Jumbo Box Armrest Height Adjustment

Well, it's only taken me 9 months of Octavia ownership to work out how to adjust the height of the armrest on the jumbo box :o

I had read about it in the manual (which in my slight defence isn't very well worded on the subject), but for the life of me couldn't figure out how to do it - until today. And then only by accident whilst attempting to retreive an elusive wine gum from it's air conditioned depths. It had never occurred to me that the clicking noise when opening the lid had any significance other than...well other than a clicking noise!

Impressed by my own ingenuity I am now trialling each of the available positions to see which one I like best B)

Well, it's only taken me 9 months of Octavia ownership to work out how to adjust the height of the armrest on the jumbo box :o

Impressed by my own ingenuity I am now trialling each of the available positions to see which one I like best B)

One never ceases to be amazed at technology

Just checked mine, and yes the height adjusts. Not sure I want to use it regularly though as it intereferes with handbrake and gear stick access IMHO.

But if I ever get tired elbows sitting in a traffic jam......emoticon-0105-wink.gif

This is the thing... once you find out and play with the various settings its not long before you realise that actually the best setting is with it down completely and the armrest all the way back so it doesn't get in the way! Nice gimmick though.

Down and all the way back for town driving or (ahem) spirited driving where there is a regular need to stir the cogs - I agree that it can hamper access to handbrake and gearlever.

But...

Up and all the way forward for motorway cruising - I find that with the right combination of armrest height, steering wheel angle and seat position you can settle into a nice comfy cruising position with right arm on the door-shut/armrest thingy and left arm on the jumbobox armrest, with both hands on the steering wheel just below quarter-past-nine.

Works for me, anyway!

B)

Down and all the way back for town driving or (ahem) spirited driving where there is a regular need to stir the cogs - I agree that it can hamper access to handbrake and gearlever.

But...

Up and all the way forward for motorway cruising - I find that with the right combination of armrest height, steering wheel angle and seat position you can settle into a nice comfy cruising position with right arm on the door-shut/armrest thingy and left arm on the jumbobox armrest, with both hands on the steering wheel just below quarter-past-nine.

Works for me, anyway!

B)

Yep agree with the above (three notches for me...) :thumbup:

Daily M4 commute routine when joining motorway:

1) Up 4 notches

2) Slide all the way forward

3) Set cruise control to ~81mph = M4 friendly 79mph by my GPS

4) Be bored

Wouldn't be without it TBH - my last few cars prior to the VRS all had arm rests and I'd be lost without it (hence why mine is a dodgy eBay retro fit) - on the motorway that is, never gets used around town.

Had my vRS for 14 months now and knew nowt about the arm rest adjustment thingy. A bit ashamed really! :blush:

Anyway its made the driving experience a better place. Especially now I can adjust the height and reach of the Jumbo box

Thanks people..

:D Lol i knew about this even before i got in to the skoda. Most arm rests work this way. But i was surprised that the arm rest in the new astra did not. And i almost broke it on a test drive trying to get the damn thing up :giggle: Edited by Darkside

I discovered it almost right from the start of owning by just playing around as you do with a new car,must admit it is a bit fiddly at first adjusting the height..I agree about the armrest not sliding forward far enough,well when i first had the car,i thought it was ok and comfortable,but now i go to slide it forward and it is already forward,just can't get comfortable like when i first had the car..

Well I'm somewhat relieved that I wasn't the only one who couldn't figure how this worked!

If they had called it angle adjustment rather than height adjustment then I might have had a clue, but I just naturally assumed that it would adjust at the back for height :S

Anyway, a week into my new discovery (and much of it spent pounding the motorway), fully forward and three clicks up is just about ideal - especially in combination with the cruise control.