logiclee

Last 3 letters of the number plate are interesting.

Possibly an abbreviation of the sort of person who would pay that price...

;)

Yes Geoff..have to agree! ;)

I really wouldn't want to buy that. As I said previously, you don't know how it's been treated, and would imagine it's had a pretty torid 5,000 miles.

You're not going to drive that like a granny, are you!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont agree with the blanking of "this" cars number plate tho, as its on a publically accessible forecourt and the details of it are on the dealers and Skoda UK,s website. If it was a private sale, or event then yes, but on this occaision no.

In anycase, I would want to know to avoid this car if I was looking for an overpriced Fab vRS, and as for warranty work....like this car is never going to have issues at HQ :rolleyes:

I wsn't suggesting that this car should be shielded from the eagle eyes of Skoda UK.

I was simply making the point that they DO visit Briskoda' date=' hence the need to hide our own plates. :)[/quote']

I agree whole heartidly on the hiding of members plates for the obvious reason, amongst others.

But it might be interesting to actually find out if this car does have a Skoda working warranty. If it does, then it surely shoots down there non-modding policy.

I agree whole heartidly on the hiding of members plates for the obvious reason' date=' amongst others.

But it might be interesting to actually find out if this car does have a Skoda working warranty. If it does, then it surely shoots down there non-modding policy.[/quote']

I have a feeling someone may well be asking that (and other) questions tomorrow ;)

So whats the deal with the nitrous then?

How long does each burst last?

Cheers

Lee

Hi Lee

A 5lb bottle (normal size bottle that holds 5 pounds (in weight) of Liquid Nitrous Oxide) lasts around 5 minutes of continuous use (but you wouldn't) with a 25-50bhp "shot" and a digital progressive controller.

In real life (when I had it in my Polo) I used to use it in around 3-5 second bursts, just to get by someone that was in my way (or should that read "just to get by that row of 7 cars that were slowing my progress on that A Road lmao!)

So a bottle lasts ages once you've got over the initial "ooooh, there's a straight bit of road, let's nail it" phase... lol

• 1 month later...

Ummm, not sure if it's the same one but apparently it's only got 2k miles on now :D, Prehaps it was a misprint as 2k miles seems more intune with it's age, and I don't care how they ******* a car in 2k miles, its nothing. Just a pitty they choose the first 2k miles to do it in.

http://stock.highwaydns.co.uk/drilldownnewstyle.cfm?Dealer_ID=SHD8596565&Style=1&Body_Bg_Colour=a9a9a9&Main_Text_Colour=333333&Header_Bg_Colour=495A6B&Header_Text_Colour=ffffff&Main_Bg_Colour=ffffff&Price_Bg_Colour=C3CCC9&Price_Text_Colour=000000&Photo_Bg_Colour=495A6B&Photo_Text_Colour=ffffff&Link_Colour=687889&Border=1&Width=750&Bg_Image=bg.gif&SortBy=Price&Category_ID=all&Make=Any&Model=Any&DrillDown=drilldownA&Border_Colour=black&Stock_ID=BOTV188228&Image=BOTV188228_2b.jpg

P.S. Nitrous all the way, I completely agree, it's awesome!

Chris.