2010 Fabia vRS 178 BHP petrol

Always half empty. Always. :)

I'm surprised you even have a glass!! :rofl:

I think the Mk2 VRS is playing a different game to the Mk1.

While the Fabia VRS/Polo GT/Ibiza Sport 130 (nee FR) were frugal fun to top the range (until the Cupra Ibiza arrived I know) stealing the new Cupra/FR/Polo R platform (which is arguably already behind chassis like the Clio 200 Cup) and adding a cutesy body with (probably) questionable "aggresive" body kit could be "interesting" to say the least

Although a DSG might give it a unique (to VAG at least) selling point

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AFAIK the mk 2 fabia is a re-vamp of the mk1 platform but the new polo/ibiza are a much newer design. Anyone care to correct me?:confused:

Nope. The Mk2 Fabia was the first car to use the new platform, followed by the New Polo and Ibiza.

The only thing I can see, is if they give it a manual box and drop £1500 off the price, so circa £14,000?

That would make it the "cheaper" option.

Which is why it won't be £16k... the Ibiza is £16k so the Fabia will be less :rolleyes:

i'm not so sure it will be tbh-autocar this week reveal it will be 16k after all, exactly the same as the cupra. I don't see how skoda can charge less unless they don't spec the xds system and drop all the niceties like hill hold, climate control, electric everything and just try and sell it as a practical hot hatch with 5 doors.

I love the old vrs and was thinking of new one as I don't need a big car anymore but the looks of the cupra mean i increasingly think its likely i'll go for the cupra-I can't see the new vrs looking as modern and its got the old vrs tag line 'practical and exciting' writtten all over it, especially for a 40 year old who wants speed and good handling but dosen't want to go on a track or look like a 12 year old street racer:)

Just as we were lamenting the lack of a diesel option, they announce that the Ibiza FR will have a diesel option. Manual box too!

Seat to expand hot hatch line-up - Car and Car-Buying News - What Car?

So, I wonder if they will do the same with the VRS?

yes eventually I would have thought if Seat are doing it, but that's only the 138bhp 2.0 engine, most mk1 fabias are that (140BHP) anyway so there aint no way i'm going to spend the best part of £16000 on something that may be more refined but give me not much more performance and there is no way going to be the 168BHP engine in there, which is a shame, some will always like the Octavia and some will always like the Fabia so I don't understand why they cant share the same high powered engine? some don't want an octavia sized car so a decent diesel in a fabia would be perfect, no?

I dont see Skoda losing many sales to Seat, the cars are visually miles apart. An awful lot of people want a conservatively styled car, which the Fabia is and not the other extreme which the Seats are.

Its all opinion so far, some like the Mk2 Fabia and some dont, some like diesel and others petrol... lets wait and see how it looks and drives and then see what happens;)

Anyways, they wont do an estate version, so its irrelevant:rofl:

Not sure if it's been posted but here's a link to Skoda's video for you Fabia nutters.

Went out in a members fabia about a year ago, same engine as my Superb but handles far better, was impressive. Can imagine they're a fair bit of fun around towns.

? If I wanted to get to 60 as quickly as possible I'd just buy a better car. DSG is a waste of time in a warm small hatch. It's just more to go wrong for no real gain.

QUOTE OF THE YEAR "DSG IS A WASTE OF TIME!"

Mate if you only knew. I would really look into that. I watched a japenese video of the drift king (cant rember his name) attempt to beat a DSG GOLF GTi with a Manual GOLF GTI. He is one of the smoothest and fastest gear swoppers in the world. And altho the DSG adds extra weight. It simply DESTROYED!! The manual. Its not as involved to work with. But as a method of going from A-B quickly there is no doubt in my mind that the DSG is the daddy. People who think otherwise are uneducated on the matter. Its FASTER! End OF!

Cough, not a MK5 FR TDi Ibiza... ?! Ohh just like I said 2 weeks ago in this thread ;)

Anyway thats a interesting like because im pretty sure they were down at the same PR gig for Seat I was, and when I 'asked' about the FR TDi coming out next year, Mike (Head of PR & Marketing) for Seat, and he didnt rule out the CR 1.6 being used with some 'tweaked' performance. Tho, I pretty much said it will be the 2.0 version, which IMHO is a alot better that the gutless 1.6CR

I wouldnt rule out a manual 2.0 (nooo not the awesome MK1 2.0!) TDi coming in at 14k by 2011 depending on the market, as said the UK does buy 'performance' but the rest of europe DONT.

AFAIK the mk 2 fabia is a re-vamp of the mk1 platform but the new polo/ibiza are a much newer design. Anyone care to correct me?:confused:

The Fabia mk2 is a re-vamp of the mk1 as you say (I guess because the mk1 was the the first to use the platform in the first place and so went to a mk2 first). I'm nearly certain the new Ibiza and now the Polo, by coming after the Fabia, do have a new platform. The wheelbase is 7mm longer (not much!), but I think is a bit wider too.

As Babs said too expensive: make dsg an option and give us a manual for two grand cheaper and I might consider it as that little 1.4 sounds good. Would still prob go for a Clio with 30bhp more and a cracking chassis for the same dosh. Won't be a niche car like the old mark1.

That's what a warranty's for :rofl:

Anyway, anyone who buys one straight away needs their head examining IMO. Give them time to iron out the creases and early niggles first. I'd always say give them 18 months of a new model first; perhaps this can be brought down to 12 with modern manufacturing methods...

Steve