Wipers not working?? - Read this first!!

I have a skoda octavia elegance estate diesel 2005 and i managed to cure rear wiper and alarm problem by re connecting the rear washer feed that hadcome apart in the rear. In a nutshell there is a male female conn3ction that had worked apart probably by fluid pressure during use. This soaked the electrical connections causing the rear wiper to work intimitently and the car alarm to activate randomly . It also showed up a door open light on the dash . To get to it . Open up the tail gate and take up the carpet and rear light cover off inside on the left side as you look at it. I found the electrics being flooded by the disconnected washer pipe. I re connected the washer pipeand dried out the electrics with cloth and then a hair dryer . It has cured both problems. .so far two weeeks down the line . If i have posted on the wrong blog apologies it is my very first ever blog....very grateful to all those useful blogs out there

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, I have a conundrum, fuse 15 and 41 are fine, it's not the wiper stalk cause I replaced that with a new one, it's not the motor cause I've replaced that with a known good one.. and I can hear the relay click when I move the stalk to wipe the windows.. washer jet works on the front (not so on the rear but that's pipe connection problem for another time) and the rear wipers work just fine... I've even tried bypassing the bonnet switch at the connector just incase it's the switch itsel... I'm at a loss anyone able to help?

-2005 Skoda Fabia vRS