Yeti spotting - result!

Rob666

Yesterday evening, I received a flash and a wave from an on-coming FL Yeti (instantly recognisable, those great FL LED DRLs...!    ;)    ) on the A281 between Shalford and Bramley (Surrey). Having started my motoring in an original VW Beetle, it's great to see the old habits still continue.

Incidentally, I was on the way back from Goodwood FoS and was surprised by the lack of Skoda involvement (unless they turned up late for the three 'proper' days') this year.

[in the interests of forum decorum other manufacturers weren't there either such as Fiat and Jeep.....    :bandit:   ]

• Like 1

Yesterday evening, I received a flash and a wave from an on-coming FL Yeti (instantly recognisable, those great FL LED DRLs...!    ;)    ) on the A281 between Shalford and Bramley (Surrey). Having started my motoring in an original VW Beetle, it's great to see the old habits still continue.

Incidentally, I was on the way back from Goodwood FoS and was surprised by the lack of Skoda involvement (unless they turned up late for the three 'proper' days') this year.

[in the interests of forum decorum other manufacturers weren't there either such as Fiat and Jeep.....    :bandit:   ]

You where on a road that we use regularly and got a flash and wave  :o, been trying to get a wave since 2010 no luck yet, see loads on that road  :wonder:

Just had a few days on St Marys, Isles of Scilly.  Population 1,800 or thereabouts, about nine miles of road.  Not many cars at all, but at least three Yetis - two seen briefly through the bus window and another (in an unidentified 'official' livery) glimpsed near the airport. 

There must be a fuel station somewhere on the island, but we didn't see it! 

Hi there......looking forward to a wave!!  We are in Bushey Village, Herts and drive to Radlett most days.

The AxHag (number plate sort of) is white with a black roof - Monte Carlo model.  But driven more like a mini if you are stuck behind us :D

I am a tiny lady driver and will soon be fixing a towbar on the back and drawing a white horse trailer.  Hopefully.......

Not seen another Yeti yet - except my friends pale blue one - also around Radlett and St. Albans.

I'm currently parked on Elvington runway waiting for the Vulcan to fly past. While walking back to the car after visiting the Yorkshire Air Museum I was passed by a classic regency green 1.8 TSI with MSW alloys and a new rear badge. Plate read as frog ale! Anyone on here?

DB, I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I don't even have to go anywhere. The flight path from Birmingham to Hendon should send it right overhead!

Outside with camera at the ready at about 13.45

DB, I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I don't even have to go anywhere. The flight path from Birmingham to Hendon should send it right overhead!

Outside with camera at the ready at about 13.45

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/361412-elvington-runway-27615-vulcan-xh558-fly-by/  They looped round several times so we got three fly bys. A long lens would have been good but I don't think they turned out too bad :)

Just got back to the village and parked my Yeti. Astonished to see another black'n'white a few cars down!! What a coincidence.

I think it was called an Adventure.

Should've left a note on the windscreen!! Not as good as wave though.

I dined at a pub near Elstree Aerodrome last night and parked next to a black Yeti.

When I left, the Yeti had gone (the black one, not TIBET III) and a green Roomster was parked in its place. Škodas obviously flock together, wherever!

They do seem to be quite popular round these parts.

Got a cheerful wave from the 2 occupants of a black Mk1 the other day, in Leverstock Green.

There's 3 others in my work car park every day

They do seem to be quite popular round these parts.

Got a cheerful wave from the 2 occupants of a black Mk1 the other day, in Leverstock Green.

There's 3 others in my work car park every day

That sounds like it might have been us on our way back from Hemel to Abbots!  :clap: The two occupants being me and my son as the other half doesn't wave  :D

That sounds like it might have been us on our way back from Hemel to Abbots!  :clap: The two occupants being me and my son as the other half doesn't wave  :D

if you waved at a petrol blue, then that was me :)

• 1 month later...

Went to the Grims Dyme Hotel for lunch today.  (Bushey, Herts.)  A grey Yeti drove out and lo and behold, ten minutes later a different grey one drove in.

Apparently, both connected to a wedding taking place that afternoon.  Was it anyone on here?

• 1 month later...

It was like a yeti convention on the south coast yesterday. Was visiting the parents on holiday in Exmouth and the place was rammed with yetis. Surrounding area too.

Might have something to do with the demographics I think.

I was passing Warwick University (which is actually nearer to Coventry!) a couple of weeks ago and noticed a couple of Yetis being used for security.

They looked pretty good with the graphics on - I'll get a picture next time!

Twins (nearly) at Trelawney's Garden Centre, Wadebridge,  22 July.  Annie on right. 

med_gallery_86998_1821_383537.jpg

Then yesterday, in St Albans, stopped at lights with red liveried Yeti behind.  Probably battenburg style, but it was held up as we pulled away and we couldn't get any side view at all beyond that suggested by the face-on view.  Would have expected Fire & Rescue, but no beacon.  Pecularity - no roof rails!  Anyone in Herts with an explanation?