Anti Car-Jacking Feature

I recently had this turned-on on my car - so as soon as you hit around 10mph all of the doors lock.

It certainly makes you feel safer when driving through town.

However I've always been reluctant to lock doors whilst driving due to the issue of if you have an accident people can't get to you.

Does the Octy anti-jacking feature have the feature where if impact is detected the doors anto-unlock?

I've heard of this feature on other cars - I'd just feel a lot safer knowing that if the worst happened the doors would be unlocked.

I was playing with my maxidot and discovered it could do this. SWMBO's key works one way and uses two presses to lock/unlock, and mine one. Must get around to fixing that.

As i have never heard about this function is it only on certain models?, ours is 55' plate Elegance 140 bhp dsg.My wife when ever on her own always locks herself in.

Ok, in this case I'll have this turned on in mine, then I'll hopefully do obedience training on everybody to keep them from tearing off the handles when it doesn't open anymore (on the 1st attempt).

Good luck with that.

Both my parents have had this explained to them several times and they insist on trying to disembowel the door at every opportunity.

Both of my parents are car trained, as their Megane did that from day one, but the soon to be mother in law is a different story.

Almost got off while the car was still moving forward on more than one occasion. And has a very large pie hole. Still trying to convince the mrs. she was adopted, but no luck so far.

As i have never heard about this function is it only on certain models?, ours is 55' plate Elegance 140 bhp dsg.My wife when ever on her own always locks herself in.

You may never have heard of it because it is not often turned on as standard. I'm pretty sure your car would be capable of having this turned on :thumbup:

Still trying to convince the mrs. she was adopted, but no luck so far.
Remember, over time a daughter always turns into her mother, so if you can't cope with the mother-in-law now ... ... ... ... ... ...

Is this something that be turned on yourself, or is something that a dealer has to do by plugging into the car?

I know for example that it can be done on certain Opel models by just holding down both the lock button on the remote and the lock button on the door for 10 seconds.

As Tom above, just as you're rolling to a stop before passenger ejection, hit the unlock button on the centre console :thumbup:

Although it's hardly rocket science - if the door's locked, one pull will unlock, then return the handle to default position, and then pull it again! Open sesame :D

Steve

Are you all saying that the button on the centre consul by handbrake is what you call anti-hijack ,if so thats the one we use anyway .

That button allows you to manually lock / unlock all the doors.

Anti-hijack is just Skoda's name for automated door-locking at 6mph /10kph.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has to re-educate passengers about "pull - release - pull".

Tom, I also refer to the central locking button as the eject button :eek: