New VRS 2.0 tfsi - Rattling noise

Hi,

I have a similar issue with my Skoda Octavia 2012 VRS Estate TSI 2.0 DSG

However, looking at some videos of this issue on YouTube, it seems that the issue should be reproducible when the car is stationary.

My rattle happens at around 2.5k revs just before the DSG box changes up a gear but doesn't do it when rev testing parked on the drive. Started a year ago when coming back from a long trip to France. Oddly, it doesn't seem to do it when the DSG box is in sport mode (although could be that it just powers through the 2.5k rev zone too quickly to notice it)

Any ideas?

Thanks

Wastegate linkage rattle as mentioned earlier in the thread. You need clip 06J145220A fitting to the linkage. Two minute job (from under the car)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Sorry to trawl up an old thread, I've had the clipon mine and tbh it's made no difference (unless it's fell off).

Would replacing the actuator with a forge upgraded product fix this?

http://www.awesomegti.com/black-friday/forge-upgrade-actuator-for-vag-2-0tfsi-ko3/

• 2 months later...

Rather than go through the hassle of booking my car in at the dealers, for them to tell me I have to come back after they order a clip, and then letting one of their fitters loose on my car, I bought the clip and fitted it myself (£14.46).

Another one now rattle free, although it didn't really bother me too much. If you drive the DSG 'normally' it changes at 2000 revs so it didn't rattle anyway.

Bit of a resurrection but if you're still on the forum could you please indicate where you got the part for £14.46???  Seems like they are £60 plus - $65 in the US.  Must be the most expensive spring clip I've ever heard of!

Just noticed this rattle in my 2011 vRS TSI. Thought it was detonation pinging initially then an ancilliary part rattle but now, having read this helpful thread, feel pretty sure it is this. 

Bit of a resurrection but if you're still on the forum could you please indicate where you got the part for £14.46??? Seems like they are £60 plus - $65 in the US. Must be the most expensive spring clip I've ever heard of!

Just noticed this rattle in my 2011 vRS TSI. Thought it was detonation pinging initially then an ancilliary part rattle but now, having read this helpful thread, feel pretty sure it is this.

I bought it from TPS but it was at dealer rates. I don't know what the full retail price was at the time.

• Like 1

I bought it from TPS but it was at dealer rates. I don't know what the full retail price was at the time.

OK thanks for the speedy reply. Will call a dealer and see what they say first hand rather than what the internet is saying. Tks 

OK thanks for the speedy reply. Will call a dealer and see what they say first hand rather than what the internet is saying. Tks 

The part number is 06J145220A and you can get them off Ebay 13 quid.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Engine-Turbo-Clip-Fastener-Rod-Clip-Retainer-VW-Golf-Passat-Audi-06J145220A-/252386092431?hash=item3ac362258f:g:Q0AAAOSwHJhXMxTw

Or search for the part number and there are cheaper ones from China.

• Like 1

The part number is 06J145220A and you can get them off Ebay 13 quid.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Engine-Turbo-Clip-Fastener-Rod-Clip-Retainer-VW-Golf-Passat-Audi-06J145220A-/252386092431?hash=item3ac362258f:g:Q0AAAOSwHJhXMxTw

Or search for the part number and there are cheaper ones from China.

Excellent. Champion. Thanks

Just to close out current part price. Rang VW dealer - VW supplied item is £19,47 without any discounts. So have orderered one.  Still seems a lot for a bit of folded spring steel but if it fixes the noise, it'll be money well spent.  Looks like this part is one that is a lot more in US of A unlike, from what I can tell, Inlet Manifolds and some other VW parts which seem a lot cheaper over the Alantic..

• 3 months later...