Delivery Dates For Octavia Vrs

:rofl: Yippee!!! Just booked in to pick my new car up from Motorline Dartford on 22nd Dec!

That's almost exactly 6 months from my order date (Diesel, Anthracite + Leather).

Just hope we don't get any more blizzards, beginning to wish I'd gone for a Yeti this time....! :S

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update

was

Mid July.........Silver..............Hatch...........Manual................Diesel...........Week 46

now

Mid July.........Silver..............Hatch...........Manual................Diesel...........Standing @ dock waiving ticket at passing ships for a lift across the channel to the UK emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif

Edited by lfc958

Hi Steve,

Mine was build week 46 & it's now in the UK mate. Might be worth a phone call to your dealer! :wonder:

Thats where i just got info from, it was actually built last week & transported to dock ( wk 48 ) despite them keep telling me it would be wk 46.

Its passed customs & sitting waiting for SCHELDE HIGHWAY to get back to Emden to pick up.

After ordering on 7th May, finally have a confirmed delivery date of Wednesday 15th and can't wait!

VRS DSG Estate in Race Blue, with Leather, and more!

33 weeks from order to delivery!! Managed to get £300 of goodwill out of Skoda though :thumbup:

Mines been in the uk at the docks for the last ten days (Grimsby) and according to the dealer they can not moe them due to the weather still!!!! hoping it will be delivered to the dealer next week ready for collection before christmas

After ordering my race blue manual petrol full leather vRS on the 23rd of August..........i picked it up on Saturday...............love it! I spent the rest of Saturday and Sunday claying and polishing it with various primers/acrylics etc...........and it looks the dog's dangly bits!

Mines been in the uk at the docks for the last ten days (Grimsby) and according to the dealer they can not moe them due to the weather still!!!! hoping it will be delivered to the dealer next week ready for collection before christmas

Depends on your circumstances of course, but what I did about a year ago was wait to have it registered in January rather than December the previous year. It will be worth approx £400 more when I come to sell it as it will be a 2010 car not 2009

So without trawling through all 11 pages, is it the diesel engines that are suffering the longest delays versus the petrol cars?

Steve

I hope not Im planning on having mine in March (Hopefully)

Tim

After ordering on 7th May, finally have a confirmed delivery date of Wednesday 15th and can't wait!

VRS DSG Estate in Race Blue, with Leather, and more!

33 weeks from order to delivery!! Managed to get £300 of goodwill out of Skoda though :thumbup:

Was the dealer forthcoming with the £300 or did you have to "bring it to their attention"? I am approaching 25 week wait. Cheers.

New to the forum

On 7/12/10 I ordered a Corrida Red 170 Diesel with DSG, Leather, Bluetooth steering wheel, Curtain airbags, Dimming mirror and space saver tyre. I was quoted a build of week 8. Due to previous problems with a Mk1 Octavia I inserted a clause in the contract which stated I would be entitled to a full deposit refund if the car wasn't delivered by 7/3/11. At least this focus' the dealers mind and it gives you the choice if it's only a week or two late

Was the dealer forthcoming with the £300 or did you have to "bring it to their attention"? I am approaching 25 week wait. Cheers.

I had to ring Skoda UK, bit of back and forth, between the two, but got there eventually. A very helpful young lady called Sally! At the end of the day, its not the dealer fault, they are just the middle man who are no doubt just as frustrated as us with all these delays! It can't make their lives easy right now!

Basically, i've been allocated a goodwill claim number, then the dealer submits a claim to SUK with my reference on, they pay the dealer then I choose what I want!

At the end of the day, its a total bonus for me as this is a company car , so its made no real difference to me with it being delayed, just that I've had to drive round in my BMW for an extra few months!

Just had a call from the delivery driver.... its loaded up and he's on his way! Should be with me between 10 - 11 :rofl:

Only 33 weeks, order to delivery, and 15 weeks late!! Original delivery date 1st Sept!!!

Deano

That build week is only an estimate, it will get moved at least 3 times & you will not get a confirmed build date till 1 week before its actually going to be built, the delays are way out of the dealers control, its the parts supplies to the factory.

Expect a minimum of 18-20 weeks delivery. I would suggest you get your money back now, and go elswhere if you really expect to get the car by that date.

Just being realistic emoticon-0106-crying.gif

So without trawling through all 11 pages, is it the diesel engines that are suffering the longest delays versus the petrol cars?

Steve

Steve just look at first page table is all upto date so it will give you a idea. The table on the first page gets updatted constantly.

I had to ring Skoda UK, bit of back and forth, between the two, but got there eventually. A very helpful young lady called Sally! At the end of the day, its not the dealer fault, they are just the middle man who are no doubt just as frustrated as us with all these delays! It can't make their lives easy right now!

Basically, i've been allocated a goodwill claim number, then the dealer submits a claim to SUK with my reference on, they pay the dealer then I choose what I want!

At the end of the day, its a total bonus for me as this is a company car , so its made no real difference to me with it being delayed, just that I've had to drive round in my BMW for an extra few months!

Just had a call from the delivery driver.... its loaded up and he's on his way! Should be with me between 10 - 11 :rofl:

Only 33 weeks, order to delivery, and 15 weeks late!! Original delivery date 1st Sept!!!

Powelly125.

Cheers for that.

VRS DSG tdi Estate in diamond silver ordered 26 June. Car arrived at dealer yesterday.

I was getting frustrated until I spotted the little beauty today at the rear of the dealers. Wow!! emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

New to the forum

On 7/12/10 I ordered a Corrida Red 170 Diesel with DSG, Leather, Bluetooth steering wheel, Curtain airbags, Dimming mirror and space saver tyre. I was quoted a build of week 8. Due to previous problems with a Mk1 Octavia I inserted a clause in the contract which stated I would be entitled to a full deposit refund if the car wasn't delivered by 7/3/11. At least this focus' the dealers mind and it gives you the choice if it's only a week or two late

You'll be lucky to get a petrol by then if it's a factory order - never mind a diesel. :giggle:

Just phoned my dealer, details below:

Order Date ...............Colour................................Body Type......Transmisson......Fuel........................Production

7 Aug 10....................White..................................Hatch..............Manual.................Petrol.....................Week 49 (back from 46)

Extras: Maxidot, Xenons, Spare wheel, parking sensors (rear)

Late christmas present then......

Update - built, but awaiting a boat. Dealer say with Christmas it will probably be mid Jan before it's with me.

:'(

You'll be lucky to get a petrol by then if it's a factory order - never mind a diesel. :giggle:

Yep, have been looking to order this week and have been told by two seperate dealers that it'll be May or June before I see a diesel vRS ordered now.

I wouldn't have much faith in your dealer if he's letting you think that you'll get it in 10 weeks time.

Yep, have been looking to order this week and have been told by two seperate dealers that it'll be May or June before I see a diesel vRS ordered now.

I wouldn't have much faith in your dealer if he's letting you think that you'll get it in 10 weeks time.

I was told may or June for a scout ordered it a few days ago now found it will be built in march :yes:

Well the gloss is seriously starting to go now on delivery of my Silver vRS, so bad, that i was considering telling them where to stick it, I even resorted to looking at configurator of Focus, Astra & Mazda 3( which looks decent value).

The really annoying thing is that it was customs cleared at Emden on 8th Dec, as of yesterday 16th Dec the system said it was still @ Emden, confirmed buy SUK,( there have been 3 boat trips between the ports since 8th) and they were quoting 2-3 weeks delivery,( which should be 29th ) with delays due to weather, so it looks like I will get a 2011 reg.

The only slight up side is that I asked for a loan car from dealer yesterday which I'm hanging onto now.

Seriously fed up , as it will be 6 months on monday from order date.

Quick update..............

Now been put back to Build week 1 2011..

BOL***KS

Got call from SUK and now they say my little red devil was born on 13th December.......

Happy days,

Delivery in the new year ! ! ! !

How do I track her from the seaside ????

Got call from SUK and now they say my little red devil was born on 13th December.......

Happy days,

Delivery in the new year ! ! ! !

How do I track her from the seaside ????

Our dealer has advised (which coll-orates with the fleet tracker) a build during week 6 2011. However, went to a local Skoda Dealer to try and blag a test drive......and........

They advised that they had received a communication from Skoda advising a 6 month (yes 6 month) delay to all 2.0 CR TDi vehicles to be built after week 2 2011. The salesman went on to suggest that it was the EGR valve that was causing the problem and Bosch couldn't make them fast enough. I should point out that as far as he was concerned we were looking to buy a car! He also said that they expected further clarification on Tuesday. It has gone as far a people ordering the lower powered TDi's being offered the 1.6Tsi and £1000 to change (so he said).

Any one else heard anything similar?