rSAP Bluetooth to HandsFree - Sucess!

Sorry that should have said thanks to Richf and not briskodian - new member - apologies!!

Thanks Briskodian and ukcruiser.

Did send a message to the seller you suggested Briskodian earlier today re p/n: 5K0 035 730D to see if he had any of p/n: 3C8 035 730B

He replied by telling me that the p/n starting 5K0 will fit my May 2010 build Superb, and will permit it to work with my iPhone 4s as a handsfree unit. Perhaps either you or ukcruiser might be able to confirm that it will, as he doesn't offer a returns service.

Have another good read of this thread , all the relevant part numbers are there , Al has been very thorough , I only know what i have read on this thread so if i got enough info then you will

Hi, just re-read complete thread, and there are only 2 mentions of the part no I was enquiring about, namely: 5K0 035 730D, one user asked the same question as me and didn't get any answer, the other stated he bought this unit as a complete kit, inc all cables and had to recode.

All I wanted to know was whether this part no would act as a straight swap in my 2010 BY Superb. I'm sure you can only agree that the thread relies upon 2 different part numbers a 3C8 and a 5NO unit, hence the reason for my requesting any assistance available on the use of a 5K0 BT unit. I don't have the ability to have to start recoding etc, and simply want to swap out my rSAP unit for one that will work, the seller I found assured me that a 5K0 unit will work fine, but obviously it would have been nice to have received confirmation from someone who had used one already.

Have another good read of this thread , all the relevant part numbers are there , Al has been very thorough , I only know what i have read on this thread so if i got enough info then you will

Thanks for that Argee, teething probs of a new member - didn't realise there were rules of etiquette re posting. Please excuse my errors!

This is what happens when you start another identical question in another thread. You question was answered at 09.10 in your other thread, an hour before you posted in this one.

Ray

• 4 weeks later...

I've just bought of ebay a 5K0035730D for my iPhone 4. Was previously running the phone jailbroken and using rSAPPserver on it to allow the phone to connect, but there have been issues with it.

Because the rsap only checks the sim contacts, the early bluetooth module is a pain in the rear, having to manually copy contacts from my office server to the sim, something the iPhone doesnt do without another jailbroken app.

What a faf.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just got home from the dealer after he spent a frustrating 30 minutes trying to make my Galaxy S2 talk to the Elegance, after which he gave up and I said I'd have a go later. Just got home, clicked 'search' on the car and my phone immediately responded by asking for the default code. Five minutes later the car has all the phonebook from the phone and appears to be working just fine, with no configuration issues whatsoever. :angel:

Still, tomorrow is another day... :happy:

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to bump an old post but I'm not able to find 3C8035730 A or 5N0035730D unit but have found a 3C8035730B. Does Anyone know if this will fix the problem (unable to connect iPhone4)?

The revision B unit should be a new(er) incarnation of the A.

I doubt they would have reverted back to rSAP only.

Therefore, would suggest that it should work - altho please be aware that i have never tried it!

Thanks ukcruiser. I took a chance on a 3C8035730B and it works perfectly: full bluetooth functionality, great sound quality and the replacement was straightforward enough for a total novice (like me) to complete without any problems. Many thanks for posting your solution to this infuriating problem!

I bought the unit from this place http://www.vag-navisystems.com/contactar who do have an ebay shop (http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/*www.vag-navisystems.com*) but the item wasn't listed. I contacted them directly and they emailed me a paypal invoice for the 3C8035730B. I was a bit cautious about an 'outside ebay' transaction but the device arrived in a few days (UPS) and worked 1st time out of the box so this guy is well worth a go if anyone else needs a bluetooth module.

The details in this are brilliant!!

I've recently purchased a 2010 Superb and had the problem that neither my iPhone or Samsung Android would connect using the rSap.

I rang Skoda technical support and they informed me this was a known issue and they were 'working on a solution'!

I then googled my problem and found this forum. Searched eBay for the '3C8035730A' part code and found a 'Buy it Now' for £111 +P&P. (From a seller in Portugal).

Ordered at just after 4pm on Monday, it arrived mid-morning Friday (better service that some UK based sellers).

Followed the pictures and had it fitted in little over 5 mins (even had the 10mm socket pre-prepared!!).

Managed to connect both phones within minutes.

Great!!

• 2 weeks later...

Bah - spoke to soon. Looks like I'm only getting audio out of the right channel. Might be a feature of the 3C8035730B unit maybe? I've read Bagpuss' comments on how to fix this but it sounds like a major ballache.....

This was the problem i had with my 2010 and a BB torch.

the 2010 car would only connect in rSAP, so i changed my phone to a BB torch because of the rSAP ability.

Unfortunately, it took me ages to get the phone to connect, loads of re-tries etc, and would then after a week or so, the phone would drop the car, and i was back to square one with no connection what so ever. - and another hour's worth of re-tries to get the dam thing connected again!

If i was you, stick with the HFP protocol on the BB torch.

Al.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know if these units are still knocking about as i can't seem to find them on ebay?

thanks

Lee

There's a few on eBay, but you need to search outside of the Uk.

Try item number 330805618744

Al.

Sadly this item has now ended.

Had a search and found lots of different variations. Is it only the 3C8035730A model that works. As there are a few with a C at the end?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

It seams Samsung have once again implemented rSAP from ICS 4.0.4 , and also onto Jellybean 4.1.1 . I have tried both on my S3 and it connects to my car as it should , and no drop outs , rather please about that :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

It seams Samsung have once again implemented rSAP from ICS 4.0.4 , and also onto Jellybean 4.1.1 . I have tried both on my S3 and it connects to my car as it should , and no drop outs , rather please about that :)

Which model year do you have?

I have a galaxy S2 and went onto ICS when it was first available but lost RSAP with my MY09 so went back to GB.

I cannot get a reply from Samsung to confirm that ICS and JB support RSAP.

Loathe to upgrade (despite lots of benefits with the new OS) if there's even a remote chance I lose connectivity

Hi Boynielaad

Yes when ICS came out it was 4.0.3 that never supported rSAP , all updates since Samsung have included native rSAP support that includes ICS 4.0.4 and jellybean 4.1.1 no need for patches it just works .

My car is also MY09 if it helps .

Just make sure its 4.0.4 and above and you wont have any problems .

Just upgraded from a 5N0035730 to a 3C8035730C on existing Columbus head unit.

Old Nokia still connects fine on rsap,and have now got Iphone 4 ( still on IOS5) connection, but what I don't seem to have is a bluetooth connection to the media application on the Columbus. the MDI works fine, but the Bluetooth symbol is not lit up. When I play music on the Iphone, then try to connect using the connection screen on the iPhone, it does not see the skoda bt. Any ideas? is a coding issue ? ( 2009 Octy VRS, Columbus unit was replaced earlier this year under warranty ).

Thanks

Paul

• 4 weeks later...

I know this topic has been done to death but I have a problem that doesn't seem to have been mentioned.

I paired a Motorola with my MY11 Elegance when new and it has worked faultlessly until today when I successfully paired a Galaxy GT S5360.

When I attempt to make or receive a call the car audio mutes but no sound relating to the phone calls can be heard. This happens whichever phone I select. End the call and the audio returns.

Anyone know what I've done wrong?

Graham

mine does this from time to time, but it's never a regular thing - maybe one start every month or so.

i would suggest deleting both pairings and starting again from scratch.

the MY11 cars, should be able to connect to any phone, as they have both rSAP and HFP profiles.

Al.