Nurburgring - scary video

Stuart_J

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Can't say his driving was the worst I'd seen, but he didn't leave any margin for other user's errors. Which quite frankly is idiotic. Some of the bikers didn't help themselves either, but then it is a public road, and as such will attract a massive mixture of talent, vehicles, and road manners. Dangerous place to go. I miss it :)

As much as the driver was driving right on the cars and possibly his limits, also not allowing for any mistake by the riders, I feel that there were far too many vehicles of any type in such a small space. They ought to limit the number of vehicles on the track at any one time.

If a driver is trying to get a good time (isnt that the idea) and the bikes slow him down (as in that video) then the driver could get frustrated and do something too risky and kill someone.

Steve

OMG i was cringin all the way thru that vid. was expectin someone to crash there.

What a flid! agreed the driver of what I also said was a corsa, looked to know the track Very well and know what the car could handle. But that is NO reason to push it to that when there are others out there who may not be that good.

NEVER HAVE FAITH IN OTHER PEOPLE.

I would never trust the veh in front to the extent that he was!

I hate bikers too as there is no protection for them and the are slimey customers lol.

billy

(never been to the ring, would love to go but that has really worried me. Cant risk breakin my car)

Will be goin though, just to say Ive been.

I've wanted to do trackdays and visit the ring but this stuff makes me want to hug my car and tell it I don't mean it, I'll never subject it to that.

The driver plainly got the hump with the bikers. Though I don't think the bikers did themselves any favours either.

Porsche driver recognised potential for mayhem and backed off. Didn't want to be become the filling in a Corsa/Bike sandwich.

J.

I definitely felt nervous for that biker and passenger, getting so close to the back wheel is just ridiculous and intimidating for the biker.

However, I agree with some comments on here about the biker too, he had a passenger on so couldn't check behind him properly (which is a must) and he wasn't showing any courtesy to anyone who may have wanted to go faster, and the rule is that there will ALWAYS be someone faster than you!

I love the 'ring and last year had a bit of a play with an English biker myself, got a wave as we left the track and it was all good. But neither of us were dangerous or lunatics!

The problem with the 'ring is that track etiquette goes totally out of the window when for safety's sake I can't see the problem of waiting until the car infront has obviously seen you and indicated right to tell you so, allowing you to pass.

BTG timing is the problem - tracks should be fun, but never on a public day should it be a race.

Why on earth do they let bikes and cars go out at the same time ????? :confused:

Because the ring is currently classified as a public road, it even appears on normal road maps. To apply restrictions implies the ring has become a track and with it all the fuss that this causes with regard to insurance, health and safety and such like.

Because the ring is currently classified as a public road, it even appears on normal road maps. To apply restrictions implies the ring has become a track and with it all the fuss that this causes with regard to insurance, health and safety and such like.

Easily gotten around... charge bikers 100euros per lap. :D

so if its classed as a public road what ins do you need????

wont norm euro ins do?

Most policies exclude "derestricted one-way toll roads" so it's a very touchy subject :thumbdwn:

Check your policy carefully, I have driven on the ring in the past using normal UK fully comp. Since the ring became more popular, insurance companies have cottoned on to the increased risk, and as per the previous poster now exclude the ring either by name, or the term posted above.

My policy clearly says I m not allowed on the ring! :( I do want to go round it one day but that has put me off somewhat. The driver doesn't seem to have any regard to the bikers at all and looks like he nearly hits them on many occasions. Surely a car with ABS would be braking very hard to get the tyres to squeal? I kept pressing my foot on the floor throughout the video!

As a biker am going to say that, the guy was a total idiot although if i was on one of the bikers i would just have pulled over and let him by. Nothing is worth losing your life over. looked crazy on the track, i agree with previous poster do sessions with cars only and another with bikes only, that would be the safest way.

anyone havig a go at bikers,not all bikers are idiots thank you

As a biker am going to say that, the guy was a total idiot although if i was on one of the bikers i would just have pulled over and let him by. Nothing is worth losing your life over. looked crazy on the track, i agree with previous poster do sessions with cars only and another with bikes only, that would be the safest way.

anyone havig a go at bikers,not all bikers are idiots thank you

Regardless of whether the bikers were right or wrong, (I think they were OK ) theres no excuse for pushing another person into making a mistake whether you think you should be allowed to pass or not, just back off, create a space & have fun for a few more corners until you catch up. Doing that might also demonstrate to the bikers how much quicker he actually is (if indeed he is) & they would be more likely to let him pass. I would agree with you in just letting him pass whether I was on 2 or 4 wheels as the Porsche did. Its always more fun watching someones accident from behind than being in it ;)

monday afternoon is a good time to go, get there just before it opens.

that video is real scary adt to be fair thats a bad example to watch, generally the bikes that are the worst, i dont want to upset any bikers out there but im afraid it certainly true when driving at the ring, but thats just my experiance there

cant wait to go back in july hehe

The driver certainly knew the road well, and could handle the Corsa, fair play to him, although pushing the bikes the way he did was not clever, no safety margin at all, one thing goes wrong and someone is dead. The Porsche had the right idea, let him go. Hectic video though. Was waiting for the almost inevitable schreech and bang.

How do people know the driver's a chav?

I think he'd got some pretty serious skills and new the track damn well, but also has to learn to think about the safety of others. The long fast up hill section about halfway through the lap that has a fairly easy left followed by a sharp left had me gritting my teeth and waiting for him to understeer off into the barrier but he obviously know's what his cars capable of or has the biggest balls in the world lol.