Skip to content

logiclee

Resident Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by logiclee

  1. logiclee replied to Berisford's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Indeed, I drive the road daily. But I've never pulled over to read the A4 laminate on the lamp post. I did however notice them burning the 40mph white marking off the road. They put that down when they reduced the road from National Speed limit to 40mph. And that was before they shifted the 30 limit start further up the road. For those not knowing the area the road is not just a local estate route it's a very busy link from Huthwaite, Sutton is Ashfield, Pleasley towards Mansfield or A60 Nottm. And where they keep adding housing without upgrading the roads, they just slow down traffic. For Vehicle Tech, Karoq did pretty quickly change to 30mph. Google Maps if using android auto still reports 40mph. My works vehicle has an Arval Connect driver monitoring. That still reports the road as a 40mph.
  2. logiclee replied to Berisford's topic in Skoda Karoq
    You wouldn't if you've never been down there before but as far as the speed camera (Sorry Safety Camera) checks goes they have mostly caught out local residents who had not noticed the change (ie 40 signs removed). Getting better now though as it's been a while and has filtered through to more people. As stated early google maps still has it at a 40mph but updated MIB3 Karoq maps correctly states 30mph.
  3. logiclee replied to Berisford's topic in Skoda Karoq
    As stonekeeper states above, the 40 section was in a streetlit area, either side of the 40 limit is a 30 limit residential streetlit area. They only need to remove the 40's to make it a 30.
  4. My track record 2011 Golf 1.6TDi - OK 2011 Fabia 1.2TSi - Clutch pack replaced due to judder. 2014 Octavia 1.6TDi - Clutch pack, mechatronic and lever replaced. 2016 Yeti 1.2TSi - Clutch pack replaced due to slipping 2016 Yeti 1.2TSi - Clutch slipping when returned to lease company 2017 Fabia 1.0TSi - Faultless from new. 2023 Karoq 1.5TSi - OK so far and by far the smoothest operating DQ200 we've had. As years have gone by the improvement on the DQ200 has been very noticeable. We've also had several DQ250's on 2.0TDi's Passat, Octavia, Yeti. All faultless. And a DL501 Audi 7 speed wetclutch faultless. Avoiding the DQ381 for now.
  5. Those headlights are reflector LED type. They are not matrix and not projector. They will have a kick up to the left so I'd assume they'd need a deflector.
  6. Sorry can't help guys and I suspect the only way you will find out is to drop the headling. After owning two VAG cars with Pan Roofs and having issues with each I'll never have another. It's why this Karoq is an SEL without panroof. The last repair I had cost £2500
  7. My 23 SEL with Varioflex seating came new with a rail on each side and one hook on each side. I since added two more to have two hooks on each side. My workmates 23 Sportline with standard seating came with one rail on one side but had two hooks on the rail.
  8. Yes no need to go over the top for atmos. I originally had some Minx Min12's and they were really good for the size. I've had five TV's and three receivers since the last time I swapped speakers. Such is the progress of electronics. By far the best upgrade I've done in recent years is to invest is REW and Audyssey MultEQ-X PC Software. I was never happy with the alignment of my two subs and now I have the setup just where I want it. With TV upgrades and electronic upgrades it's always easy to quantify the upgrade, you know what you're are getting extra. Upgrading speakers is far more subjective.
  9. My speakers are 14 years old and I'm getting itchy to upgrade I have 683 L&R, HTM61 centre and 4x 682 surrounds. 4x Cambridge Audio speakers for atmos. 7 Series are on my list and the CCM683 ceiling speakers.
  10. Yep, I think some designs are more robust than others but you can certainly help the build I found the Besta unit comes with additional fittings to cover how the unit will be configured. I double floored where the amps sit, only light electronics sit on the shelving. And as I left the back open for ventilation I put additional corner supports on the back and additional adjustable legs in the middle. I have sat in it Denon AVR X4800, Emotiva power amp, B&W centre, Panasonic 4k Bluray, PS5, SkyQ, and a couple of aircom coolers. It feels absolutely solid empty and full. My previous stand was four times the cost and was obviously better built but the options on the besta are the main reason i went for it, choose size then there's numerous options for doors, shelves, draws, colours, tops. etc etc.
  11. I had tower racks for a couple of decades. Switched out for low and wide AV stands that suits home Cinema better some years ago. When my last unit didn't really fit my gear I wanted something more modular and build flexible. I read thread after thread and I eventually settled on an Ikea Besta unit configured to my needs. I don't do Ikea, this is the only Ikea thing I own, but I've been surprised by the build quality compared to the expensive bespoke units I've had in the past. (I have double skinned the base) I've had to invest in AC Infinity Aircom coolers though.
  12. Your battery has low voltage.
  13. logiclee replied to Viffer800's topic in Skoda Karoq
    You get the full 150PS and 250NM in all modes with the foot flat to the floor. It's how the engine responds to the pedal inputs in between 0 to 100% that differs.
  14. logiclee replied to Viffer800's topic in Skoda Karoq
    You should be able to feel the difference in throttle response on a manual. The pedal travel for torque demand differs in each mode. For example and not actual reality. Eco 30% pedal travel requests 10% torque Normal 30% pedal travel requests 30% torque Sport 30% Pedal travel requests 50% torque Difference in how the engine produces torque / power is minimal in each mode but you can make it feel much more responsive. Some small cars do this, especially some smaller Italian N/A models. 25% pedal travel would give you 80% torque demand so driving normally they'd feel really strong but put your foot down and there'd be hardly anything extra.
  15. logiclee replied to Viffer800's topic in Skoda Karoq
    If you are putting the gearbox in Sport on the lever then only the DSG change points will get adjusted. Using the Mode Select button in sport mode will change the DSG change points, throttle response and steering weight.
  16. logiclee replied to Viffer800's topic in Skoda Karoq
    It's a thing. Throttle mapping is changed in sport mode.
  17. No passwords, it's coded to the car. When you plug it back in it will be recognised.
  18. For difficult loads the XPA are good but I'd avoid the BasX range. BasX are great for the money but can struggle below 4 ohm
  19. I don't have the info for the 2.0TSI. For other models For the 1.5 the difference is the holder and fan. The fan is actually the same rating but the holder allows more airflow when then fan is not running through an additional flap. But I've not heard of a single issue of anyone towing without mods in the UK with Yeti or Karoq, petrol or diesel across this and caravanning forums in the last 15 years or so.
  20. Very late to this thread. In the late 80's I got into hifi, nothing major Rotel, Mission, Sony. Then I got into in car entertainment as it really took off in the late 80's and had a side business as an installer. I gave up before it became all Max Power and sub boxes from Halfords. From the mid 90's onwards I started to get into Home Cinema. I have a running total and have spent close to £40k over the years and that's not counting buying media through the Laser Disc, DVD, HD-DVD, Bluray and 4k Bluray era's. Currently run Denon Receiver, Emotiva Power Amps, 11x B&W speakers and 2x BK Elec Subwoofers.
  21. Yeti is like a brick though. We ran a 1.2TSi Octavia and 1.2TSi Yeti at the same time. Same platform, same drivetrain and both FWD. Octavia was on average 10mpg better and at higher motorway speeds 15mpg better. The aero effect can be seen on max speed as well. Yeti with 150PS is around 120mph, Karoq with 150PS around 130mph and Octavia with 150PS nearer 140mph.
  22. What was the cost and did you have towbar prep from new?
  23. We've have a size smaller combo of Octavia and Karoq. We also have elderly parents to look after and for those duties we always use the Karoq as parents struggle with the low seating position of a saloon/hatch/estate and find the SUV much easier.
  24. We have , 1.5TSi DSG Karoq 1.2TSi Octavia 1.0TSi DSG Fabia On a run the Karoq is the most economical although the Fabia is slightly better around town due to the weight advantage.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.