An antidote to colour-coded grilles Pt 2 - the pictures

As you quite properly say - it has to be done right :thumbup:

Shame you never made it either :doh:

It did make main cover, and 2 full features (6 and 8 pages) in 2 popular car magazines last year though because it was done right and not with bits done "for the sake" ;)

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It did make main cover, and 2 full features (6 and 8 pages) in 2 popular car magazines last year though because it was done right and not with bits done "for the sake" ;)

If you say so :wonder:

So the orange wheels presumably made it go faster, or improved the handling perhaps............and the matching chevrons must have added a few bhp as well B)

OK guys - give it your best shot :'(

The black grille is off for possible refurbishment when I can find the time, so.................

P1090675.jpg

P1090676.jpg

P1090677.jpg

P1090678.jpg

I hate to say it, but I could quite happily live with it :o

At least the car's not going to get nicked is it....plod might see that one coming.

If you say so :wonder:

So the orange wheels presumably made it go faster, or improved the handling perhaps............and the matching chevrons must have added a few bhp as well B)

The wheels were necessary to fit the 4 pot brakes behind, so in that respect yes, as well as the full Group N suspension and the chevrons were on a carbon fibre bonnet, so again, yes ;)

I could go on and on, but at the end of the day the saxo didn't look ridiculous.

Edited by craig180

The wheels were necessary to fit the 4 pot brakes behind, so in that respect yes, as well as the full Group N suspension and the chevrons were on a carbon fibre bonnet, so again, yes ;)

I could go on and on, but at the end of the day the saxo didn't look ridiculous.

My apologies - in my ignorance I forgot that you had to have orange wheels to fit 4-pot calipers

What colour would I need if I wanted to fit 6-pots ? :S

My apologies - in my ignorance I forgot that you had to have orange wheels to fit 4-pot calipers

What colour would I need if I wanted to fit 6-pots ? :S

My original point still stands, if you are going to introduce colours to a car there has to be some co-ordination.

My brother is a professional clown but he only wears his red nose for work, come on come clean you have photo -shopped it or you are having a midlife crisis!! :giggle:

My original point still stands, if you are going to introduce colours to a car there has to be some co-ordination.

P1080290.jpg

Yay - red calipers :thumbup:

You know what? I like it!

Same here. And wouldn't the last laugh be if it became a mainstream option? Kudos to the fashion leaders of this world and not to the rest of us fashion followers!

I just love the way that everyone thinks their taste is the best taste and denigrates anything different as 'chavvy'. :rofl:

BRIMMA!!.......GET A GRIP!!!

This coming from someone who thinks anthracite grey is THE vRS colour ! ;)

Big cheers to Rob and Cauliflower for their positive comments :thumbup:

And to most of the others :moon: :moon: :moon:

Kinda like it,

what about if just the verticals in the bottom grille were red too?

This coming from someone who thinks anthracite grey is THE vRS colour ! ;)

Big cheers to Rob and Cauliflower for their positive comments :thumbup:

And to most of the others :moon: :moon: :moon:

Ha ha ..love the moonies!! ;)

That's the single worst thing I have seen and I once saw a hamster get eaten to a python in my house when I was 6

If that's the worst thing you've seen you have led a sheltered life haven't you  :giggle: