saw a yeti!

lee67

Just back from a long weekend in Czech for a wedding coupled with visits to family & friends.... saw lots of Yeti billboard ads but very few Yetis in the flesh. Excluding ones we saw on dealer forecourts we counted only 4 in total on the road. There is also one on display at Prague airport (right opposite passport control!)

Felicias / Fabias / Octavias / Superbs on the other hand - 10 a penny!

Edited by yellowyeller

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Missus parked next to a red Yeti at McDonalds near Kettering yesterday evening.

She's starting to come around liking it - albeit only colours that "stand out", e.g. red (but not colours that stand out too much, e.g. tangerine!)

Mines red and I agree it stands out much better than the mettalics.

I hve seen 3 yetis on the raod in the 2 months I have had mine, one in Northumberland when we were on holiday in early July going the other way, one in Leeds the following week crossing past me at some traffic lights, and one yesterday. We pulled out of Chatsworth house yesterday and merged in a couple of cars behind a 59reg muscovada one going past, nearly had a convoy except for 2 cars between. Must have been a higher powered one as it left me behind easily.

I've been driving all over south London and walking around central London and I have seen one a week ago in Regents Park. Are there really none around south London?

Or am I blind?.....

Seems our paths haven't crossed.....

Saw my first one for ages two weeks ago, a corrida red in the back streets around Wimbledon, gave a flash and wave but no responce - it was at a 'tricky' junction though so half forgiven :D

Seems our paths haven't crossed.....

Saw my first one for ages two weeks ago, a corrida red in the back streets around Wimbledon, gave a flash and wave but no responce - it was at a 'tricky' junction though so half forgiven :D

I'll keep my eyes peeled!

Mike

I'll keep my eyes peeled!

Mike

Out and about all the way to Gants Hill (very foriegn land) today, all the way round the S & N circulars - if you know what I mean - not a Yeti in sight, in all 5 and1/2 hours driving !

just managed over 30 mpg and don't laugh you oil burning types, did however surprise some 'fast ford' and BMW drivers at the traffic light grand prix. :giggle::giggle:

PS Tend to be out day-time not usually rush hour. :no:

Finally saw another Yeti, over 2 months since we collected ours. Parked in car park at Sainsbury Supermarket, at Team Valley Gateshead, Platinum Grey 170 hp, I guess. ( Red d & i ). Parked my Muscavado beastie right along beside it. So there was a veritable glut there for a while.

I found the same, 500 miles to Leeds and back, saw none on the journey up and only 2 on the way back. A grey or silver one , northbound on the M1 in Leicestershire around lunchtime and a Capuccino one clockwise on the M25 around Heathrow, early afternoon.

Aptly named indeed!

Saw a Blue 10 reg 140 SE in Whitemead holiday park (in the Forest of Dean) over the weekend. It was parked next to a touring caravan............. how's that for running it in :doh:

tom

You a CSMA member Tom?

Yup.

Was there camping with the Motorcycle Group. Next weekend we are at a hotel in Tiverton.

tom

Know a few of them as I'm on the national Motoring Committee!!

If you ever see Chris Devenish give hime my regards.

Graham

A blue Yeti with silver roof bars was spotted eastbound on the Edinburgh city bypass near Hillend on Tuesday September 21st around 14:30!

After an 800 mile trip from the East Riding of Yorkshire to Scotland and back, that was the only one we saw!

A blue Yeti with silver roof bars was spotted eastbound on the Edinburgh city bypass near Hillend on Tuesday September 21st around 14:30!

After an 800 mile trip from the East Riding of Yorkshire to Scotland and back, that was the only one we saw!

just returned from my trip to Cuba no yetis to be seen but looking at the age of the cars they drive it will be 30 + years before they get to test one :rofl:

It was so good to get back into the SM after 9hrs on one of Mr Bransons long haul busses (now have to catch up with all the posts from the last 2 weeks) maybe after some :zzz: