2006 Octavia VRS Green Brake Calipers

Hi all

I am looking for a used Octavia VRS Petrol and noticed that pre2007 they have green brake calipers. Were there any other changes that I should know about in 2007 that may sway me to choose a later year (2007 onwards) and stay away from 2006 (not that the colour of the brake calipers would sway my decision).

Thanks

56 plate onwards had red brake calipers and the MP3 stream head unit.

I think 08 models onwards came with jumbo box with aux in, 18 inch wheels, cruise control, rear electric windows as standard whereas they were options before that date, somebody will hopefully correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by peter0976

I think 08 models onwards came with jumbo box with aux in, 18 inch wheels, cruise control, rear electric windows as standard whereas they were options before that date, somebody will hopefully correct me if I'm wrong.

My 08 doesn't have cruise; but I think 58 onwards did.

I bought a 56 plate Octy VRS over a later model. It was mainly down to the fact that the 56 plate had only covered 18700 miles since new. The 57 plates I saw had done 30,000 miles plus. All the items you have mentioned can be retro fitted and at not much cost. For example, Im going to get cruise fitted soon by Shark Performance. But am not bothered by having rear electric windows. Mainly as I'm always in front driving seat lol Anyhow I think the green calipers look better than the red ones. I dont know why Skoda changed the colour?

Was there a major change in the petrol engine or suspension from 06 to 09? For petrol, I am looking at a 18k mileage 2006 reg and a 5k mileage 2009 reg and there is only £3,000 difference in price. I am wondering whether to go £3k higher (which will be above my ideal budget) and get the 2009 or stick to my budget and get a 2006. Or will the extra £3k be worth it with the newer car over the long run?

Cheers

The engine has changed from the interior updated versions (late 08) on. First TFSI was beltdriven next generation is a TSI which is chaindriven.

Edited by magic62

My 07 plate came with jumbo box with aux in, 18 inch wheels, rear electric windows and dual zone climate control as free options. Cruise was still a cost option at April 2007.

Does anyone have any idea if with the new "10" registration coming in next week there is likely to be an influx of 2-3 year old used cars on the market?

I'd say quite likely as some people on 3 year PCP deals may be replacing their cars and the current VAT free offer on new Octavias is an incentive to do it now.

I am looking for a used Octavia VRS Petrol and noticed that pre2007 they have green brake calipers. Were there any other changes that I should know about in 2007

Probably worth doing a quick search as this has been discussed a few times before. Majority are mentioned below e.g. green brake calipers turned red, stream stereo turned into stream MP3, jumbo box freebie pack was included with rear windows and climate etc. There's also different maxi-dot menu items on the later cars where you have more control about switching things on and off.

Not necessarily, depends on the build date of the car - mine's an 07 plate for example but is 06 spec with green calipers etc.

Anyhow I think the green calipers look better than the red ones. I dont know why Skoda changed the colour?

I would guess it was a cost saving exercise as they can rob parts from the mk5 GTI? Maybe.

I think the green calipers look better than the red ones.

Totally agree. Wish mine had green calipers; if I knew how to change them and had the cash I'd get green ones. Would love to see what they look like on a white one. Don't know why Skoda changed them. Probably cost; all the other VAG cars with the same brakes are red.

the skoda green is a hallmark of there rally days, the colour was dropped by the vag group to make things easyer as the golf has red paint. ( i have a 56 plate with green calipers and i think all skoda RS cars should have green calipers this is what Victor would have wanted )

Hi all

I am looking for a used Octavia VRS Petrol and noticed that pre2007 they have green brake calipers. Were there any other changes that I should know about in 2007 that may sway me to choose a later year (2007 onwards) and stay away from 2006 (not that the colour of the brake calipers would sway my decision).

Thanks

DSC00039.jpg Mine was 56 plate but had 18" wheels , jumbo box , but no mp3 socket, Rear electric windows and cruise and green calipers. Much cooler than red. Peter0976 get yourself some Vrs mats ,Paper in passenger side and rubber covering your throttle pedal is not good . Incidentally does anyone know where to get green caliper touch up?

There were temporary mats the day I picked it up, it now has skoda rubber mats over the vrs mats to keep them clean.

Hammerite used to make a good match for the vRS green, but it is like rocking horse poo now.

I have two setts the originals with silver piping that came with car new, and then i put VRS ones in <kept in boot> when no salt or raining .My wife and kids think I`m mad

:giggle:

The engine has changed from the interior updated versions (late 08) on. First TFSI was beltdriven next generation is a TSI which is chaindriven.

Where all Petrol vRS Engines not TFSI? There was a TSI but don't recall the vRS getting it.

Only the Diesel changed from PD to CR. Although there was some sort of sorftware update for smooth running, mine felt quicker after it, but more thirsty.

Btw Just checked http://www.skoda.co.uk/ and if you go to Octavia - Facts & Figures - Performance and pick out vRS it shows it as TFSI

Edited by GAFF

DSC00039.jpg

Methinks they are Anthracite; I've seen this car numerous times in real life and the wheels look really nice in that colour on that car.

And bluvrs2 - I'm very jealous that you've worked out how to post a photo; I just cannot work it out for toffee! Perhaps you could PM me and share the wealth!

Edited by willskoda

Where all Petrol vRS Engines not TFSI? There was a TSI but don't recall the vRS getting it.

Only the Diesel changed from PD to CR. Although there was some sort of sorftware update for smooth running, mine felt quicker after it, but more thirsty.

Btw Just checked http://www.skoda.co.uk/ and if you go to Octavia - Facts & Figures - Performance and pick out vRS it shows it as TFSI

Since the interior facelifted version a newer version was used. The EA888 engine instead of the older EA113. Main difference was that the newer engine is based on the 1.8 TSI and is chaindriven.

The higher output T(F)SI engines (S3, TTS etc) are still based on the beltdriven EA113.

The VAG group itself uses TSI and TFSI at random.

Since the interior facelifted version a newer version was used. The EA888 engine instead of the older EA113. Main difference was that the newer engine is based on the 1.8 TSI and is chaindriven.

The higher output T(F)SI engines (S3, TTS etc) are still based on the beltdriven EA113.

The VAG group itself uses TSI and TFSI at random.

I thought when the interior facelift came out the CR diesel was available to order alongside the PD engine, but the EA113 engine was used until the exterior facelift came out - exterior facelift onwards the EA888 TSI engine (Badged TFSI here in the uk i believe) is used and the EA113 has been dropped by Skoda UK. Just my 2p, hope someone can correct me if i'm wrong.

Ian