vRS & Scout facelift

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the colours are in that vid :)

Make mine a Candy White!

Looks like that alu colour trim is as before and they're cheating on the marketing photos!

rofl @ 'BETWEEN BEING A BOSS, A HUSBAND AND A FATHER, TAKE SOME TIME TO BE A MAN'

GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - I'm a bloody bloke!

:D

EDIT - I can't get over that, it's like an attempt to copy the Yorkie advertising style, but it's gone awry. They might as well say 'THE NEW RS - NO HOMOS OR BIRDS ALLOWED!'. Skoda's marketing people are frighteningly inept.

Edited by wega3k

From reading the brochure it looks like Xenons will be standard as will 17" Alloys. the other changes look like options!:(

i read that and had to re-read it. i thought it was saying that the turning function comes standard with xenon and not that the xenons are standard with car but I could be wrong. Either way its poor wording on Skodas behalf

17" standard zenith, hope not.... pah :(

Crikey! The understeer, roll, pitch and dive on stock suspension have to be seen to be believed! No wonder so many on here mod their underpinnings...

Edited by rsbspt

i read that and had to re-read it. i thought it was saying that the turning function comes standard with xenon and not that the xenons are standard with car but I could be wrong. Either way its poor wording on Skodas behalf

17" standard zenith, hope not.... pah :([/quote

To true the wording is very suspect. However VAG have history with LED running lights with Audi and remember ONLY Audi's with Xenon have LED lights the other standard bulb car's have ''normal'' bulb daytime light's.

I would be suprised that as the VRS comes with LED as standard that it has normal H7 bulbs fitted as this would look very odd, therfore I'm expecting Xenons to be standard

Only a thought though...

17" standard zenith' date=' hope not.... pah :([/quote']

To true the wording is very suspect. However VAG have history with LED running lights with Audi and remember ONLY Audi's with Xenon have LED lights the other standard bulb car's have ''normal'' bulb daytime light's.

I would be suprised that as the VRS comes with LED as standard that it has normal H7 bulbs fitted as this would look very odd, therfore I'm expecting Xenons to be standard

Only a thought though...

Good point that, heres hoping they are standard...

Interesting photos; particularly the one of the yellow estate which has Zeniths (not the other wheels).

From the new brochure I think Zeniths are supplied when 17" wheels are specc'd.

Crikey! The understeer, roll, pitch and dive on stock suspension have to be seen to be believed! No wonder so many on here mod their underpinnings...

just what i was thinking.

Prediction - That texture to the aluminium effect trim inserts has been photoshopped on to make them look better in the marketing. I think this because the alu coloured ashtray cover and gear stick surround are already on the VRS LE. The alu trim on the LE is the same as the normal, pre facelift VRS. Octavia II - OEM ashtray in ALU look - Skoda Auto,a.s. : Skoda Tuning = superskoda.com

Looking at a facelift Octavia (non-VRS) the other day, this had a 'textured' aluminium trim which is different to the 'flat' aluminium trim in my pre-facelift VRS.

• 4 weeks later...
Make mine a Candy White!

Looks like Bickertons have been listening wega3k - Just been down to the parts dept there and they have a white facelift scout on the front!:D

I may be in the minority here, but I think the new headlights make the new car look more "fussy", I prefer the cleaner lines of the pre face lift headlight. I though visually the change from the Mk I vRS which I owned to the Octavia II headlights and bonnet was an improvement, not so sure with this TBH. Still I'd buy one over any other hot estate at 20K out there. If I had not got the LE I would have been looking for a 1 year old vRS with 3-10K on the clock over a new one.