Yeti spotting - result!

Rob666

Lots of Yeti sightings over the last week in North Wales, and on the way back - they have definitely been breeding ! Including:

- Muscovado one with trailer on the Llyn Peninsula near Abersoch last Monday

- 61 plate one in Tesco Porthmadog yesterday afternoon

- White one in Beddgelert car park yesterday afternoon

- 60 plate dark grey one in convey with me on the A5 near Shrewsbury last night

Red SM parked at the Aysgarth Station open day on Sunday afternoon at about 3pm - didn't think to note the reg but think it was a '60'. I commented in another thread that I saw many more (ie about 6!) SMs than usual in France recently - and four of them were black, which seems out of kilter with the poll of colour popularity on this site. Maybe the French have different preferences.

DU61 *** 4x4 Muscovado SE spec I think passed me this morning on the A5 Nesscliffe Bypass at approx 7:15am. Followed it to the A5/M54 roundabout at Shrewsbury. Then left me for dust. I think I've become a grandad driver. Trying to keep average mpg above 50 :giggle:

My father in law gave up driving a few years back when (to quote him) "I realised I'd become one of the old farts I used to swear at."

• Like 1

DU61 *** 4x4 Muscovado SE spec I think passed me this morning on the A5 Nesscliffe Bypass at approx 7:15am. Followed it to the A5/M54 roundabout at Shrewsbury. Then left me for dust. I think I've become a grandad driver. Trying to keep average mpg above 50

I wish.....

If I can keep mine over 40mpg I'm doing well. But to be fair, that is usually including a large dollop of South London stop/start congestion. If I manage to get a tankful on a long run then she will fair much better.

I do see the odd Yeti around now and again, but they are far from common.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a really cheery wave from a cappuccino number on the A149 near Thorpe Market in Norfolk on Friday, and saw another half dozen on my trip to and from Norfolk.

Got a wave off a pacific blue yeti same colour as ours going the opposite direction on the outskirts of the new forest on sunday sorry for my understated fingers raise but only caught you waving at the last minute.

quite a surprise though to spot both people waving enthusiastically with both hands including the driver with both hands off the wheel and also slightly disconcerting when that actual car is approaching yours in the opposite direction :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Edited by Yetigreenline2

We have last week returned from the Loire,( Chateau du Pin near Angers ) via Eurostar,and we did not see one yeti for the whole week, saw many Brits in Octavias (with hi-vis vests on the parcel shelf )even the fuel station attendent comented on the fact that they are" not common", I think I liked that comment ;-)

Have now found one, same model ,colour but a year youngef less than a mile from our abode!!!

Saw 2 Yetis today. One (silver or grey) on the way to work (at RAF Wyton) on the A1198, heading towards Papworth Everard. The other was parked in Godmanchester near the council offices: a Steel Grey 110 at a guess, AF11xxx.

They are few and far between, though!

Edited by threeshoes

They are few and far between, though!

Yetis are common as muck up here in Edinburgh. I gave up checking or contributing to this thread a while back because of it!

Edited by ejstubbs

Getting quite common all over, but I say an unusual one at Trowell services on the M1 on Tuesday. It was covered in logos for, I think, SW electricity, so a bit out of its area, perhaps being deliverd. Had roof bars, a box to one side and a large ladder on the other. Clearly intended for workers to go out and do overhead line maintenance to the smaller power cables, so presumably intended to go cross fields etc for access. Looked very purposeful.

Whatever the situation may be out on the highways and byways, it looks as if Yetis tend to be gregarious as far as their lairs (?) are concerned. They do seem to be spotted far more often in particular areas.

We have just one living near us and other local sightings are very rare. On a recent week or so in South Devon, despite driving miles and visiting a lot of busy carparks, we only saw one Yeti - a nice little white Greenline that apparently lives or works at Compton Castle. During nearly 200 miles coming home on the M5/4, I spotted just one - black - in slow and heavy westbound traffic near Swindon.

(Eddie Stobbart sightings were far more common - the routine family competition was a tie with three each, and one joint at Leigh Delamere services. But that's off-thread!)

I saw a Tangerine Orange one on Sunday parked in the Oracle car park, Reading. It's the first one I've seen in this colour..... nice!

On a tangent, a couple of weeks ago I parked in the same car park and noticed that in the space opposite was a Škoda Fabia with the next consecutive number plate from my Yeti.

Something of a record today, I've seen THREE other Yeti's

An Aqua blue one near Homebase in Bracknell ( AND THE DRIVER WAVED BACK!!!) and two red ones, one a red 2009 plate parked in a service yard behind an undertakers, and the other a Red 61 plate leaving Warfield Tesco :)

I spot quite a few in the ilkley guisley area on my daily commute.

A red one and a silver I saw this morning.

I spotted a white one in Hornbeam, Harrogate on the 18th April, NA11*** it was like looking in the mirror. as it was a white too.

They are becoming common now and I also see quite a few each day.

Two this afternoon, in the rain on the M62 on my way back from Mancs. Got overtaken by a capuccino one who then pulled off towards Bury I think, and later saw a white one. Too wet and poor visibility to spot waving.

Two this afternoon, in the rain on the M62 on my way back from Mancs. Got overtaken by a capuccino one who then pulled off towards Bury I think, and later saw a white one. Too wet and poor visibility to spot waving.

I was heading west on the M62 today in the hail stone and snow, around lunch time, in a white Yeti, it was like winter over the tops!

I drove from furthest Kent to Suffolk today and didn't spot any others! Lots of New shape Kia sportage's up there, something as rare as Yeti's round here

Guess they are living up to the name and are rare as a yeti, people will be saying I saw a skoda yeti today and everyone else will be saying don't be silly they don't exist. lol

Edited by Dinski

Muscavado FJ61 *** (I think) in the 'Borehamwood Shopping Park' car park just now, seen whilst walking from my office to M&S to buy some lunch.

Certainly agree the new KIA Sportage (and Quashqai) are far more common around these parts.

Followed a grey 10 reg all the way from Mytholmroyd to Sowerby Bridge this morning, then later was overtaken by a capuccino 61 reg on the M1 just north of Wakefield.