What did you do to your Skoda today?

RobClubley

You're engine bay looks ace! I'm a bit of a fussy arse when it comes to keeping my car clean and although my engine bay is clean, I think it could look a bit better. I'll certainly give the Muc Off degreaser a go.

Just out of interest, was it a main dealer from which you got your car? I only ask as I'm in Formby and curious as to which dealer it was you got it from.

Cheers

Dave.

Gordon Lamb Skoda Derby

Not to impressed to be honest they didn't even valet it properly before i picked it up inside had cobwebs on it and I'm almost certain the person who *give it a wipe* used a cloth that had grit in it because there are scratches that weren't there when i test drove it.

Gordon Lamb Skoda Derby

Not to impressed to be honest they didn't even valet it properly before i picked it up inside had cobwebs on it and I'm almost certain the person who *give it a wipe* used a cloth that had grit in it because there are scratches that weren't there when i test drove it.

Once you've bought the car they aren't great.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Once you've bought the car they aren't great.

yeah well i have let them know what i think of their branch when they sent me a customer satisfaction letter. I phoned them strait away and they best be sorting my windscreen  :envy:

• Like 2

Dreadful mate.

I absolutely abhor buying cars and for the very reasons you state. Dealers promise you the earth before you sign on the dotted line, then drop you like a hot potato when you have a problem.

I've been lucky with my current motor, which has been faultless for the past three years. However, I put that down to being fortunate with the build quality of the car and nothing to do with the dealership I bought it from.

yeah well i have let them know what i think of their branch when they sent me a customer satisfaction letter. I phoned them strait away and they best be sorting my windscreen :envy:

I found the sales guys OK, even after I got the car. It was the service people who weren't so stellar. I found the salesman more help in sorting issues than the service people.

But Gordon Lamb do seem to cycle staff round the various dealerships so no guarantee staff will stay for any length of time.

I had the upper hand because i went and viewed the car just as it come in so they didn't have time to tart it up and cover up all the marks that they would have normally tarted up before putting it on the forecourt. So there where a few marks that i pointed out that i wanted fixing and one of them was the windscreen, it had a chip in it i wanted it replacing because i knew i would have trouble with it,  so they said we will talk to our windscreen guy who comes and sorts all of their cars and if he says it needs replacing then we will replace it and if he says it is repairable then he will just fill it like any normal repair.

Anyway long story short they didn't replace the glass just filled the chip *really bad repair* but after traveling 100 miles 2 hours to pick it up i had kinda no option to argue the fact i weren't happy with it .

So when i get it home i take it to local AutoGlass and the manager come out and looked it it he confirmed it hasn't been done properly stating (chip repair has grey corners its not a perfect art it varies all the time) but he did say this one has been done wrong. He proceeded to run a piece of a4 paper over it to see if it was smooth or it would catch and it actually chipped a piece of the so called *repair* out of the screen? 

In touch with the dealership now so see what happens.

Dreadful mate.

I absolutely abhor buying cars and for the very reasons you state. Dealers promise you the earth before you sign on the dotted line, then drop you like a hot potato when you have a problem.

I've been lucky with my current motor, which has been faultless for the past three years. However, I put that down to being fortunate with the build quality of the car and nothing to do with the dealership I bought it from.

Just had climate control service with anti bacterial done at ats euromaster with a voucher from amazon local for 32 quid very impressed nice and cold and smells fresh skoda wanted 75 for this when it had its 3rd year service.

Booked it in for an MOT on Saturday. Booked at a pure MOT garage as I don't trust other garages not to invent work to try and get more money out of me!

Fingers crossed!

Booked it in for an MOT on Saturday. Booked at a pure MOT garage as I don't trust other garages not to invent work to try and get more money out of me!

Fingers crossed!

Thats why it helps to know the tester ;)

Nothing exciting :(

A couple of meetings, one in Longbride and the other in Luton.

They pay me a decent amount if I drive so worth quickly putting her back together, quick dust off outside, then a dust off inside ;)

Nothing exciting :(

A couple of meetings, one in Longbride and the other in Luton.

They pay me a decent amount if I drive so worth quickly putting her back together, quick dust off outside, then a dust off inside ;)

wouldn't it be cheaper to jump the train?

Used it to take a load of stuff to the tip, then collected a load of leaves from work - put in one of those big building supplies bags that pretty much filled the back of the Yeti, even with the seats tumbled forwards. Went back for another load of leaves (leaf mould for the back garden) then gave the car a wash with my new pressure washer (the old one went pop). Then this afternoon I cleaned all the interior glass and putting Rain-X Anti-fog on them, and putting a coat of Carlack86 on the windscreen. Finally got round to hoovering the inside. Still got some more to do tomorrow, but at least for the moment it looks good :)