5TSi DSG Karoq.
  11. Australia used to get the 1.5TSi ACT DSG but fitting the older 1.4 makes them cheaper and fitting a conventional auto is more appealing to the Australian market.
  12. Both SE and SEL now have MFSW, the SEL's is heated. DSG models have shift paddles on the steering wheel SEL
  13. 2.1 was standard on older models with 2.5 being the "ECO" pressure. Now the "ECO" pressure is standard but it's a bit firm for me.
  14. Just one thing to note on the seats. We have a Fabia, Octavia and Karoq. We've had a lot of Skoda's and VW's. The Karoq seat angle is very sloping in all models. For me it's a little too aggressively sporty for an SUV. The Yeti seat angle was much better for SUV usage. It's taken me a while to get used to it. If you have back problems like you suggest take an extended test drive first.
  15. I've owned 2x 1.2TSi, 2.0TDi 170 and one of the last 2.0TDi 150. I've also had several 1.2TSi's in other models and a few 2.0TDi 140's. The winner by a fair margin is the 2.0TDi 150. It's the later EA288 engine and feels more responsive and refined than the old 140/170 EA189. 1.2 TSi is fine around town but runs out of steam on motorways and fast A roads and economy really drops away with speed.
  16. 1. 1.5 TSI DSG has the DQ200 7 speed dry clutch. While there are reported issues the gearbox has had many improvements over the years and there are hundreds of thousands in service. 2. Kangarooing affected the 1.5 TSi EVO engine and mainly the manual versions. The Facelift Karoq has the EVO 2 engine that eliminates kangarooing but some manual drivers have reported cutting out issues. This does not affect the DSG. 3. SE doesn't have driving modes but there's very little difference between Eco and Normal on the SEL. The very slight economy gain doesn't make up for the lack in throttle response for me so I never use ECO. 4. SEL on 18's (50 profile 2WD) is very slightly firmer than 17's (55 Profile 2WD) on the SE. The Sportline has 19's (40 Profile 2WD) and is very noticeably firmer over poor surfaces. Although the SEL is slightly firmer the added comfort of the heated microfibre seats more than makes up for it IMO. 5. If Lane assist is fitted I believe it has to be turned of each time but not many SE and SEL's at 1 to 3 years old will have it as it was dropped as standard spec due to chip shortages. 6. Both run fine on E10 95 Ron Unleaded. 7. Yes expensive but good peace of mind if you use a good dealer. 8. I'd go facelift for the EVO2 engine even if that meant a few more miles on it. 9. If you get a 1 to 2 year old example you should be offered an extended warranty at the end of the three year period or have an offer to take out a warranty and service plan. Decide then if you think it's worth it.
  17. logiclee replied to DemonJD1's topic in Skoda Yeti
    I don't think Yeti 1.6TDi was ever available with DSG
  18. I'm well into double figures now for DSG ownership. DQ250 is by far the best box from a driveability and reliability point of view but the draggy hydraulic system and only 6 ratios meant it's not the most efficient hence why it's been replaced. My old Passat 2.0TDi I gave my Father in Law when it was 4 years old. It's now 14 years old and done 160k miles and the gearbox still drives like new.
  19. It very much depends how often you get it. If it's the first couple of pull aways after it's been stood a few days then I wouldn't be worried. If it's every time you get in the car and more than the first couple of pull aways I'd be reporting the issue.
  20. As it's a dry clutch the same as a manual if it's stood for a while the clutch plate can become damp. A bit of judder the first few pull aways is not unkown.
  21. Vin plate doesn't show Kerb weight. The four values are. Gross Vehicle Weight Gross Train Weight Front Axle Limit Rear Axle Limit. Mass in Service on V5 is whatever weight dealer decides to declare and is often incorrect. Certificate of conformity shows the exact kerbweight but we in the UK don't often get the CofC DIN and UK definitions do not include 75kg for the driver. Public weighbridges are easy to use and is only the real way to find the kerbweight. But for the OP I wouldn't really get to hung up. The cars going to be around 1500kg, max tow is 1500kg and will be the difference between GVW and GTW on the vin plate. Stay under 1500kg, load the trailer caravan correctly and drive safely.
  22. I'm waiting for a base to be laid for a 12'x12' workshop. I'm trying to decide between concrete and wood. I would prefer concrete for security and longevity but there's always concern with damp and condensation.
  23. The only accurate way to determine the kerbweight (Which you appear to be asking) is to either obtain a copy of the certificate of conformity where it will be stated or put it on a public weighbridge. Skoda quote a kerbweight range of between 1344kg and 1550kg for the 1.5 manual. An SEL with a few options will be closer to 1500kg. Max tow for the 1.5TSi manual is 1500kg.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.