logiclee

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lee! I'm sorry mate, but I seriously doubted that you'd read this correctly.

But before I posted sarcastic comments suggesting a trip to specsavers etc., I thought sod it, I'll check it out!

Got onto their website, and sure enough it's there..nice piccy.

Still not convinced but at least now starting to doubt my thoughts on poor old Lee's eyesight, I decided to ring them!

"Yea lovely car sir"

"But it's 15K and you can buy a new one for 11, and yours is not only 2nd hand but it's done 5 thousand!!"

"Yes but this one is special sir"

"Why, what could warrant such a massive price hike?"

"Well sir, its got lowererd suspension, tints, and special wheels!"

At this point I nearly burst out laughing and it must have shown in my voice :rofl:

"Why...what's so special about the wheels. Are yours a non round special edition version?"

Predictably,the poor guy coughed and said hang on sir, I'll transfer you!

He did! Back to the dial tone!

easy

car = 11500

+ xenons

+tints

+coilovers

+wheels

+milltek

+downpipe

+i.c.

+hybrid turbo

+remap

= easy 15k ++++

assuming they can back up the 230hp claim it would eat almost every car on the board with a good pilot......

Yeh but it hasn't got Xenons, we don't know what mods and it's 2nd hand and done 20000 miles and they still want

Coilovers on a diesel? Is that right Paul? Apologies if it is.

It's still 2nd hand though isn't it. Bits added on after generally speaking don't add to it's value.

Spoke to them again because I was so intrigued as to why it was so expensive.

It's been remapped by Revo, and had nitrous fitted for added entertainment! :eek:

They've sorted the suspension but didn't ask for details. Pushing out approx 230-40 BHP apparently!

If it was brand new with a guarentee that a spotty trainee hasn't been ragging it all over the Dales I'd be a bit more convinced.

Manufacturer Skoda

Model FABIA VRS

Body type 5 door hatchback

Colour Black

Fuel type Heavy oil

Date manufactured 05 August 2004

Number of previous owners

Last owner change1x1.gif

Looks like the 1st owner is the dealer, and it was only registered a few weeks ago.

Coilovers on a diesel? Is that right Paul? Apologies if it is.

It's still 2nd hand though isn't it. Bits added on after generally speaking don't add to it's value.

Spoke to them again because I was so intrigued as to why it was so expensive.

It's been remapped by Revo' date=' and had nitrous fitted for added entertainment! :eek:

They've sorted the suspension but didn't ask for details. Pushing out approx 230-40 BHP apparently!

If it was brand new with a guarentee that a spotty trainee hasn't been ragging it all over the Dales I'd be a bit more convinced.[/quote']

Therefore it's more likely to be 180-190 with a 50 shot of Nitrous, no ?

A very clever advert then, "economical with the truth" springs to mind :)

20k miles on a car that was only registered 6 weeks ago. How did it manage that.

Says 20k miles on Rainworths site and 5k miles on Skoda's used car locator.

Lee

20k miles on a car that was only registered 6 weeks ago. How did it manage that.

As I just pointed out, the ad says 5K...but what sort of driving over that mileage is what would seriously worry me! :eek:

Thought the general feeling in here was that engine mods should only really be carried out after approx 8-10K

As I just pointed out' date=' the ad says 5K...but what sort of driving over that mileage is what would seriously worry me! :eek:

Thought the general feeling in here was that engine mods should only really be carried out after approx 8-10K[/quote']

Must be a different ad to the one the rest of us are looking at Colin..

Fabia%20Ad.jpg