Octavia I Steevie Wonders Silver bullet engine build

Steevie Wonder

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jabba will be doing the rolling road remap.

I'm expecting low-mid 400's, but for me its more about how it feels/drives on the road than out-right figures.

I must admit I do feel like a dog with two d!cks at the moment!!! Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Initial results so far (WITHOUT METHANOL)

BHP = 407

Ibs/ft torque = 390

Whilst this turbo and engine is capable of quite a lot more, I must add that the exhaust housing I opted for was the smaller of the two, this was to help with the spool up times and to help making it more driveable with FWD. With the larger housing it would've been easily 460+ but not suitable for a FWD car, it would've been too aggresive and pointless.

Michael says there is more to come. Anything around 420-430bhp and 400 ibs/ft torque will be great!!!!!!

RPM limier is limited @ 7800, but it wants to pull well over that!!!

HAPPY CHAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Steve

Edited by Steevie Wonder

very nice figures, any printouts?

im very interested in the pickup of this turbo.

No final print outs yet, power delivery from what i've been told is incredibly smooth, and a real screamer top end.

4000rpm should see everything up to speed.

As soon as I pick it up the print outs will be scanned in!

Steve

Nice one, I know what 375 lb ft torque feels like, so I can imagine the size of your grin (maybe not on a wet day like today was though ;) ). Prepare to buy shares in a tyre company though, esp if you've going to have a got a track session or too :thumbup:

Here is one of the print outs.

As far as 1.9 20v blocks go this is about as good as it gets, the only other thing to do would be to go for a 2litre...... which i'm not before anyone asks!!!!!

I'm so dam pleased this has worked out so good, it has been a long and winding road in getting this completed to this standard, and before anyone asks would I do it again.....YES.

More to follow as and when I get it.

Steve :)

Thank you for all of your really nice comments!! :thumbup:

I pick her up tomorrow which cant come soon enough for two reasons:

1. I want it back ;)
  2. It means I can have a manly car again - I've had the Jabba 'duck egg blue' VW Lupo (rollerskate) all week.........it's not really a good look when you're 6'2" and 18 stone.....

I'll be able to share a bit more info tomorrow.

Steve

Edited by Steevie Wonder

• 4 weeks later...