Yeti spotting - result!

Rob666

I saw three while driving from Clehonger (near 'Erriford) to Gamlingay yesterday. One on Evesham (silver/grey EV59***), one on the M1 near Northampton, heading south (dark blue LD10***) and then a black one in Gamlingay that I've never spotted before.

Chris

Not one ....... either in a drive or on the road in a 4 hour trip from Weymouth - Bristol and back.

Perhaps they dont like the somerset levels?

Well from the 303 south I saw 3, a white, a petrol blue and a lighter grey/blue, then a platinum grey one at Portland Bill! Not bad for a couple of hours!

then a platinum grey one at Portland Bill! Not bad for a couple of hours!

Blimey - we live in weymouth and have ordered a Platinum Grey one - or whatever the colour is called this week!

Blimey - we live in weymouth and have ordered a Platinum Grey one - or whatever the colour is called this week!

They'll be a Pacific Blue 4x4 170 Elegance in Weymouth for the duration of the Olympics! I'm volunteering as a T3 driver in a BMW.

Well watch out for the aqua blue one with the MT bike on the roof until tom!

They'll be a Pacific Blue 4x4 170 Elegance in Weymouth for the duration of the Olympics!

I am hoping to stay well away from the town centre during the Limpics, even though I sail (and race) locally, the whole event has been bad for the town.

The seafront is being closed to traffic, what was once a public park has been commandeered for paying spectators.

We have a truly awful "intelligent" traffic light system - where we once had roundabouts, which means you have to stop at a junction in the small hours when the only other things that are around are Gulls (and Mr Plod!).

Many guest houses say they have no bookings over the period as their regular customers have stayed away.

The biggest problem is the best way to watch a sailing race is either as a competitor or on the TV.

However I welcome you to our town, please don't go away too disappointed!

And then a white one parked illegally just down the road from the Racecourse, presumably so they didn't have to pay the parking charge. BTP were looking at that one, as it was on the approach to the crossing!!

Black SE 4x4 ****FVP outside the crown court in St Albans this morning.

Also got a wave from the driver of an amazon green superb yesterday morning, coming out of B&Q in Hemel

Passed going the 'other' way a pacific blue Yeti Greenline in Driffield about half an hour ago, got a feeling it could a forum members but I cannot think who at this moment :wonder:

Oh I was in the wife's Fabia at the time.

TP

Dozens of them! I've been down to Norfolk, then to London, then back home over the past 5 days, seen too many to count and several have been 'wavers'. Best moment was in Sheringham Park. SWMBO demanded I take her to see the Rhododendrons that are normally in bloom there at this time of year (though they turned out to be 'late'). Pulled into the car park and spotted a grey Yeti, so parked next to him ... then looked around and realised that of the 9 cars parked spread out around the large area, 4 (including mine) were Yetis. Obviously other unfortunates were also under wenches orders :kiss:

Bob,

I'm pleased to see someone manages to keep you under control!!

Does she send you to the naughty corner often?

Spotted a certain Silver Yeti this morning at my signalbox, when Frenchtone arrived with my roofbars and had a chat and a cup of coffee. Will post a photo later.

Thank you very much Tony for the bars.

Bob,

I'm pleased to see someone manages to keep you under control!!

Does she send you to the naughty corner often?

Even more often than you do! Whatever she says, I have three standard replies; "yes dear", "sorry dear" and "doing it now dear". Under no circumstances do I ever risk "no dear". I did once try "did it yesterday dear" but she thought I was being a smart&rse and I got into even more trouble.

• Like 2

Graham

Nice to chat, and the hospitality - very enjoyable!!

En route Kidderminster, in Cleobury Mortimer , passed another light silver Yeti who is obviously a member of the club, we both waved!

Bon journee etc a tous

tony