1. 1. How many miles do you get on a tank

• Under 350
    • 350 - 400
    • 400 - 450
    • 450 - 500
    • 500 - 550
    • Over 550

Hi,

My 2 year old vRS CR has 39k on the clock and I'm struggling to break 400 miles on a tank.

I commute to work on the motorway and generally see high 40's or low 50's every day depending on traffic so I'd be expecting something closer to 500. It seems something isn't adding up!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Light comes on between 450 and 480, so should get 550 a tank.

I get low 50's regularly at the moment due to my motorway commute, but this will soon change as I am about to take a new job which is only... 5 miles away.

i'm only managing 44mpg on trip 2 which i reset everytime i fill up. Not impressed atm considering i got 56mpg on the 130mile drive home from the dealer with 6 miles on the clock and now the car has 8k!

Hi,

My 2 year old vRS CR has 39k on the clock and I'm struggling to break 400 miles on a tank.

I commute to work on the motorway and generally see high 40's or low 50's every day depending on traffic so I'd be expecting something closer to 500. It seems something isn't adding up!

Really?? On motorway use I will get 390-400 miles in my petrol vRS, showing 41-42 mpg on the MFD :S

Sadly yes :(

I think I need to get on the phone and see what they say.

Incidently, what fuel are you using? Try a couple of tanks of v-power diesel, just to see if it makes any difference :thumbup:

I was dead againt this whole "better fuel" thing, but i tried it and on motorway usage i get about 40-50 miles more out of a tank using tesco 99 or v-power :yes:

Incidently, what fuel are you using? Try a couple of tanks of v-power diesel, just to see if it makes any difference :thumbup:

I was dead againt this whole "better fuel" thing, but i tried it and on motorway usage i get about 40-50 miles more out of a tank using tesco 99 or v-power :yes:

I tend to buy at Sainsbury's.

Given that I'm putting in ~55L and making ~400M that's less than 35MPG, something is wrong.

I tend to buy at Sainsbury's.

Given that I'm putting in ~55L and making ~400M that's less than 35MPG, something is wrong.

I would say so :(

Well that's what the warranty is for!

If there is something wrong, maybe you could have a claim with Skoda because of all the extra fuel you have used :giggle:

Leaking fuel tank?

I considered this as it's one logical answer to the discrepancy between the two sets of values.

But surely I'd have noticed diesel on my drive, or the smell of diesel!

Car is going to Skoda this afternoon.

I considered this as it's one logical answer to the discrepancy between the two sets of values.

But surely I'd have noticed diesel on my drive, or the smell of diesel!

Car is going to Skoda this afternoon.

Indeed, but someone had to ask :D

My long term trip says 45mpg and I have used normal teso diesel from the start. The car has only done just over 2k miles so I expect improved figures as I put a few miles on. On my usual drive to and from work (10 miles on mix of A,B and motorway roads) I will get around 450 from full to red light but if I do a long run I can push that well over the 500 miles. So I am more than happy with the milage. My old PD VRS did around 420 miles on usual drive and then just about 500 on a long run. So the CR is a noiticable improvement and getting that with my 'inferior' supermarket standard diesel.

Last tank was filled at 551 miles and it took 51 litres, about 48.5 mpg, which had been 300 miles of motorway driving and about 250 miles driving round Norfolk.

When only running around locally normal fill about every 500 miles.

Have only ever run it on Shell diesel, tried the more expensive flavoured shell diesel, but it made no difference to the mpg.

Edited by antrich1968

Last tank was filled at 551 miles and it took 51 litres, about 48.5 mpg, which had been 300 miles of motorway driving and about 250 miles driving round Norfolk.

When only running around locally normal fill about every 500 miles.

Have only ever run it on Shell diesel, tried the more expensive flavoured shell diesel, but it made no difference to the mpg.

Skoda looked at the car today and apparently the DPF needs regenerating as there's a 'large ash mass'.

This strikes me as odd as the car does 60 miles a day on the motorway at exactly the right kind of speed to regenerate.

Last week the DPF light came on but after a 50 mile round trip was still on so it seems there is some kind of problem, the light went off overnight but it seems that a regen never happened.

Any advice/tips welcome.

Brand new VRS TDI only done 735miles but filled up today and mileage is approx 42mpg calculated. although i have been sat around with the engine idling for half an hour to an hour waiting for other people to turn up on quite a few occasions so if it was all driving would be a fair bit higher. Plus the engine isnt even run in yet.

Up to 1500 miles now and mpg climbed slightly to 45.

Edited by BillyT1903

The fuel light almost always comes on at 510 miles on our cr vrs. Filled up at asda too. Managed to break 550 miles before the light once, but that was on our only long distance trip down south and back. Seem to be averaging around the 47mpg mark, just about the same as our previous car which was a 1.4 Honda Jazz, so I'm well happy.

Im usually getting about 520-550 depending where ive been.

Could be the injectors are blocked which would mean it is using more fuel. I use a fuel system cleaner every 4 tank fills to make sure they stay clean. I only use Shell diesel aswell. Havent put V-Power Diesel in yet, but can imaging that would help aswell.

Edited by a_waugh

There's no question, my car has a problem.

Waiting to get it booked in for a DPF regen and then go from there.

Can you not find a nice guy in your area who can do this with VCDS ( Vagcom ) ??

I normally get the fuel light on at around 480 miles.

Fill to fill check normally gives around 45mpg average over the tank with best so far of just over 47mpg - normally Asda fuel.

Had a Jag X type 2.0 D (piece of cr4p) before the Octy and got around 33mpg so very happy with the Skoda's economy.

Just waiting for Skoda to get some sense and bring out a new diesel Fabia vrs so I can get rid of my vauxhall.

Cheers

Dave