Octavia Long delivery times

my dealer rang ten past seven tonight (long day!)

says car is built and waiting for shipping at port...I should actually have it before the end of this month which is about 4 weeks earlier than I expected ( I ordered 4th august)

They were definitely playing it cautious then with the original delivery date! At least they have exceeded your expectations now.

Yeah doesn't look good:

Octavia Hatchback CR170 DSG with:

3 spoke multifunction steering wheel with audio controls and gearshift paddles

Bi Xenon headlights with adaptive front lighting system and headlight washers

Cloth upholstery

Columbus DVD sat nav with Maxidot

Front and rear parking sensors

Full size steel spare wheel

Heated front seats

Metallic paint

Bloody ditherer!!

I am finding that lead times are 8-10 weeks. Most of my customer orders have come forward by 3-4 weeks. The VRS FL 09 is slower due to demand but nothing like the 1.4 TSI issues, which is now pretty much back on track.

I was looking for an Octavia S 1.4TSI in red with a spare wheel. Two local dealers were quoting me long delivery times, which I was preparing to accept if they could 'cover' the extra VAT and the dealing with the possiblity of a 'scrappage' insurance write-off during.

While I was at a third dealers he mentioned if I forgo the spare there was one showing at another dealers which he could try and get a swap for their own stock. That fell through but as we were waiting one came up on their own inventory as just delivered. I managed to see it before doing the deal and paying the deposit on Friday and collected the following Wednesday (although I could have had it Tuesday).

I transferred my spare and jack from the old car, although it's a 13 rather than 15 so now looking for a 15 spare from a breaker (and jack) having previously had an unrepairable puncture less than 12 months ago.

BTW on the Sunday someone did run into the back of me. Just cosmetic scratches to the bumper but glad it happened to the old car and proves accidents do happen during the shortest of delivery periods.

I transferred my spare and jack from the old car, although it's a 13 rather than 15 so now looking for a 15 spare from a breaker (and jack) having previously had an unrepairable puncture less than 12 months ago.

I got a 'spare' from a local breakers for a tenner. Realised after that my 13" was a 4 bolt rather than the 5 of the 15" so good job I didn't delay. I was looking for 'slot' jack too but for now I made a hardwood 'slot' block to convert my current double-scissor jack.

Mines been bought forward again, it should be built Wk 42, end of October I believe.

I only hope that bringing it forward from what I found out today was initially Wk 47, the quality doesn't go down the plughole!

It will be a reject they found out the back :rolleyes:

I have ordered a 1.6cr tdi elegance with various options and I have been qouted built week 47, although don't know what date that is? do you think it will be ready here by crimbo?
Week 47 is 2 weeks before Christmas.

And therefore will not be at the dealer this year, bear in mind everyone will be on an extended holiday at Christmas and New Year

Looks like my new VRS could be in same position, it was only ordered yesterday and obviously no build date/week yet.

However my dealer has price protected even if it arrives next year including 0% loan deal.

I will have to pay the VAT increase though if registered in January

Week 47 is 2 weeks before Christmas.

Huh? Week 47 is 15-21 November.

I ordered my car last weekend and was provisionally given a build week 49 (first week Dec). The dealer said that because it's a confirmed customer order (as opposed to the dealer just putting in an order for stock) that it would most likely be brought forward. The dealer estimated delivery around the beginning of December.

We would probably be better off asking current owners who've just recently taken delivery how long their orders actually took rather than relying on wildly varying quoted delivery times :)

Well I ordered a Scout on 24th August (I think) and it got built last week and is awaiting a ferry trip as I type. *edit* I know this because I now have a chassis number.

Edited by foo

Well I ordered a Scout on 24th August (I think) and it got built last week and is awaiting a ferry trip as I type. *edit* I know this because I now have a chassis number.

I ordered my Scout almost 3 weeks earlier and they've just bolted mine together now (carefully i hope ;))

not sure its a logical thing

Just to add my details to the mix. I ordered a petrol Vrs estate with a few bits and pieces on 5 September and was given a build date last week of Wk49. However, as had been mentioned in other posts, there was a recently added note to say that it was highly likley that the build date would come forward.

I hope not too far forward I quite like the sound of the XDS being added from Wk45.