Yeti - Forum Members Picture Thread

Krooked

I went up Hardknott pass in Easter with Yoda, only disconcerting thing was trying to over take cyclist going up the pass (and I am a cyclist), Yoda pulled up the hairpins like a demon.

Black Sheep Inn? was superb down from the Roman Fort.

Black Sheep Inn? Do you mean the Woolpack Inn?

• 3 weeks later...

Took the SM up the A5 Nant Ffrancon valley to Llyn Ogwen. Took this from the track going up to Tryfan, but didn't go much higher as I couldn't see the car to take its photo (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it).

gallery_80615_568_47111.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

We'll be in Llangollen in three weeks time, so might venture out your way. It's been ages since I've been close - had friends in Llanbadarn Fynydd when I was at Uni. We passed by on the coast side on a holiday to Fishguard shortly after getting the Octavia, so I feel the Yeti needs to get out that way too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Our new car is a Carnivore,

I'm not sure if this was a halloween joke or what, the sales guy was certainly surprised and the sales manager was not at all impressed.

As part of the handover the salesman opened the bonnet and was somewhat mystified by the lump of spine and ribs that were lodged by the battery box.

I wondered how good the PDI must have been to have overlooked the remains.

No-one could come up with a plausible explanation, so i'm guessing our car has some ghoulish tendencies.

carnivore.jpg

Are all new car owners as paranoid about car parks and other cars as us?

car_park.jpg

On a wet sunday we splashed around some of the lakes and every so often stopped to jump out ans take pictures...

wetbuttermere.jpg

On the Monday the sun came out so we drove over the Wrynose and Hardknott passes, stunning scenery and a fun road to drive.

Here is Gott, pausing for breath before the assault..

beforetheassault.jpg

A video of part of the ascent, apologies for the excitable commentary by the co-driver!

I'm sure it looks faster than it actually was...

• Like 4

We followed Gott over the Wrynose-Hardknott Passes (in that order) two or three hours later, by when the sky had clouded over. Here's Annie, with our family's Volvo, at Hardknott Castle.

Hardknott01.jpg

We actually had another, unarranged, UK16"SpecialClub Meet just down the hill in the Dalegarth carpark a while later!

• 1 month later...

My goodness! How did that happen?! :giggle:

It does happen occasionally[1], if you catch them unawares, but agreed it's a rare sight. Mine got washed on Saturday and is back to being plastered with mud and salt again :wall:

[1] see post #680 on the previous page - http://www.briskoda....60#entry2893684

Edited by dbg400

....see post #680 on the previous page ....

Ah, Yes - I'd forgotten that one.

I have to admit that m'Lady insisted on us washing Annie last week but it was too dark to get a pic when we'd finished, even if we'd wanted to. We went out that evening and the following morning, in daylight, Annie was nicely grubby again. :giggle: