Police Octavia's???

Hi All,

Any know if the police are still buying up Octavia's now? I have not seen any around for ages now, I know Hampshire use to have a range of black unmarked VRS's, always seem to be going though red lights at 80.... with blues on. But now all Volvos/Fords and Vauxhalls it would seem :thumbdwn:...

James.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most pandas around here are brand new BMWs or Jags - utter waste of public money. Seen a few Nissan or Mazdas. Haven't seen any Skodas. Saw an undercover police scooby with its lights on the other day.

We are down to our last marked MkII vRS, but I think traffic and the driving school have a handful of unmarked ones left.

Our marked ones are pd140 4x4's. Completely useless for what they are used for. Another example of beancounters deciding what we get rather than people who actually need/use them.

i know many are starting to use the silver bmw's on the motorway (sales rep image?) vectras seem to be the car in tvp area at moment (apart from the bmw ive seen), but bath area have had octys and bmw's and volvos last summer and wiltshire have honda's bmws, mondeos and (allegedly) octy's.

I got pulled a few weeks back on the A9 near inveness by the plod in a BMW. Both the cops were admiring my car saying when they had them as their traffic cars all the lads loved them. He said that the only reason the force up there didn't buy them anymore was due to the BMW's having better risiduals..... still gave me a ticket tho. :rotz:

James26, you have obviously been obeying the law and driving sensibly. A good friend of mine was stopped only last week near Portsmouth by an Octy vRS. I have also seen an unmarked race blue and an unmarked silver Octy vRS on the M27 in recent weeks, so I think they still have a few knocking around !

James26, you have obviously been obeying the law and driving sensibly. A good friend of mine was stopped only last week near Portsmouth by an Octy vRS. I have also seen an unmarked race blue and an unmarked silver Octy vRS on the M27 in recent weeks, so I think they still have a few knocking around !

Or I just been lucky! Good to see the old bill is not only wasting are money on expensive BMW/Volvos. The last time I was stopped last summer (rear brake light gone pre Skoda) by a guy in BMW X5 of all things!

James.

Strange you saying that as just recently they have been in evidence all over the place, for instance the recent leaders summit in London one party was driven by a Skoda and more incidents showing police cars have been Skoda.

Saw a black '06 Octavia VRS (un-marked) in Worcester the other day,all fitted out with cameras.

One of my best mates (ex-copper) say they go down well with the lads :thumbup:

enit, have seen this bad boy going around. they always have a look when i roll past to see if its one of them. what with the cb on the roof, dab aerial it looks suspicious lol . BOOM!

I was in SImpsons Preston last week, and round the back is a whole selection of Octavias and Superbs, hatch, estates and Scouts, all in white. Wondering if these are destined for Lancashire Police? Any ideas? Becca?

Mike

North West Ambulance Service rapid response cars. The Superb was for one of their top men.

Lincolnshire run Octy's as both panda cars (along with a few Focus's I believe) and had a couple of unmarked Octy Vrs although i've not seen those for a while. Got a Silver BMW estate unmarked which I seem to see all the time (paranoia starts to kick in mmmmmmm)