VRS options

What options are worth adding to the VRS? Are the lthr seats worth the 800 extra?What about the xenons?

Heated seats - they're well worth it (especially as I managed to blag them for free). emoticon-0103-cool.gif

The standard seats are part leather and very comfortable in my opinion, so personally I didn't think the leather upgrade worth it when I ordered. The only thing I would change if I could turn back the clock is to spec xenons - the standard lights were surprisingly disappointing, and I've already upgraded the bulbs, which has improved things a lot.

My son's a rozzer and has seen the results of a few side impact RTAs and virtually forced me to spec curtain airbags.

Bob

--

tough call are they worth it..................only you can actually make a call on that. Does the full leather do it for you or do you prefer the standard seats? Coming from a fabia vRS I did not want any light parts on the seats so I opted for the full leather with heated seats..................in my mind well worth the money.

I would say yes to xenons totally different driving experience with them!

Bah if I could have had leather for £700 when I bought I'd have bitten his hand off.

Leather

Cruise

Maxi-dot

Thanks to everyone who has responded.I do think curtain airbags are a must and the full size spare but am still unconvinced about the full leather. Xenons a yes methinks.Thanks again.

Bah if I could have had leather for £700 when I bought I'd have bitten his hand off.

Leather

Cruise

Maxi-dot

Cruise control comes as standard on the vRS

Definately the leather I was well impressed with the quality........ the standard seats with the light coloures front are a nightmare if you have small kids with dirty shoes.

Spare wheel is a must !

I didn't have the maxidot and dont feel I missed out.....

Light output for me not an issue the standards seem fine....

Shame Skoda dont offer manufacturer backed and warranted Remaps like Volvo and Saab do... they would do a good trade.

Would say Xenons are a must have, IMHO

i went for full heated leather

maxi dot

auto lights & wipers

xenons i was going to get but only use the car every now and then on a night so i opted out on this

• 4 weeks later...

I've just ordered mine in time to meet the VAT free deal (though I guess it'll be extended) to the following spec:

Octavia vRS Estate diesel manual with the following options:

Metallic paint (race blue - of course)

Leather

Heated Seats

Xenon

Auto dimming rear view mirror & light assist

Floor mats

Rear parking sensors

Full size spare

Maxidot

MDI

Sunset privacy glass

Sunroof

Couldn't resist saying yes to all those options as the price is so good (under £20K all in) ;)

The only thing that p****s me off is the lack of multi-function steering wheel. Why Skoda can't sort one out is beyond me, seeing as there are plenty of 3 spoke msf's floating around the VW/Audi/Skoda ranges.

Will also be removing my OEM GSMII bt kit out of my existing vRS and fitting to the new one so that I can use my iphone in the car (legally - well until NuLiebour make it illegal to talk in cars!)

Whats everybodys view on black or siver roof rails. I thought the silver were std coz in all literature and all pics from Skoda....bur mine (race blue) has black. Looks OK but a bit annoyed with myself for missing that one. Do most folk add on to options ?