build week

Ordered vRS 5th May

Spoke to my dealer today

Confirmed build week : 26

Car to arrive at dealers approx 3 weeks after

Making it late July.

Longest month waiting to collect it while it is in there :(

How come here in Ireland they get a sooner build date than the UK ??

Are our ones higher spec as standard or something :giggle:

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ordered vRS 5th May

Spoke to my dealer today

Confirmed build week : 26

Car to arrive at dealers approx 3 weeks after

Making it late July.

Longest month waiting to collect it while it is in there :(

How come here in Ireland they get a sooner build date than the UK ??

Are our ones higher spec as standard or something :giggle:

you don't - my build date was given to me within a week of ordering. Its all dependant on your dealer

I didnt mean that

What I was saying was that on the same week I ordered my one, Somebody else on here ordered one and got a build date of week 33 or something. and I got week 26. :wonder:

you don't - my build date was given to me within a week of ordering. Its all dependant on your dealer

Its not always down to the dealer as I understand it, It depends on parts availability & that is effected by the spec you have ordered.

As I understand it Skoda enter your order into a computer, it checks the availability of every part for that car with supplkiers, assigns the bits to your car & spits out a date.

Its not always down to the dealer as I understand it, It depends on parts availability & that is effected by the spec you have ordered.

As I understand it Skoda enter your order into a computer, it checks the availability of every part for that car with supplkiers, assigns the bits to your car & spits out a date.

Ordered it only with Leather options

What I am wondering is are the Irish ones built to a different spec and thus only need the leather as the optional extras?

does anyone have the standard spec for the UK models to make a comparison ?

and it depends on the dealer as to when they tell you when the build date is provisioned :p

I didnt mean that

What I was saying was that on the same week I ordered my one, Somebody else on here ordered one and got a build date of week 33 or something. and I got week 26. :wonder:

My Scout was ordered on March 31st and I have a build week of week31 :(

I still aint got a build date - almost a month after ordering (ordered on 20th March).. Should I be worried?

Got some great news this morning! :yes:

vRS ordered on 19th April, initially given build week 31, so pick-up end of Aug/start of Sept.

Been told this morning that due to Skoda putting an extra line into action at the factory, my build week is now week 25!!! :p :)

So, likely to be able to collect mid-July now. B)

I wonder how many more emoticons I can use in this post........? Some unrelated ones perhaps...... :'( :( :dull::giggle:

Last year when I ordered mine, the dealer wanted my insurance info for the tax on the car, I decided to drive up and give it them personally and not have it lost in the post or something, so I toddled off the the dealership and gave the sales guy my insurance docs and he said, go take a look around the back.

I walked around the back to see my brand new baby, gleaming in the sun, only to be told, to get back in my rover and trot on for another week until hand over....

I was GUTTED and couldn't understand what the hell they had to do in the space of a week :p

Suggestion, if you do the same, go in to the dealership before hand over day, DONT LOOK FOR YOUR CAR :p

Last year when I ordered mine, the dealer wanted my insurance info for the tax on the car, I decided to drive up and give it them personally and not have it lost in the post or something, so I toddled off the the dealership and gave the sales guy my insurance docs and he said, go take a look around the back.

I walked around the back to see my brand new baby, gleaming in the sun, only to be told, to get back in my rover and trot on for another week until hand over....

I was GUTTED and couldn't understand what the hell they had to do in the space of a week :p

Suggestion, if you do the same, go in to the dealership before hand over day, DONT LOOK FOR YOUR CAR :p

I might struggle with that because: -

1. I'm too childish not to look; and

2. It's loaded, so I'm pretty certain it'll be sat in the showroom. :smirk:

Got some great news this morning! :yes:

vRS ordered on 19th April, initially given build week 31, so pick-up end of Aug/start of Sept.

Been told this morning that due to Skoda putting an extra line into action at the factory, my build week is now week 25!!! :p :)

So, likely to be able to collect mid-July now. B)

I wonder how many more emoticons I can use in this post........? Some unrelated ones perhaps...... :'( :( :dull::giggle:

oooh, curious.

I might have to give my dealer a call and ask

Scout with extras ordered 12th Feb

At the dealers TODAY :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Congrats! Still waiting on a call relating to mine.

I ordered a 1.6tdi Octavia Elegance on the 22nd of feb - reckon I'll be lucky if I hear about mine next week, nevermind this week.

And I was hoping to have it for my trip to Dublin on the 25th of this month.

Ordered last week in April. Called dealer today to see if they had a build date and apparently it's week 22 so only another 4 weeks until I have it apparently. That's fast!

Gone for an L & K Estate with just about every extra going I think.

Notaddicted - I ordered mine on the 5th of May. called yesterday and got told there was no build date, but it was still expected on the 5th of August.

you should be pleased it is a week 22 car, so that you get the yr11 car.

Where in the country are you?

I have also ordered an L &K.

Notaddicted - I ordered mine on the 5th of May. called yesterday and got told there was no build date, but it was still expected on the 5th of August.

you should be pleased it is a week 22 car, so that you get the yr11 car.

Where in the country are you?

I have also ordered an L &K.

Gloucester

Phoned showroom for a build week, but they still didn't have one - over a month since I ordered it.. In fact there was nothing even scheduled on the system.

Now I know of 3 other people who have ordered brand new cars (one was a top of the range S-Line Audi) from VAG and they all had build dates within 2 weeks..

So this got me thinking, surely Skoda cannot be that bad at scheduling builds? So I called Skoda UK and within 2 hours they had not only schedule for it, but a build week and an estimated delivery date (+ / - 1 week).

Top play to Skoda UK - but the dealership, unless they do something pretty bloody briliant or chuck in some freebies, gets a thumbs down from me..

Week 25 Build - for a 1.6 CR Elegance Estate with a few nice options..

Pics when I get it - and after seeing what Baker 21 (and a few others can do on here) I really need to get it in for good detailing.